Standing

Ok, I'm following you now.

This is a very good idea. Eliminates so many problems.

I could bring it up at the next meeting.

That said, I'm away from June 18th while August 25th so if there's a meeting during that time I'll just email Alistair at the ticket office.

I could bring it up at the next meeting.

That said, I'm away from June 18th while August 25th so if there's a meeting during that time I'll just email Alistair at the ticket office.

It could be a good idea to bring the issue to the table. See what others think and what might be done.

its been cultivated over many years, just live too close to the sewer of the south coast i suppose

Ok

Is there a choice?

What do you mean? She's saying about bringing the issue to the table so the standers can stand and the sitters can sit.

Guest mkowl

So the bit no one comprehends is this was not an away game. It was a final played on neutral territory and hence a large number of people - including the older generation - decide to go. They probably have no clue that there is constant standing at away games these days.

My recollection of Cardiff was that the section behind the goal did stand but I know I was on the mid tier and everyone sat. I think the top tier is quite steep there and warned you of vertigo so folk sat - but it was still the era that most sat down.

So whilst a lot of folks expectations were to stand - a lot will have presumed they would be able to sit and I suspect a lot that paid top whack definitely thought that was the case.

I appreciate anyone under 35 thinks the world revolves around their needs and sod anyone else.

So the bit no one comprehends is this was not an away game. It was a final played on neutral territory and hence a large number of people - including the older generation - decide to go. They probably have no clue that there is constant standing at away games these days.

Who some have put far more into the club over many more years than some of those have saying standing is a right have even been alive, let alone paying their own way (finally) in society.

Those who go away hardcore are actually in a minority, but like a lot on here - think they are the majority.

Why should the minority have a vote over the majority and part timers?

Edited by salmonbones

Who some have put far more into the club over many more years than some of those have saying standing is a right have even been alive, let alone paying their own way (finally) in society.

Those who go away hardcore are actually in a minority, but like a lot on here - think they are the majority.

Why should the minority have a vote over the majority and part timers?

Absolutely..........we have some on the Kop and some in the North that stand...........maximum 20% of the crowd

Yes there were a lot standing in wembley but how many had to, otherwise they couldnt see

Guest mkowl

Behind the sitters..

Whilst the calls for you to quit are an overreaction and I generally like your posts on here, I do think you are off the mark here and failing to assess the Wednesday fan base as a whole

At a guess you are early 20's so I was no different then, my view of the world was right. I tell you what happened though that changed everything, the disaster in 89. I was revising for my finals at the time.

What we are seeing here is certain mistakes repeating. Standing in designated seating areas happens but it is unsafe and for some anti social. I can live with the latter at away games, I can't with 40k there, I can't live with the unsafe nature of this. It's not just Wednesday games, I saw it at the Etihad on TV recently where folk ran down the steps and folk went flying.

What happened post Hillsborough was a collective stance by fans to behave sensibly so that fences and pens could be moved. The next generation is now the majority and that attitude is changing but some of us can see where this may end.

where is that?

you know as well as I do that Football Stadia HAVE to be seated

And very few away fans do sit.

It's a rule that's allowed to be bent. Officially persistent standing isn't allowed in any stadium. But even at Hillsborough people stand at the back of the Kop and the few hundred in the last block on the North. Nothings ever done, cos it's a bendable rule. Police and stewards well within their right at Hillsborough and at away games to kick persistent standers out...but they don't...because it's the done thing.

With the idea I've put forward and by saying the bottom few rows of the away end is a 'family area, not mentioning anything officially about standing or sitting, then it doesn't break any official rule.

And very few away fans do sit.

It's a rule that's allowed to be bent. Officially persistent standing isn't allowed in any stadium. But even at Hillsborough people stand at the back of the Kop and the few hundred in the last block on the North. Nothings ever done, cos it's a bendable rule. Police and stewards well within their right at Hillsborough and at away games to kick persistent standers out...but they don't...because it's the done thing.

With the idea I've put forward and by saying the bottom few rows of the away end is a 'family area, not mentioning anything officially about standing or sitting, then it doesn't break any official rule.

So we all know its wrong but some feel they can do it anyway and you want to create an area where they can. To be honest at Hillsboro it already exists but if an accident was to happen what do you think the Insurance would do?