OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

4 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Nobody has said moaners can't moan..the problem is moaners don't like to be told their moaning is baseless and pointless.

More to the point it doesn't add anything positive to the performances, quite the opposite 

2 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

He's here, the nobber

Had to be last call, some decent calls from all teams then this Pillock come on a

" a           message.     Fer.         Sheffield Wednesday. Fans".    Boom turned it off. He lies and contradicts himself with his whiney voice :duntmatter:

34 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Thing is, last seasons style of play was great and worked, it got us to within 90 mins of the Prem but this season teams have sussed us out, now if we'd have played the open expansive style of last season we'd have had more losses, we certainly wouldn't be in 6th, we've had to adjust our style of play to suit, it ain't pretty, it aint attractive but it's keeping us comfortably in the play offs!

if this is what's needed to gain promotion, then what's the problem??  

You seem pretty certain on events that can not in any way whatsoever be gauged. Are you my wife?

...and if we don't get promoted watching this 'aint pretty, aint attractive' football? I think you've just answered your own question.

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Thing is, last seasons style of play was great and worked, it got us to within 90 mins of the Prem but this season teams have sussed us out, now if we'd have played the open expansive style of last season we'd have had more losses, we certainly wouldn't be in 6th, we've had to adjust our style of play to suit, it ain't pretty, it aint attractive but it's keeping us comfortably in the play offs!

if this is what's needed to gain promotion, then what's the problem??  

If we have changed our style from last year how have teams 'sussed us out'? 

Your point doesn't make sense, plus why should we go from playing attacking flowing football that saw us demolish arsenal with ease to horrible negative sideways passing football just in fear that other teams have worked us out .

I'd hazard a guess if we has stayed the same style as last season  we would be challenging the top two with the new additions to the side, that said I also think I wudda bought in a cb an acm instead of three new strikers .

7 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

If we have changed our style from last year how have teams 'sussed us out'? 

Your point doesn't make sense, plus why should we go from playing attacking flowing football that saw us demolish arsenal with ease to horrible negative sideways passing football just in fear that other teams have worked us out .

I'd hazard a guess if we has stayed the same style as last season  we would be challenging the top two with the new additions to the side, that said I also think I wudda bought in a cb an acm instead of three new strikers .

Meanwhile in the real world and not fantasy football land..Carlos has the best stats of any SWFC manager and we are in the 3rd best spell in the history of the club.

In the play off position (6th) and 95% of fans are loving it.

1 hour ago, aeroswfc said:

If they banned Brian the pig, Michael the pig & Lee the Miller it would be a great show.

If it's such a bad show why do you listen in the first place ?

I often find this thread more weird where you have people like you and HIGHERSTATE slagging callers off whilst never calling the show up yourselves....he's an idea ??

I must have missed the announcement where the club said they would always play in an 'entertaining' manner. Can someone find that article/tweet/post whatever it was? What I do remember is Mr Chansiri coming out and saying this year he would quite like to get promoted. If we do that, why does it matter how we play? This idea of us being lucky throughout the season is nonsense. You don't stay in the top 6 for the majority of the season by being lucky. We play a certain way, that is unlikely to change now, just get behind the team and stop moaning.

5 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

If it's such a bad show why do you listen in the first place ?

I often find this thread more weird where you have people like you and HIGHERSTATE slagging callers off whilst never calling the show up yourselves....he's an idea ??

He likes a good moan about the show.He surprisingly missed the presenters off his hit list..He usually slates them.

But nothing wrong with slating the callers and not calling in...I do it to mick all the time.  lol

10 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I must have missed the announcement where the club said they would always play in an 'entertaining' manner. Can someone find that article/tweet/post whatever it was? What I do remember is Mr Chansiri coming out and saying this year he would quite like to get promoted. If we do that, why does it matter how we play? This idea of us being lucky throughout the season is nonsense. You don't stay in the top 6 for the majority of the season by being lucky. We play a certain way, that is unlikely to change now, just get behind the team and stop moaning.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

14 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Last Season:

Sheffield Wednesday delivering promise to entertain, says Carlos ...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiswNmtxrrSAhWqA8AKHf3MBH4QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fsheffield-wednesday%2Fsheffield-wednesday-delivering-promise-to-entertain-says-carlos-carvalhal-1-7812631&usg=AFQjCNEPzWKs84qEZcSchEJgqOs46dsp1A

This Season:

Sheffield Wednesday: Owls vow to stick on attacking - The Star

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiswNmtxrrSAhWqA8AKHf3MBH4QFgglMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fsheffield-wednesday%2Fsheffield-wednesday-owls-vow-to-stick-on-attacking-1-7968758&usg=AFQjCNF3XsnkYDtRWYeNOSbxMQwxGBAjbA