Standing

So we all know its wrong but some feel they can do it anyway and you want to create an area where they can. To be honest at Hillsboro it already exists but if an accident was to happen what do you think the Insurance would do?

At all stadiums it exists.

And has for years.

All stadiums have areas where home fans will stand.

95% of away teams fans stands.

Police don't stop it. Stewards don't stop it.

If they did it would be stopped.

They don't, cos they're not bothered.

Literally. Not. Bothered.

So we all know its wrong but some feel they can do it anyway and you want to create an area where they can. To be honest at Hillsboro it already exists but if an accident was to happen what do you think the Insurance would do?

That's a good point, any insurance company would wash their hands of any claim, "youdidn't enforce the rules so we aint paying" anyone injured would then sue the club

Read the first 10 pages and skipped here so sorry if I repeat something that's been said.

First of all, the rights and wrong on this are very clear. Theres a huge clue, it's the seat you're stood in front of. If you stood up, you are in the wrong. That's as clear as anything. Seats were installed to improve safety.

My Dad's 80 in July, Mums 80 in January. They are still Kop season ticket holders, along with my Auntie who's 83. They sit there because they can't afford South Stand season tickets. All were at Wembley on Saturday. All had a godawful day not because of being unable to see, but because of the f*** you attitude of Wednesdayites who insisted that they will do what they like and they can f*** off. Pretty much demonstrated in this thread by numerous

Dad's had his hip replaced 3 times. He walks with a stick. He's also I would wager watched Wednesday more times, in more grounds than pretty much 95% of those in this thread with an appalling attitude.

Having said all of that, I did warn them what to expect. I've not missed more than a handful of away games in the last few years, and have stood up at every one. Not because I want to, it's more because I have to, for the same reasons I've just explained.

I don't expect anybody to consider what their attitude means to other people. It's been demonstrated clearly already that people will do what the hell, they want and f*** the lot of you. That's the society we live in these days.

I will continue to attend away games, and continue to stand at them for as long as I can. Because I want to see the game. As soon as I'm so old that I have to sit looking at the arse of some selfish foul mouthed idiot who considers his own importance in front of those of older, infirm, or disabled supporters, my away days will end.

Makes you feel fair proud doesn't it. Wawaw is the biggest fallacy of them all.

Amen to this Grandad. WAWAW is complete and utter horseshit to some people.

Guest mkowl

At all stadiums it exists.

And has for years.

All stadiums have areas where home fans will stand.

95% of away teams fans stands.

Police don't stop it. Stewards don't stop it.

If they did it would be stopped.

They don't, cos they're not bothered.

Literally. Not. Bothered.

So the fact it's unsafe does not phase you in the slightest ? The fans felt Hillsborough was unsafe, I have felt unsafe in other stadiums - the authorities turned a blind eye

As we found out it doesn't make it right

I saw a situation at the Brighton game that genuinely concerned me. Stewards stood 2 yards away permitting standing in the aisles probably because it was less hassle to do so. Even when folk went flying head first down the aisle when we scored. Even when St John's Ambulance were called in to assist a couple of folk who were hurt. It is probably a laugh in the concourses pre match and HT but in some venues that also looks like an accident waiting to happen.

As I say post Hillsborough the view of fans changed and I can see that the tide is turning

Resigning 'from my post' is a laughable suggestion anyway,

No more than your stance "I am right, bugger all else" 

Youth, you are far from right.   30 years ago you'd have been the kind of person to refuse to get a license for your dog, you are that belligerent in your views.

I hope you never get old, because you will get shåt on by those like you.

Edited by salmonbones

Love how this thread has gone from moaning about people not being able to see to how unsafe it is.

This has not been brought up since I've been on Owlstalk. Not been brought up at at steering group meeting. Nor social media.

Talking to my kid brother. He started going to away games at 7. I was the same age. He said he's never gone a full game not seeing, or felt unsafe. I have to concur with that.

Youth, you are far from right.   30 years ago you'd have been the kind of person to refuse to get a license for your dog, you are that belligerent in your views.

It could be argued that you and everyone else in this thread has that same stance, from both sides of the argument.

Very condescending post that, and the last line is a bit out of order.

When have I said 'I'm alright, bugger all else'.

Once again, on Saturday two older blokes were behind me. Within a few mins of the game starting they sat. I then shifted across so I wasn't in their view & told my Mum to do the same.

So don't you dare start painting me out to be something I am not, and never have been! 

I've also pointed out a way round making sure ''sitters'' and ''standers'' can all be accommodated.

But go ahead & ignore that too.

how the chuff can you conclude she wouldnt have bought a dog license lol

Love how this thread has gone from moaning about people not being able to see to how unsafe it is.

This has not been brought up since I've been on Owlstalk. Not been brought up at at steering group meeting. Nor social media.

Talking to my kid brother. He started going to away games at 7. I was the same age. He said he's never gone a full game not seeing, or felt unsafe. I have to concur with that.

you just don't get it do you, it's against the law ffs

How many more times does she need to say that's not her attitude, and that's she's actually quite considerate of those behind her?!

I find it quite ironic that the people that are complaining about the 'I'm having fun, arseholes to you' attitude are the same people that have the attitude of 'It says sit on the ticket, so you must do as the ticket says / me and three others in this crowd have dodgy knees or backs, so arseholes to the 95% that wish to stand'.

When have I said 'I'm alright, bugger all else'.

Once again, on Saturday two older blokes were behind me. Within a few mins of the game starting they sat. I then shifted across so I wasn't in their view & told my Mum to do the same.

So don't you dare start painting me out to be something I am not, and never have been! 

I've also pointed out a way round making sure ''sitters'' and ''standers'' can all be accommodated.

But go ahead & ignore that too.

its against the flippinglaw, are you stupid

How many more times does she need to say that's not her attitude, and that's she's actually quite considerate of those behind her?!

I find it quite ironic that the people that are complaining about the 'I'm having fun, arseholes to you' attitude are the same people that have the attitude of 'It says sit on the ticket, so you must do as the ticket says / me and three others in this crowd have dodgy knees or backs, so arseholes to the 95% that wish to stand'.

she and you should obey the rules and that is to sit the flip down