Racism rears its ugly head

Guest Ferkorf

Your lot should be chasing cheetahs???

Hes not racist hes just thick... let him off for a crap joke

In a play off final would you make note of a seat number, then run around looking for a steward that actually gave a roger and miss half the game?

He should have just headbutted the ***.

you can txt in to report and summon a steward. Says so on ticket. Also, it requires the victim i.e. the player to make a report for any racism having reported someone before myself and that was what we were told by police. Agree that sort of thing is not nice to have to be around at a football game no less when we have our own fans of multiple ethnicities and children at the games too.

The usual, 'well you didn't report it so why are you even mentioning it' testicles.

Wtf is he supposed to do? leave the seat he paid a load of cash for and go wandering looking for a steward that will probably just look blankly at him and do sod all.

He challenged him and he's reported it on here which for me is good enough.

As a fans forum we should know about this and collectively denounce it.

If we want our club to move on and prosper we need fans of all races to feel welcome to support the team.

Thanks for making us aware OP and glad you at least challenged him on his behaviour.

*not referring to you Warringtonowl, some of the earlier responses...

Edited by sharrowowl

The usual, 'well you didn't report it so why are you even mentioning it' testicles.

Wtf is he supposed to do? leave the seat he paid a load of cash for and go wandering looking for a steward that will probably just look blankly at him and do sod all.

If we want our club to move on and prosper we need fans of all races to feel welcome to support the team.

Thanks for making us aware OP and glad you at least challenged him on his behaviour.

Cheers mate. I agree this behaviour should be denounced. Doesn't look like everyone thinks the same way though.

We do have a fair share of idiots. While I was walking back to the car a group of Wednesday fans were throwing abuse at a family of Hull fans cos they were just walking back to their car. Apparently if you win at wembley you're supposed to get hammered off your face and sing songs constantly down the street. Seriously, it was a couple of blokes with their kids and what I assumed was a grandparent.

Always amazes me the stick a poster will get on here for pointing something like this out.

One of our fans was racist, it's disappointing in this day and age that these people still think like that and it's more disappointing they are airing their views whilst representing our club.

To get sidetracked into any other issues is ridiculous.

You did the right thing SBowl. Not particularly your remit to report, plus as others have said would have been ineffective etc etc. But definitely right to challenge racism, wherever and however it happens.

Not football specific, and our fans as a whole definitely are not racist. But it only takes one to give us all a bad name, so you made absolutely the right call to challenge him for it. Top stuff.

You did the right thing SBowl. Not particularly your remit to report, plus as others have said would have been ineffective etc etc. But definitely right to challenge racism, wherever and however it happens.

Not football specific, and our fans as a whole definitely are not racist. But it only takes one to give us all a bad name, so you made absolutely the right call to challenge him for it. Top stuff.

Cheers mate, I left it the first time which I then regretted so when he carried on the second time I just thought I ought to say something. It was more shocking than anything as as you say, on the whole we have amazing fans which today showed. Just a sad minority's that all clubs have. Still doesn't make it ok though

You have to separate structural, intrinsic racism from mouth-breathing idiotic frustration. If some pissed up thicko is irritated and wants to lash out, a racist comment is a painfully easy way of being able to do that. The act in itself is wrong and it's offensive but in the whole 10 hours or so I was there today I never heard even a whisper or witnessed an act that made me think race was an issue.

You have to accept that even though it's wrong and even though it shouldn't be tolerated - shouting a comment like that is horribly easy to do. What you have to hope is that the majority - as you have done yourself - condemn it. It's got no place in football.

But it shouldn't detract from the experience I and thousands of other fans probably had today which was nothing short of inspiring and amazing and where colour, creed, religion and any other forms of categorisation were completely irrelevant.

It's a shame you had to witness that and a shame it even exists in people's minds but personally speaking it wasn't my experience and it won't sour what was an otherwise (almost) perfect day

Guest mrbluesky

What has he achieved by putting it on here? Edited by mrbluesky

The best way to oppose hate speech of all forms is to challenge it. Good on anyone who challenges anything they don't feel comfortable with.

Just to point out that, as far as my own experiences today go, block 141 had lads, lasses, white people, black people, asian people, kiddies, old folks and just about any other 'type' you can think of. And we were all singing as one, chanting as one and no one said anything that was unacceptable. It's thankfully a minority of idiots.