Standing

Thought almost all areas were standing tbh. My section was standing all game and I had no problem with it, the young lad in front of me seemed to be able to see ok and I didn't see any elderly in our section. It does encourage people to participate more clapping and chanting, rather than sitting on your hands slumped back in your seat- away games are always standing. 

The atmosphere was amazing so standing clearly worked, it can be an issue with elderly people though of course.

I'm pretty sure this thread has ran its course now, however in case people would still like to discuss could we stop with the insults and discuss like grown ups.

Cheers.

it will be hilarious if you have to lock a thread about standing v sitting lol

I'm pretty sure this thread has ran its course now, however in case people would still like to discuss could we stop with the insults and discuss like grown ups.

Cheers.

We have actually veered off course. The original post was about Wembley but we have moved to away games. There isnt a problem (with seeing the match anyway) at Hillsborough. Everyone knows where the standers congregate. Away games, again, everyone knows.

I dont think its right for various reasons but we know what to expect. 

Also there are usually spaces to move to if you cant see

It was Wembley where the consideration for others disappeared

and I for one dont want the "Wembley Attitude" to spread to Hillsboro

How many more times does she need to say that's not her attitude, and that's she's actually quite considerate of those behind her?!

I find it quite ironic that the people that are complaining about the 'I'm having fun, arseholes to you' attitude are the same people that have the attitude of 'It says sit on the ticket, so you must do as the ticket says / me and three others in this crowd have dodgy knees or backs, so arseholes to the 95% that wish to stand'.

Saying and doing are two differing things.

She's supposed to be educated, I see absolutely no evidence of that fact, probably only in further education for the drugs.

Bit harsh!

Especially when FlyingOwl has already said that she moved out of the way specifically so others behind her could see the game.

I fear this thread is now veering perilously close to Godwin's law territory...

Harsh is sometimes the truth.

Who gave this idiot leeway to talk about me and those like me on the steering group?

Cheers.

Because, quite frankly she is an arse of prolific proportions.

Saying and doing are two differing things.

She's supposed to be educated, I see absolutely no evidence of that fact, probably only in further education for the drugs.

?

Guest Deleted member

What a shame people can't discuss something that specifically adversely affected our less able supporters without resorting to insults

I outlined my own elderly parents experience fairly, and without any exaggeration to emphasise the point, only to be called a liar.

Kind of makes the point really. Our fans, or at least a small section of them, can be absolute arseholes at times.

I'm happy to label them that after contributing without any abuse at all

Edited by Deleted member

Harsh is sometimes the truth.

Who gave this idiot leeway to talk about me and those like me on the steering group?

Drop the personal insults; they do you no favours.

As for your question, I believe it was the chairman of our club who invited a representative of Owlstalk to the steering group.

Drop the personal insults; they do you no favours.

As for your question, I believe it was the chairman of our club who invited a representative of Owlstalk to the steering group.

When she actually realises she is wrong, it will be decades from now.

Until that point in time, she will have no idea and is arrogant enough to think she is right.

Keep giving lip service, you do her no favours.

When she actually realises she is wrong, it will be decades from now.

Until that point in time, she will have no idea and is arrogant enough to think she is right.

Keep giving lip service, you do her no favours.

Having an opposing opinion to you does not mean she is wrong, just like me disagreeing with you does not make me right.

You are targetting someone unfairly and critisising them because they have an opinion that is different to your's. There is no need to get personal about it.