Standing

As folk have said in 91 and 93 everyone sat down in the main. Standing in the seats is quite new really and it is dangerous. Anyone at Brighton away when Wallace scored will testify it went beyond acceptable - folk flying head first down the aisles and were lucky to escape serious injury.

How is sitting down going to affect goal celebrations. You don't sit down and clap politely when we score. Standing is perfectly safe unless you're doing something stupid.

Have been a 6 year old on an away game and I just stood on my seat.

Christ. I'm only 5'3 so anyone tall in front of me on some away games and I can struggle for a clear view. But it's an away game. So you deal with it.

So you go to away games but you dont see the football but thats not a problem because all you really want to do is shout and bounce.

As folk have said in 91 and 93 everyone sat down in the main. Standing in the seats is quite new really and it is dangerous. Anyone at Brighton away when Wallace scored will testify it went beyond acceptable - folk flying head first down the aisles and were lucky to escape serious injury.

Agree with you on this. It's mental what people do and what they get up to when one of our players score especially in big away games like that.

If somebody goes flying and gets injured down to someone else's stupidity, flinging themselves about like an utter moron, you go to confront the person that did it and they act all gormless and thick. Either that or they threaten you.

So you go to away games but you dont see the football but thats not a problem because all you really want to do is shout and bounce.

I struggle for a completely clear view sometimes. I feel like sacrificing that view to be a part of thousands in a top class atmosphere is more than worth it. I don't even think about it at the time.

I also tend to find my 'gap' between heads in front.

Anything I miss that was worth seeing can be seen on highlights anyway.

I'm young & want to spend my weekends enjoying myself. If I'm travelling hours to places like Swindon and Plymouth...I don't want to arrive to a dead away end.

You've clearly never been clattered by some idiot like some people have on here.

Yes I have numerous times but that's not caused by someone standing up. That's caused by someone been stupid/drunk etc. If I was sat down and we scored I'd celebrate the same as if I was stood up.

Yes I have numerous times but that's not caused by someone standing up. That's caused by someone been stupid/drunk etc. If I was sat down and we scored I'd celebrate the same as if I was stood up.

Ok. So if a person that's sat behind you has a problem with standing up for a couple of hours during the course of a match because it will cause back pains (whatever) for days afterwards because you were standing up in front of that person when supposed to be seated what would you feel about that?

By the way (for clarity) I have no problems with people standing up if the area is designated as a safe standing area.

Guest mkowl

How is sitting down going to affect goal celebrations. You don't sit down and clap politely when we score. Standing is perfectly safe unless you're doing something stupid.

That is the point - at Brighton it was stupid in the section directly behind the goal. Folk stood in the aisles and when we scored literally careered head first down the steps. Bloke stood in the aisle seat in front went flying over the one in front. St John's Ambulance men came in to see to 2 fellas.

Now I am no prude, I stand at away games - I am old enough to remember the terraces so know that type of celebration is twice as dangerous in the seats.

A Wembley final is totally different to an away game - because it's an home game crowd at a neutral venue. So the folk going probably decline away games normally on the basis they can't cope. But they should be able to watch a final in comfort if they choose

Ok. So if a person that's sat behind you has a problem with standing up for a couple of hours during the course of a match because it will cause back pains (whatever) for days afterwards because you were standing up in front of that person when supposed to be seated what would you feel about that?

You can ask the ticket office to seat you at the front if possible.

And, if I sat for said person, it wouldn't mean that the person in front of me would sit. And the problem is still there....plus now I can't see.

I moved to the side for two blokes behind me who were sat, in any case. But that's only cos I had the room to.

Guest mkowl

I personally won't take my 12 year old to most away games because he would either not see owt or the risk from out of control fans too great.

Celebrating a goal in the seats like it was the old fashioned terraces is not a good option. The terrace in my view was safer just due to the numbers

So question for all the sitters. Would you put up with whatever reason it was that makes you a sitter to leave the atmosphere as it was yesterday being the best ever witnessed at the new wembley or would you insist on the strict seating rules being applied and take away that atmosphere and with it the singing? Please bear in mind when answering we have gained a lot of respect from outside for the way our support came acrosss yesterday.

You can ask the ticket office to seat you at the front if possible.

And, if I sat for said person, it wouldn't mean that the person in front of me would sit. And the problem is still there....plus now I can't see.

I moved to the side for two blokes behind me who were sat, in any case. But that's only cos I had the room to.

But that's the thing an inconsiderate fan/s is making other fans have to do things (like you suggest and had to do) that they wouldn't and shouldn't have to be do all because they don't want to sit down like they're supposed to!

There were two young kids in front of me standing on their seats (all the seats at Wembley are the plastic flappy ones like we have at hillsborough) and they were struggling to see anything because the lobbers in rows front wouldn't sit down during the game. You can pretty much bet that those kids might think twice about going to another Wednesday game as they have to stand up for hours on end.

What if that one kids had fallen through those seats and the kid hurt themselves?

All this because some fans think they automatically have a God given right to stand without thinking of others that might be behind them.

But that's the thing an inconsiderate fan/s is making other fans have to do things (like you suggest and had to do) that they wouldn't and shouldn't have to be do all because they don't want to sit down like they're supposed to!

There were two young kids in front of me standing on their seats (all the seats at Wembley are the plastic flappy ones like we have at hillsborough) and they were struggling to see anything because the lobbers in rows front wouldn't sit down during the game. You can pretty much bet that those kids might think twice about going to another Wednesday game as they have to stand up for hours on end.

What if that one kids had fallen through those seats and the kid hurt themselves?

All this because some fans think they automatically have a God given right to stand without thinking of others that might be behind them.

well said

But if they go away.......then they are exempt because they are proper wednesdayites....according to them

Us old timers who have been going for 50 odd years can simply roger off

Edited by AlbertOB