Listen to the fans

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Under previous owners we were informed that we were running at losses, that was with one of the lowest wage budgets in the Championship.

We now have or will have shortly one of the highest.

Taking into account the amount of clubs that are sitting on parachute payments we are up against it.

We want Premier league Football then we have to pay for it some how, it isn't just up to the owner.

It is really. We only have 20000 loyal supporters.

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

How black and white is this that I posted earlier? And we are on Sky.

Fulham Newcastle - cheapest £25

Blackburn Norwich - cheapest £22

Birmingham Cardiff - cheapest £25

Derby Brighton - cheapest £34

Huddersfield Brentford - cheapest £15

Ipswich Barnsley - cheapest £27.50

Reading Preston - cheapest £23

Rotherham Wolves - cheapest £25

QPR Leeds - cheapest £27

Sheff Wed -Aston Villa cheapest £42 

Very hard to argue with that.

But the problem is the categories. Take a middle price and sell the seat for that all season and we don't have this problem.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Under previous owners we were informed that we were running at losses, that was with one of the lowest wage budgets in the Championship.

We now have or will have shortly one of the highest.

Taking into account the amount of clubs that are sitting on parachute payments we are up against it.

We want Premier league Football then we have to pay for it some how, it isn't just up to the owner.

So judging by opening day prices we're the only team apart from parachute payment teams trying to get promoted. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

It is really. We only have 20000 loyal supporters.

And they are all now season ticket holders, so whats the issue?

Lets hope more follow suit next season and by the time we hit the prem we might have 30,000 loyal supporters.

Too many of our fans are playing at it.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Very hard to argue with that.

But the problem is the categories. Take a middle price and sell the seat for that all season and we don't have this problem.

How many of our categories will produce a cheaper ticket than these other clubs' opening day prices - which we are told is a day when you can charge over the odds as it's a major date in the football calendar? 

Edited by rickygoo

33 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But the match tickets have to be at a price high enough to justify savings for both season ticket holders and members - this has resulted in record season ticket sales so his strategy to maximise match ticket revenue appears to be working.

Nobody is saying that those committing up front for ST's shouldn't get an attractive deal over POTG - nobody is saying members shouldn't benefit either

But the disparity is huge and totally unwarranted imo

It's divisive and counter-productive in the longer term

It was seen last season how disappointing some of our crowds were - obviously redeemed and bolstered by our end of season performance

But that is now our benchmark - fall below that and an average season could see a significant drop in attendances for the following seasons

I never thought i would see Wenesday fans trying to justify such eye-wateringly high prices tbh -  not everybody can either afford a ST nor has the opportunity to go to enough matches to justify and its quite sad to see the disdain those fans are held in by some

Anyway - i've said all i want to say so lets agree to disagree rather than go round in circles forever

Edited by scram

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

How many of our categories will produce a cheaper ticket than these other clubs' opening day prices - which we are told is a day when you can charge over the odds as it's a major date in the football calendar? 

Take Cat D at 33 quid on the Kop.

That for every match would be better than the odd 20 quid and the odd obscene 42 quid.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

And they are all now season ticket holders, so whats the issue?

Lets hope more follow suit next season and by the time we hit the prem we might have 30,000 loyal supporters.

Too many of our fans are playing at it.

The issue is that a relatively small fan base can't fund a promotion push with expensive ticket pricing. I don't understand what you mean about,"playing at it".

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So judging by opening day prices we're the only team apart from parachute payment teams trying to get promoted. 

Realistically yes.

Teams like Derby and Brighton have a very high number of season tickets.

Newcastle, Norwich, Villa, QPR, Cardiff, Wigan are still operating with parachute payments, I believe.

Other than a Chairman taking a risk these teams will make up the top 6.

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Nobody is saying that those committing up front for ST's shouldn't get an attractive deal over POTG - nobody is saying members shouldn't benefit either

But the disparity is huge and totally unwarranted imo

It's divisive and counter-productive in the longer term

It was seen last season how disappointing some of our crowds were - obviously redeemed and bolstered by our end of season performance

But that is now our benchmark - fall below that and an average season could see a significant drop in attendances for the following seasons

I never thought i would see Wenesday fans trying to justify such eye-wateringly high prices tbh -  not everybody can either afford a ST nor has the opportunity to go to enough matches to justify and its quite sad to see the disdain those fans are held in by some

Anyway - i've said all i want to say so lets agree to disagree rather than go round in circles forever

I hope that you merely mentioned this in a reply to my post and are not referring specifically to me. I am well aware that not every Wednesday fan can afford or make time for a season ticket and I certainly don't hold anyone in this respect in disdain.

I agree that the prices for the top categories are too high but I am not surprised that the opening game of the season is likely to be one of the highest priced, despite it being on SKY. It is one of the most attractive games of the season and last season the 1st game was the highest priced even though the opposition was a promoted side with little history of rivalry with us.

Let's hope the majority of prices are around the Cat  E prices with the higher ones like Villa offset by £20 games.

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

How many of our categories will produce a cheaper ticket than these other clubs opening day prices - which we are told is a day when you can charge over the odds as its a major date in the football calendar? 

Price home matches the same all season. It will only affect walk up punters and they will have to take their chances on big games just like they did last season.

Just now, rickygoo said:

And only Derby would be more expensive based on opening day prices. 

Yes we are pricey. But if ST are pricey then POTG have to be too.

But to start the season at 42 quid is a huge own goal. Once was understandable and forgivable, but to do it again is bananas. Would there be a massive and angry thread at 33 quid per game?

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The issue is that a relatively small fan base can't fund a promotion push with expensive ticket pricing. I don't understand what you mean about,"playing at it".

20,000 season tickets are better than 12,000, do you accept that?

The small amount of fans that walk in off the street are a bonus that will not be accounted for when the budgets are set. Therefore we need the highest number of season tickets possible.

I know we aren't used to it but we are being ran really well, if/when the prem money comes in then question the ticket prices.

Playing at it = moaning about shirts, moaning about ticket prices, moaning about players and doing very little themselves.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes we are pricey. But if ST are pricey then POTG have to be too.

But to start the season at 42 quid is a huge own goal. Once was understandable and forgivable, but to do it again is bananas. Would there be a massive and angry thread at 33 quid per game?

It maybe that the club believe lowering ticket prices doesn't result in a great deal more sales when the game is televised. Last season the Leeds home game was televised, prices were reduced to £25 in all areas but the attendance still only made 24K, fairly low for this clash.

On this basis you could see why the club may feel not many more match day fans attend the Villa game if it was £33. If they were to sell 2000 at £33 and 1600 at £42 they would make more from the latter.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It maybe that the club believe lowering ticket prices doesn't result in a great deal more sales when the game is televised. Last season the Leeds home game was televised, prices were reduced to £25 in all areas but the attendance still only made 24K, fairly low for this clash.

On this basis you could see why the club may feel not many more match day fans attend the Villa game if it was £33. If they were to sell 2000 at £33 and 1600 at £42 they would make more from the latter.

I get that. But against Burton, will they get 2000 at £27 compared to 1600 at £33?

I think over the season it would at least even itself out, and fans would not feel offended at horrendous 42 quid headlines.

17 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

20,000 season tickets are better than 12,000, do you accept that?

The small amount of fans that walk in off the street are a bonus that will not be accounted for when the budgets are set. Therefore we need the highest number of season tickets possible.

I know we aren't used to it but we are being ran really well, if/when the prem money comes in then question the ticket prices.

Playing at it = moaning about shirts, moaning about ticket prices, moaning about players and doing very little themselves.

Where's  the twelve thousand come from?  I think walk up supporters are important. We're not in the premier league. You seem to confuse owls fans expressing an opinion with "moaning".