Standing

I think it's probably time to let this thread go to be honest.

Everyone has had their say on the matter, and now it is starting to go around in circles.

Far too many insults and personal attacks flying around too.

I agree, never got the PM from the skate anyhow  :tango:

Thanks for the clarification.

Clarifying that you're an idiot. Crack on

80 year old man: Excuse me, sorry, but would you mind sitting down please because my knees are hurting and i'm struggling to stand up?

Standing fan: F*** off

didn't happen did it? lol

It's an away game though. You know what you're letting yourself in for on an away game. Yes. The letter of the law says sit....but we never do. You cannot go to a Wednesday away game and loan that you've been forced to stand. In an ideal world the first few rows would be roped off for sitters.

The children in question may or may not have been struggling to see, but you cannot determine whether this effected their enjoyment. The game was hardly a classic and, from my own personal experience of being a child at an away game and speaking for my brother, the bouncing and singing and what not is ten times more fun when you're a child than watching the game itself. Especially when we're not attacking.

As for 'falling through the seat' you may as well wrap them in cotton wool if you worry bout that. Plenty of other 'dangers' at footy. I see grown men stood on those seats and they don't fall through'. And any parents gonna have some sort of grip on the kid anyway in case of a goal.

I'm wondering whether grounds (specifically away ends could be designed in a similar way to the away end at Ninian Park, Cardiff used to be i.e 10 rows of seats separated off from terraces (safe standing) behind.

I'm 28 and being going away since 2000/01, I don't think I've ever sat down and wouldn't have it any other way. If people want to sit and be quiet watching football get a ticket near the half way line

I'm wondering whether grounds (specifically away ends could be designed in a similar way to the away end at Ninian Park, Cardiff used to be i.e 10 rows of seats separated off from terraces (safe standing) behind.

I'm 28 and being going away since 2000/01, I don't think I've ever sat down and wouldn't have it any other way. If people want to sit and be quiet watching football get a ticket near the half way line

It would certainly eliminate this kind of argument.

Hopefully safe standing turns out to be a success at Parkhead and they'll set a trend that takes off in the Football League.

I'm in New York on holiday. Posting occasionally in between traveling.

Hopefully you didn't miss where I posted that I didn't think you should resign your post for the reasons given. I think that sums up my response.

Resigning 'from my post' is a laughable suggestion anyway, I doubt the bloke is serious & reckon he's trolling so ignoring anything he's saying.

However, questioning my attitude in this thread when I've repeatedly said that compromises should be, and are usually, made is ridiculous.

Generally Wednesday fans are ridiculously accommodating. It's a shame that sometimes people's requests are made my idiots but that happens a lot in life.

The overall point is, just like WAWAW means that us standers shouldn't prioritise our fun over sitters being able to see, sitters ''being able to see'' shouldn't come at the price of killing the enjoyment of other paying customers, and kill off our famous away atmosphere that receives positive media attention, players love it & makes opposition players want to come here.

I will continue to stand at away games as will thousands. 

I will continue to look behind me to check on the situation of the fan behind me and make any necessary alterations.

The majority of the time a balance can be struck and IS normally struck.

Which is why after every away game we don't have threads on here criticising standers & it's not be brought up in the steering group.

I think the ticket office could introduce a system where the bottom few rows are a designated 'family area'. Can't call it a seated area as, by the letter of the law, everyone should sit. But we all know this doesn't happen anywhere in the country at away games.

That way fans know that the bottom few rows will be quieter/easier viewing.

I don't feel the need to trade insults with you through personal messaging.

I have better things to do with my time.

Don't know how to use it do you.

FWIW I was after an answer to my original question about the clubs rules. I was not after into a slanging match.

You still have not answered BTW

why did there have to be a swap-the whole point of this thread was that nobody was sat in the seats.

Not your family

Are you a dimwit? I am sure most with a decent level of education would understand what I wrote and how I wrote it?

I think the ticket office could introduce a system where the bottom few rows are a designated 'family area'. Can't call it a seated area as, by the letter of the law, everyone should sit. But we all know this doesn't happen anywhere in the country at away games.

That way fans know that the bottom few rows will be quieter/easier viewing.

You'll then have the issue with language. The Kop and North stands have always had a lot more colourful language than the South.

The current family seating area is good because it keeps the families away from the more rowdy stands with the more 'industrial' language.

Don't know how to use it do you.

FWIW I was after an answer to my original question about the clubs rules. I was not after into a slanging match.

You still have not answered BTW

That's because you never actually asked anything.

And as for the "not wanting a slanging match", surely you can see how it looks when you start throwing insults and sending patronising personal messages?

Edited by pompeyowl

Are you a dimwit? I am sure most with a decent level of education would understand what I wrote and how I wrote it?

You've not understood what i've said, are you a dimwit too? lol

do you not think bearing in mind that the fans were stood up, you didn't have to 'swap', merely you could've sat them down and the standers budge up. There was plenty of room!

You'll then have the issue with language. The Kop and North stands have always had a lot more colourful language than the South.

The current family seating area is good because it keeps the families away from the more rowdy stands with the more 'industrial' language.

Meant at just away games.