Standing

Guest Deleted member

Humiliating attitude from those out of date supporters in here.

Grow up.

You're absolutely right to feel humiliated for your opinion

Where I was stood (sat) and all around there appeared to be 2 seats for every 3 people - how did that happen?

loads of empty seats in my block

Sat down as oldish woman behind me wouldnt have been able to see. Least the seats were padded 

Now I know you are from portsmouth but you do need to try and concentrate

http://www.swfc.co.uk/club/ground_regulations/

Pay special attention to rule number 13

Oh and whilst you're on, why all the negging? Don't act like a baby, did you read my PM?

I'm rather flattered that you took the time to send me a personal message. As I don't recieve too many, I don't look out for the notifications.

I do find it very amusing that you ask my age, and tell me to "concentrate", dispite your clear lack of concentration during English lessons.

I'll not get into this whole PO v SO postcode nonsense, as this is a forum about a club based in SHEFFIELD, and I have had good conversations and banter with fellow Owls from the SO area.

Now, the negging. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the purpose of the pos / neg buttons are to express and show your like / dislike for certain posts. As I find your posts in this thread hilariously daft, I have used the neg button to reflect this. It's not a personal thing, I just found your posts so daft that I felt the need to neg them. Don't take it to heart.

Ironically I have aparently used up my entire day's worth of pos votes, so am unable to express my liking of some posts in here.

same here - my old fella couldnt stand for the whole match - Props to the lads directly in from (block 237, row 14) who did try and move out of the way - but the guy who was 6ft5in and 4 rows down was just being an absolute qunt and wouldnt sit, perch, or just moved to the side. He could have still seen if he had laid down.

Whoever you are - fUuck off..

Edited by jamsandwich

I'm rather flattered that you took the time to send me a personal message. As I don't recieve too many, I don't look out for the notifications.

I do find it very amusing that you ask my age, and tell me to "concentrate", dispite your clear lack of concentration during English lessons.

I'll not get into this whole PO v SO postcode nonsense, as this is a forum about a club based in SHEFFIELD, and I have had good conversations and banter with fellow Owls from the SO area.

Now, the negging. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the purpose of the pos / neg buttons are to express and show your like / dislike for certain posts. As I find your posts in this thread hilariously daft, I have used the neg button to reflect this. It's not a personal thing, I just found your posts so daft that I felt the need to neg them. Don't take it to heart.

Ironically I have aparently used up my entire day's worth of pos votes, so am unable to express my liking of some posts in here.

You missed the point, rule 13? It isn't what the majority of people want to do it's about obeying rules. answer the question

Having been met with a few f***s and a 'miserable old b*****d' for a polite request to sit down, you can perhaps understand the reluctance to bother

I do not believe upon a polite request they were responded to like that-especially considering their age. I think somebody is telling fibs.

What?

I've said countless times that there are ways to accommodate standers and sitters.

I moved on Saturday because I wanted to stand but the two blokes directly behind me were sat. Didn't want to affect their enjoyment so I moved!

The general attitude of an away day is to stand and that's not going to change. It's the same with the majority of clubs. You're not going to change mob mentality and it's something I've never heard before.

Our fans are generally well accommodating minus a few idiots. People will swap seats, move around for others. Seen it countless of times.

Very uncalled for to criticise my attitude when all I'm doing is pointing towards logic.

We're ALL Wednesday. Sitters and standers. Just the same as I will do my best to help someone sitting enjoy their day, I also want to enjoy my day so compromises should be made.

Our famous away day atmosphere would turn to poo poo if we all sat.

Bumping this as I'm quite appalled that my attitude towards fellow Wednesday fans has been questioned by Grandad & so far I've had no reply.

Hopefully this just hasn't been seen and no outwardly ignored by someone I've always quite respected on here.

I think if they went and asked they would've got seated no problem.

At half time I walked the full length of the front row of the block I was in (We were row 11) because I was gutted for my dad - and they all declined to swap.  I tried to walk into the next block which was not hard to do but was stopped by a steward.   I was going to try in the other direction but the thought that it was futile was over-riding so I went and got my dad some fish and chips instead.   I am in a quandary - I fully know what it's like to go away and enjoy myself, have too much ale and be an absolute arsehole, I also full well know my dad has 70-ish grounds under his belt in his younger days and deserves respect from some on here giving it large.   But having to look at my dad sitting for large portions of the match, knowing it might be his last big game was the worst feeling in the world.

I'm not ranting, it's just a fact.    We both enjoyed the day but some on here don't live in the real world.  We live in an ageing world and I hope when it's your turn at that age you do not suffer from those younger ones around you who are inconsiderate to the situation.   A standing and sitting area would have worked, but we don't live in those times anymore. 

Edited by salmonbones

Guest Deleted member

I do not believe upon a polite request they were responded to like that-especially considering their age. I think somebody is telling fibs.

Calling my family liars. Classy

Guest Deleted member

Bumping this as I'm quite appalled that my attitude towards fellow Wednesday fans has been questioned by Grandad & so far I've had no reply.

Hopefully this just hasn't been seen and no outwardly ignored by someone I've always quite respected on here.

I'm in New York on holiday. Posting occasionally in between traveling.

Hopefully you didn't miss where I posted that I didn't think you should resign your post for the reasons given. I think that sums up my response.

Guest Deleted member

Regards the negging

What did you find daft about my post

At half time I walked the full length of the front row of the block I was in (We were row 11) because I was gutted for my dad - and they all declined to swap.  I tried to walk into the next block which was not hard to do but was stopped by a steward.   I was going to try in the other direction but the thought that it was futile was over-riding so I went and got my dad some fish and chips instead.   I am in a quandary - I fully know what it's like to go away and enjoy myself, have too much ale and be an absolute arsehole, I also full well know my dad has 70-ish grounds under his belt in his younger days and deserves respect from some on here giving it large.   But having to look at my dad sitting for large portions of the match, knowing it might be his last big game was the worst feeling in the world.

I'm not ranting, it's just a fact.    We both enjoyed the day but some on here don't live in the real world.  We live in an ageing world and I hope when it's your turn at that age you do not suffer from those younger ones around you who are inconsiderate to the situation.   A standing and sitting area would have worked, but we don't live in those times anymore. 

why did there have to be a swap-the whole point of this thread was that nobody was sat in the seats.

Calling my family liars. Classy

Not your family

Check YOUR post. I answered the questions you asked.

That's very well put.

Guest Deleted member

Not your family

Thanks for the clarification.

Clarifying that you're an idiot. Crack on

Regards the negging

What did you find daft about my post

I can't remember the content of all your posts, nor can I be bothered to go back and read them all.

From the top of my head, I disagree with some of your posts, but I don't think the content of your posts have been daft, like Eastleigh's.

As much as I respect some people's views, I don't agree with them.