Listen to the fans

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Where's  the twelve thousand come from?  I think walk up supporters are important. We're not in the premier league. You seem to confuse owls fans expressing an opinion with "moaning".

Were we around 16k last season? Id rather add 4k to that than lose 4k. That is where the 12k came from.

I think walk ins are important, I think we need to encourage all the walk ins to become ST holders, heres a plan, keep ST prices reasonable, give a MD ticket a hike.

Getting to the premiership is the hard bit, once you get there you are protected for up to 4 years. To get there we are competing mainly with teams on parachute payments (we need to get promoted first) and with teams who are sat with 20 to 30k season ticket holders.

Our Chairman as already done enough, I trust him, if we need to have these ticket prices to compete at the top then I am happy.

Having a competitive team in the Championship is more important than saving about £20 a month.

8 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Were we around 16k last season? Id rather add 4k to that than lose 4k. That is where the 12k came from.

I think walk ins are important, I think we need to encourage all the walk ins to become ST holders, heres a plan, keep ST prices reasonable, give a MD ticket a hike.

Getting to the premiership is the hard bit, once you get there you are protected for up to 4 years. To get there we are competing mainly with teams on parachute payments (we need to get promoted first) and with teams who are sat with 20 to 30k season ticket holders.

Our Chairman as already done enough, I trust him, if we need to have these ticket prices to compete at the top then I am happy.

Having a competitive team in the Championship is more important than saving about £20 a month.

Fair enough.

10 hours ago, Furious George said:

Tickets are expensive.

Kit is not full stripes.

Someone drove a truck in France through a load of familes and kids.

Get a grip on your life you sad fucke rs

Why are you wasting your time on here when you could be delivering aid convoys or mobilising Turkish democrats? 

2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

I think there's a thread somewhere that needs someone to moan in. Off you go, do your job.

Cant - I've applied for the rimming Chansiri post so off to practice.  Free tickets on offer - so an incredibly good earner. 

15 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

You are right, get the prices down and get rid off, Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher etc. 

Bring back Madine, O'Grady and JJ.

Have you seen Brightons team or Derby's? They aren't ripping their fans off and both clubs have sold 23k+ ST's.

When you look at the bigger picture, there is some optimum price for generating revenue from match days. 

However revenue in football nowadays comes from TV with the match day tickets (excluding season tickets) being very little. 

A full Hillsborough at a reasonable price would give a much better chance of getting to the Prem where the big money is. 

IMO it's a stupid move by DC but I just hope the majority of games are category D and below which appears to be the chase last season. 

Having said that. There were games at £20 last season which only attracted 20k which doesn't really give DC an incentive to lower the prices. It's a two way deal. 

Edited by Michele Di Piedi

50 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Any truth in the rumour it's £25 to get into the park tomorrow.........and the hot potato stall only has tuna & sweetcorn as a filling at £12

Don't know cus I can't be arsed to go there either now

got face on with Wednesday now so they can phuck of I'm not giving them a penny

away days only next season for me

16 hours ago, khowl66 said:

It's Mr C's toy and he will do what he likes with it. So far he has done brilliantly in a very short space of time. However, like most foreign owners they do not appreciate the traditions of our game. The new home shirt being a prime example. In my opinion the Wednesday home shirt should always be the bold, equal, blue and white stripes. It should always be instantly recognisable as a Wednesday shirt. 

I also wonder where the price increases will end. £55 for a shirt, £42 for Villa fans. I think we would feel pretty ripped off if we were charged £42 at Villa Park.

They have also increased the Members fees from £30 to £50!! Why?

Time to listen to the loyal fan base who have stood by the club no matter what and not take them for granted.

By the usual Owlstalk logic, if you're not willing to remortgage your house to fund all things Wednesday you're not a real fan and should flip off down t'lane

59 minutes ago, Michele Di Piedi said:

When you look at the bigger picture, there is some optimum price for generating revenue from match days. 

However revenue in football nowadays comes from TV with the match day tickets (excluding season tickets) being very little. 

A full Hillsborough at a reasonable price would give a much better chance of getting to the Prem where the big money is. 

IMO it's a stupid move by DC but I just hope the majority of games are category D and below which appears to be the chase last season. 

Having said that. There were games at £20 last season which only attracted 20k which doesn't really give DC an incentive to lower the prices. It's a two way deal. 

Yeah, but I'm fairly sure that the £20 games were midweek. You could give me a ticket for free for the midweek and it wouldnt change my inability to attend

2 hours ago, poite said:

Yeah, but I'm fairly sure that the £20 games were midweek. You could give me a ticket for free for the midweek and it wouldnt change my inability to attend

Some of these were but I think L**ds was also £20 which was a poor attendance ( I know it was on Sky ) but for £20 you would think people could support their club in the best season for 15 years. 

5 minutes ago, Michele Di Piedi said:

Some of these were but I think L**ds was also £20 which was a poor attendance ( I know it was on Sky ) but for £20 you would think people could support their club in the best season for 15 years. 

The first game set a tone. We could have avoided that mistake this time round. The last Saturday £20 game was as forecast very well attended as was the Brighton game. 

6 hours ago, PEARSON said:

I think there needs to be balance, I'm not expecting £20 a ticket. I'm not expecting a membership to get you a seat on the subs bench. I'm just a bit surprised and even concerned by how much everything is. I don't see why that's such a bad thing? I don't see why questioning that is seen as being so anti-Wednesday. 

6 hours ago, PEARSON said:

It's a genuine question. A good chunk of our fans have a concern. Is it getting addressed? 

5 hours ago, PEARSON said:

Yeah, you're right actually. My and three of my mates where going to go to the Villa game. We was all going to buy memberships and try and go more often. I was looking forward to it aswell. And now none of them are buying memberships and none of us are going to the Villa game. I get your point, life isn't fair, I don't have a God given right to go to a football game, but surely there's some balance needed. We might have lost out on a lot of fans like me throughout the season. Surely that's not a good thing? Does our chairman want that? Could it be the pricing is slightly out for a championship club in the working class city of Sheffield? 

...concerned by how much everything is - seriously, you are concerned about the cost of 'everything'?

...A good chunk of our fans have a concern. Is it getting addressed - what is your definition of 'a good chunk of our fans'? I would suggest that the increase in season ticket holders is a very good indicator that the fans' are, in general, very happy with the progress the club is making.

Almost 20,000 season tickets sold. Last season's average home attendance for home fans was 21,436, with an additional average of 1,204 away fans. In your view, how many make up a 'good chunk'?

...We might have lost out on a lot of fans like me throughout the season

We 'might' have done many things, but where is the evidence to support your suggestion that 'we may have lost out on a lot of fans like you throughtout the season?

19 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Then Wednesday will go on.

The sun does not shine out of this bloke's anus. The prices are outrageous - who other than Wednesday fans support them? The shirt is poo - who would say it's a Wednesday shirt?  We nearly got promoted - Burnley, Middlesbrough and Hull actually managed it.

This Chansiri thing is turning into a cult. The man who cannot be criticised.  Sycophancy does no-one any good - even the guy who's getting a constant rimming from some people on here. 

I agree - sad the way some people go on about him like he's some sort of philanthropist.

I am a long term loyal fan and don't have a problem with the new shirts (in fact I really like it) or the prices, Im not even too bothered about our potential name change from the Owls to the Hawks - I do realise that some fans may struggle with costs and that is unfortunate but success has a cost associated with it.

Edited by Spookone

20 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

As for the shirt design, we have changed it many times and I am pretty certain we never had foreign owners then.

I am sure when we moved from Owlerton some had the hump, I imagine when we changed from 'The Wednesday' to 'Sheffield Wednesday' even more had the hump.

I'm a fan of tradition, but if things don't evolve, tjry become extinct.

unless you are a crocodile, but they're hard as furrrk.

Haha that last line, marvellous! lol