Listen to the fans

6 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Arsenal played in purple. Their fans embraced it. It's unusual for us but I'm not that bothered.

Rather have FF in predominantly blue that Darren Potter in stripes that's for sure 

Arsenal had that kit for the last season at Highbury, as it was supposed to be the colour they played in at their first game at Highbury. 

We we are changing our kit to represent what? A kit that only used a few times for a season when we finished 6th in the league? 

If if the club want to make historical references, at least have a decent reasoning behind it. 

When are people going to wake up, take DC out of the equation and look at the figures, if we weren't being bank rolled we would be having to charge these sort of prices just to stay afloat (we would've gone bust paying for tickets and merchandise  at the previous prices).

we can't sustain ourselves as a club and indeed not many can.

is it expensive... Yes

will we be in a better position without DC... Hell no

i say enjoy the ride, it may well be short lived if people start making DC feel unappreciated and like it's all down to him.

id rather be paying too much and watching cracking football than checking the latest news to see if we've been wound up.

1 minute ago, thekimmyowl said:

When are people going to wake up, take DC out of the equation and look at the figures, if we weren't being bank rolled we would be having to charge these sort of prices just to stay afloat (we would've gone bust paying for tickets and merchandise  at the previous prices).

is it expensive... Yes

i say enjoy the ride, it may well be short lived if people start making DC feel unappreciated and like it's all down to him.

id rather be paying too much and watching cracking football than checking the latest news to see if we've been wound up.

Well said

20 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

is it expensive... Yes

All true points, DC is trying to generate cash by putting up prices, etc. so this decision to produce a kit that no one will buy and make less money than previous years is strange. 

Not that kits sales amount to much, in the grand scheme of things. But every little helps 

Guest tyler66

I'm not a fan of the new home kit but I don't normally buy one anyway and bottom line is as long as we win that's all that counts

I bought my 3 year ST cash first week so I can afford to pay upto £100 a game if I had to, but I'm lucky. Football isn't and shouldn't be about only those who can afford to pay it should be about continuing building your fan base not only from one demographic but across the board so for those of us that can afford that little bit extra to those who have to choose which games they can afford to go to.

The best  game last season was the semi-final at home, full house most if not all wanting, cheering shouting and of course willing one outcome we got. I think in part because of the support that night this helped the players believe they could achieve - Cost £20

If we don't have a good season do you think many people other than ST holders we turn up if we are charging £40+ 

I don't think it's good enough just to say most game will not be Cat A or B we should want all fans to be able to come and see all games no matter who where playing. I know that if we have to start paying £40+ for our away games, then people on here will be complaining and questioning why.

51 minutes ago, Apple said:

But they contribute.

History will show

But if DC moves to a position of pricing out box holders and moving to a ST model (which is a cheaper way to watch the games) then the high ticket prices for POTG are subject to the laws of diminishing returns

And thats as long as the players are producing on the pitch!

I think the gains from high ticket prices are pretty negligible as lots of fans are clearly put off by those prices

DC IS bankrolling the club - and in my view he should be trying to encourage as many fans as possible to attend all games

Its inarguable that attendances suffered last season - obviously offset by the run-in and the play-offs

But that is now the marker - drop below that level of performance and it could take a heavy toll

But those wages will still need to be paid every month - and that won't come from ticket sales of non-attenders

Obviously its a calculated gamble because the rewards are epic

But i don't think the high prices are raising the funds that some think they are

4 minutes ago, scram said:

History will show

But if DC moves to a position of pricing out box holders and moving to a ST model (which is a cheaper way to watch the games) then the high ticket prices for POTG are subject to the laws of diminishing returns

I think the gains from high ticket prices are pretty negligible as lots of fans are clearly put off by those prices

DC IS bankrolling the club - and in my view he should be trying to encourage as many fans as possible to attend all games

Its inarguable that attendances suffered last season - obviously offset by the run-in and the play-offs

But that is now the marker - drop below that level of performance and it could take a heavy toll

But those wages will still need to be paid every month - and that won't come from ticket sales of non-attenders

But i don't think the high prices are raising the funds that some think they are

I don't think general ticket sales come close to paying wages.

What what's that slogan from that popular supermarket?

The basics of this is that with Chansiri we're ok, without and we're not.

I don't think the attendance figures would increase to a level that would be suitable to signifiantly drop prices. That's been proved when we've done cheaper deals for certain matches hasn't it?

2 minutes ago, Apple said:

I don't think general ticket sales come close to paying wages.

Which was basically my original point - which seemed to offend some people!

So if the ticket sales generally are so neglible in the grander scheme then why not set them at a more affordable and sensible level?

33 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

is it expensive... Yes

Nobody is suggesting taking Chansiri out of the equation, but it is possible to 'bankroll' a promotion push without ripping your loyal fans off!

Look at Borough & Derby last year, both similar sized clubs to us with no parachute payments that spent considerably more than us WITHOUT ripping their fans off. Those clubs Chairmen speculated to accumulate, Borough's paid off, Derby's didn't quite.

The monetary benefits of the Premier League (if we get there) will all be Chansiri's so why is it unreasonable for him to take the monetary risk? This is how all businesses work!

13 minutes ago, scram said:

History will show

What was out average gate last season?

How many season tickets we sold so far?

DC is probably thinking the supporters that turn up to 4/5 games a season can do so but pay a bit more, are they making much difference, no.

Obviously the regulars are the life blood and most of them will be season ticket holders this year.

I kind of agree, reward the regulars.

Edited by Sgt Wednesday

1 minute ago, scram said:

So if the ticket sales generally are so neglible in the grander scheme then why not set them at a more affordable and sensible level?

Because no business would ever drop revenue, even if it's negligible.

I wouldn't. Not unless there are benefits to be gained long term. Previous 'tests' have 'proved' that dropping prices doesn't mean too much in general, it'd be throwing money away (whether that's morally right is a different question).

If people wanted to show it was right to drop prices then all the cheap tickets would have been sold in higher quantities. People should have come out and showed him the way. But instead for whatever reason he's seen it doesn't make much of a difference, so why throw money away - doesn't matter if it covers player wages or just washing the kit. Money is money.

1 hour ago, thekimmyowl said:

is it expensive... Yes

Spot on for me.

I'd rather pay extra to keep my club alive. Who wouldn't?

7 minutes ago, scram said:

But the match tickets have to be at a price high enough to justify savings for both season ticket holders and members - this has resulted in record season ticket sales so his strategy to maximise match ticket revenue appears to be working.

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Do you really think that high prices are there to "keep the club alive"?

I think that if we want DC to stay and bankroll us, we need to embrace him and buy into the club. Which means paying for tickets etc.

It's not as black and white as you've put it but indirectly, yes.

Edited by Apple

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Do you really think that high prices are there to "keep the club alive"?

I would say it encourages people to buy season tickets, therefore we know exactly what income we are getting over the season.

Its sensible.

Anyone that was hoping to attend over 50% of home games will be looking at Season Tickets now.

Anyone who attends less than 5 games don't register, harsh but true.

Edited by Sgt Wednesday

1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I would say it encourages people to buy season tickets, therefore we know exactly what income we are getting over the season.

Its sensible.

Anyone that was hoping to attend over 50% of home games will be looking at Season Tickets now.

I understand economics. I don't think the club will die if we don't have fantastically high prices though.

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

he got the tickets wrong last season and that led to thousands boycotting the matches and showing their disgust by refusing to buy season tickets this season...err wait ...no...but err

When cheap tickets were sold for games towards the back end of the season they sold by the bucketload. People were

told prove to him cheap tickets on a Saturday would sell. They did - he appears to have ignored it. 

8 minutes ago, Apple said:

I think that if we want DC to stay and bankroll us, we need to embrace him and buy into the club. Which means paying for tickets etc.

It's not as black and white as you've put it but indirectly, yes.

How black and white is this that I posted earlier? And we are on Sky.

Fulham Newcastle - cheapest £25

Blackburn Norwich - cheapest £22

Birmingham Cardiff - cheapest £25

Derby Brighton - cheapest £34

Huddersfield Brentford - cheapest £15

Ipswich Barnsley - cheapest £27.50

Reading Preston - cheapest £23

Rotherham Wolves - cheapest £25

QPR Leeds - cheapest £27

Sheff Wed -Aston Villa cheapest £42 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I understand economics. I don't think the club will die if we don't have fantastically high prices though.

Under previous owners we were informed that we were running at losses, that was with one of the lowest wage budgets in the Championship.

We now have or will have shortly one of the highest.

Taking into account the amount of clubs that are sitting on parachute payments we are up against it.

We want Premier league Football then we have to pay for it some how, it isn't just up to the owner.