Squad Numbers

The delay was due to Chansiri wanting to dictate who wore what number, which has predictably upset quite a few players!!

The official numbers for this season were still being argued over the weekend, about who would get the final say!! The final decision was made yesterday!!

Just another spanner for you, get used to not having big stripes or hardly any type of stripes, Chansiri does not like Stripes!! Hence the small amount of white on the Home Shirt!!

At least we are staying Blue I suppose!!

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I would love to go back to numbers 1 to 11 , with subs wearing 12 to 18. 

Im an old traditionalist like that . 

This!

Westwood - 1

Hunt - 2

Pudil - 3

Lees - 4

New centre half - 5

Hutch - 6

Forestieri - 7

Bannan - 8

Fletcher - 9

Abdi - 10

Hooper - 11

3 hours ago, Dubaiowl said:

The delay was due to Chansiri wanting to dictate who wore what number, which has predictably upset quite a few players!!

The official numbers for this season were still being argued over the weekend, about who would get the final say!! The final decision was made yesterday!!

This is absolute b******s and drivel.

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Is it?

The guy insisted Bannan was 41 last season, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he was trying to have his say in what numbers he wanted some players to have

Like I said, the poster above is talking b******s. For a fact. 

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, DubaiOwl rarely posts but whenever he has done it's been very accurate

That's fair enough but was talking to someone yesterday and have absolutely no reason to doubt them at all, and would definitely believe them over someone saying players and DC are at odds over squad numbers ffs.

6 hours ago, Saxondale said:

That's fair enough but was talking to someone yesterday and have absolutely no reason to doubt them at all, and would definitely believe them over someone saying players and DC are at odds over squad numbers ffs.

5 Players at least were very very upset after being told they were having different numbers chosen by Chansiri. Lucky and favourite Numbers!! They were refusing to change as in contracts!!

I was in one of the conversations regarding not liking Stripes, hence little white! Contemplating Hoops for Anniversary, but only a slight chance, being discussed already for change of manufacturer!

Only post every now and again so don't get in a problem, if people don't want to know info from me that's fine I will stop posting interesting internal info!! Quite a few people are really upset at the internal situation and changes/management (Not inc Carlos) thought people would like to know that its not all hunky dory as people think!!

My mistake, I will go again.

1 hour ago, Dubaiowl said:

5 Players at least were very very upset after being told they were having different numbers chosen by Chansiri. Lucky and favourite Numbers!! They were refusing to change as in contracts!!

I was in one of the conversations regarding not liking Stripes, hence little white! Contemplating Hoops for Anniversary, but only a slight chance, being discussed already for change of manufacturer!

Only post every now and again so don't get in a problem, if people don't want to know info from me that's fine I will stop posting interesting internal info!! Quite a few people are really upset at the internal situation and changes/management (Not inc Carlos) thought people would like to know that its not all hunky dory as people think!!

1/10 on the Flounceometer.

Only joking so keep posting your info, please. However, the 'not liking stripes' story is well known and has been discussed on here for weeks.

1 hour ago, Dubaiowl said:

I really, really, REALLY doubt any of our first teamers get very very upset about having to change numbers. If any do, it'll be because they are fringe squad players and have been numbered accordingly.

I also know that part of the reason for squad number delays was actually due to waiting for signings to be made.