Standing

It's doesn't just apply at football. It's everywhere that's public. If you're in a notifiable occupation (teacher?) you should be careful.

Fully aware that it's something you need to be careful with. Especially when you, like me, work with kids.

At the same time though, we live in the real word. Football is a highly emotional environment and I can turn into a completely different person.

Typically speaking, in a classroom, I won't hit a chair in frustration. But refs have driven me to that at least twice this season.

I've been in department offices at school where teachers have sworn like sailors...constantly.

It's the real world. Rules and norms are broken on a daily basis 

Fully aware that it's something you need to be careful with. Especially when you, like me, work with kids.

At the same time though, we live in the real word. Football is a highly emotional environment and I can turn into a completely different person.

Typically speaking, in a classroom, I won't hit a chair in frustration. But refs have driven me to that at least twice this season.

I've been in department offices at school where teachers have sworn like sailors...constantly.

It's the real world. Rules and norms are broken on a daily basis

Is this what you would tell ofsted? 😄

Is this what you would tell ofsted?

You're careful in the situations you have to be lol

You'd be surprised about what goes off behind the closed doors of departmental offices...

That said. I've not even committed to being a teacher yet. Just  a TA and pretty comfortable with that for the time being. 

You're careful in the situations you have to be lol

You'd be surprised about what goes off behind the closed doors of departmental offices...

That said. I've not even committed to being a teacher yet. Just a TA and pretty comfortable with that for the time being.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Guest Deleted member

I've been booted out for swearing. Andy Booth missed an open goal against Cambridge in a league cup tie

I stood up and hurled dogs abuse at him. Final warning from the steward

He did exactly the same thing two minutes later, up I got said my peice and I saw the steward walking towards me. I said no need I'm off pal

To be fair I was about 14 and full of tenants super (purple can like treacle)

Andy Booth made me feel like that most games lol

I always thought it would be more effective for the rest of the team to hit the ball at him really hard and hope for a lucky deflection into the net

I don't know how old Salmonbones' dad is but it sounds like he's supported The Owls all his life through thick and thin and now he thinks he's getting to old because he can't stand and see the game because younger people think they can break rules and everyone else can just fo ok off.

It's disgraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Now maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but when I was younger, we didn't have people like that, I always thought the other lot had more than their fair share of selfish people, but we didn't,How things have changed. 

This is more a generational issue. People this day and age just have less respect for each other and are less considerate. I love standing and would chose to stand all the way through if I could but i'll constantly check behind me to see if they are sat and I will sit so I'm not obstructing their view. 

Alot of people are just flipping horrible nowadays. We're all wednesday until someone wants to be a complete arrogant, ignorant selfish ***. 

Guest Deleted member

Back from New York today so had a chance to have a proper catch up with the folks.

Apparently there were a number of groups of people sat around them that were complaining to the persistent standers on the front row of the 2nd tier. All agreed that they needed to sit down more than they could stand. There were some pretty shocking reactions from those standing - inc the one I referred to originally.

The saddest reaction was from the 6 footer stood directly in front of my Mum - who turned round and looked at her when she asked if he'd mind sitting down as they couldn't stand for 90 minutes, and he just looked straight at her, then turned back round and completely ignored her. No response at all.

What an absolute tw@

If she hadnt said 6ft I suppose it could have been Bez. 

Anyway - you guys will be pleased to know that they've said if we get to Wembley again they won't go. Its too much money to spend on travel and tickets to not be able to see anything.

Behaviour at matches :- people often say we have our fare share of Idiot ill mannered Yobs. After Wembley I think it's far more than that. Though I must say Wembleys attitude to

existent disability legislation is pathetic. Who cares when they can charge £5 for 2oz of Popcorn. My current stance on Wembley is that I won't be going back.

What a pity that the FA with all that money at their disposal and 100's of acres of land at St Georges Park couldn't join up the dots and give us a National stadium to be proud of ! 

Guest mkowl
32 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Back from New York today so had a chance to have a proper catch up with the folks.

Apparently there were a number of groups of people sat around them that were complaining to the persistent standers on the front row of the 2nd tier. All agreed that they needed to sit down more than they could stand. There were some pretty shocking reactions from those standing - inc the one I referred to originally.

The saddest reaction was from the 6 footer stood directly in front of my Mum - who turned round and looked at her when she asked if he'd mind sitting down as they couldn't stand for 90 minutes, and he just looked straight at her, then turned back round and completely ignored her. No response at all.

What an absolute tw@

If she hadnt said 6ft I suppose it could have been Bez. 

Anyway - you guys will be pleased to know that they've said if we get to Wembley again they won't go. Its too much money to spend on travel and tickets to not be able to see anything.

All part of their masterplan to get tickets for their mates who want to stand

What I really don't get is that this was not an away game, but a final on neutral territory and a wider range of Wednesday fans of different vintages would be going and a bit of respect would be shown to those less able.

Guest Deleted member
Just now, mkowl said:

All part of their masterplan to get tickets for their mates who want to stand

What I really don't get is that this was not an away game, but a final on neutral territory and a wider range of Wednesday fans of different vintages would be going and a bit of respect would be shown to those less able.

I gave up on the idea that these guys had any respect a long time ago in this thread

Guest Deleted member
17 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Behaviour at matches :- people often say we have our fare share of Idiot ill mannered Yobs. After Wembley I think it's far more than that. Though I must say Wembleys attitude to

existent disability legislation is pathetic. Who cares when they can charge £5 for 2oz of Popcorn. My current stance on Wembley is that I won't be going back.

What a pity that the FA with all that money at their disposal and 100's of acres of land at St Georges Park couldn't join up the dots and give us a National stadium to be proud of ! 

Have a plus one for that Nev.

And I'm sorry you had a similar experience. I know you also struggle with mobility

On 5 June 2016 at 14:42, Grandad said:

Do the majority want to stand? Yes
Can disabled people make arrangements to sit near the front? Yes
Should anyone's enjoyment be ruined by others? No
So should Standers and sitters both be considerate? Yes
Are all Standers considerate? No
Are all sitters considerate? No

Simple really. If you go to the football, understand what is likely in each stand and plan your seating appropriately, be considerate of others and in case of a problem, politely discuss it with the other people around you rather than making demands.

Standing in front of disabled and elderly people can ruin it for them BUT insisting someone sits can ruin it for them.

Work out a solution by communicating

Or you could continue to do what most sitters do... Moan and be rude...

Are you an arrogant, inconsiderate arsehole ? Yes

I'm glad you are self aware 

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, Bez said:

I'm glad you are self aware 

Great come back

I'm reeling 

Guest Robster01

Sooner they bring in safe standing terraces the better. Let people who want to stand stand and let people who want to sit sit

20 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

I don't know how old Salmonbones' dad is but it sounds like he's supported The Owls all his life through thick and thin and now he thinks he's getting to old because he can't stand and see the game because younger people think they can break rules and everyone else can just fo ok off.

It's disgraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Now maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but when I was younger, we didn't have people like that, I always thought the other lot had more than their fair share of selfish people, but we didn't,How things have changed. 

This is more a generational issue. People this day and age just have less respect for each other and are less considerate. I love standing and would chose to stand all the way through if I could but i'll constantly check behind me to see if they are sat and I will sit so I'm not obstructing their view. 

Alot of people are just flipping horrible nowadays. We're all wednesday until someone wants to be a complete arrogant, ignorant selfish ***. 

You're looking back with rose tinted glasses….. Just as many nasty people about, just as many bullies, idiots, etc.

You don't hear as much racist remarks being shouted out nowadays, even the songs in the main have less swearing in them,  I know, I know If you don't bounce.

Edited by Holmes