Hulls fans tickets being moved?

Have we sold our FULL allocation, and if so, where have the 'new fans' suddenly appeared?   We have a ground capacity of approx. 40,000, which is very, very rarely filled, even including opposition fans. Our original allocation was  aprox. 39,000. That equates to a 3 sided Hillsborough (West Stand sold to away supporters for segregation purposes) plus an extra allocation of the equivalent to the Leppings lane end, and we want MORE tickets?

I would have thought by now that the average supporter as been catered for.

Given the Sheffield Wednesday Facebook page has over 250,000 members, I'd suggest the Club has at least 250,000 fans across the world.

It isn't the same people that go to Hillsborough every home game you know. Not everyone lives a stone's throw away from Hillsborough and able to make every game.

And we aren't the first club to have higher demand for big games.

To think we have fans whinging that other fans are turning up to support their team in the Club's biggest game for decades.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Have we sold our FULL allocation, and if so, where have the 'new fans' suddenly appeared? We have a ground capacity of approx. 40,000, which is very, very rarely filled, even including opposition fans. Our original allocation was aprox. 39,000. That equates to a 3 sided Hillsborough (West Stand sold to away supporters for segregation purposes) plus an extra allocation of the equivalent to the Leppings lane end, and we want MORE tickets?

Fairly narrow minded..

Do you think every Wednesday fan can make each Wednesday home game?

Given the Sheffield Wednesday Facebook page has over 250,000 members, I'd suggest the Club has at least 250,000 fans across the world.

It isn't the same people that go to Hillsborough every home game you know. Not everyone lives a stone's throw away from Hillsborough and able to make every game.

To think we have fans whinging that other fans are turning up to support their team in the Club's biggest game for decades.

Unbelievable isn't it..

Is the bloke flying in from Australia expected at S6 every week?#

I've forced myself over the pennines many a week asking myself WTF am i doing 

but i still go. Some people don;t have the same mindset or the resources to do it..so what?

they are still fans same as me..

Pathetic all this true fan gonads

No more tickets.

ITK

You 'apparently' knew about the '6000' tickets because a Leeds fan who was buying tickets at the Hull office told you. This is after you gave away ten corporate seats that you got before any other Wednesday fan, requiring you to go to the Hull office to find out.

So how the flip can you claim to be ITK!!

Either you lucked out with finding info from a random Leeds fan, or you were full of poo poo to begin with!

Just crawl back under your rock!

And there's thousands registered on this site that never go....lol

On Saturday, 39k+ Wednesdayites will get to stand together as part of a bigger ocean of blue & white than we're currently even allowed to fit inside our entire home ground 95% of the time.

That's more of us in one place at one time than many of our fans, particularly the younger/future generations, will ever have seen with their own eyes so far. Other than the barnstorming victory, surely that's going to be THE best thing* about our experience on the day?

Among those lucky enough to be going – and, come to think of it, among the tens/hundreds of thousands who'll be supporting from elsewhere – I just can't understand anyone** feeling anything but total pride and joy in that.

*and inflatable stingrays/jesus, obviously

**apart from Hull fans lol

Edited by Mr. Tom

Hopefully more tickets and collect at Wembley.

Each upper tier blocks holds around 1000 seats, does anyone have any more info from what block they are moving from/too? I understand that one is block 501 which is bang on the half way line, so makes even more sense for extra tickets.

They may be just creating space for the Wednesday fans who have purchased tickets in the Hull end-lets hope not!

Is this not the block where Wednesday fans have bought tickets. Could they have got wise?

Not scaremongering. Genuine question.

I'm f.ookin' delighted theres 40k Owls going....imagine the debacle if just 20 odd thousand turned up?

Didn't Millwall take 40'000 to Wembley?

Theres millions of .."Liverpool Man Utd Chelsea fans"...Leeds apparently have about 7 million....6million of whom still think they won the European cup.

The clubs growing with success...happens everywhere...

Sure i'm still gonna slag the f.ookers off if theres only 20k in Hillsborough in the future..Until then..lets just f.ookin' enjoy it...

Have we sold our FULL allocation, and if so, where have the 'new fans' suddenly appeared?   We have a ground capacity of approx. 40,000, which is very, very rarely filled, even including opposition fans. Our original allocation was  aprox. 39,000. That equates to a 3 sided Hillsborough (West Stand sold to away supporters for segregation purposes) plus an extra allocation of the equivalent to the Leppings lane end, and we want MORE tickets?

I had a season ticket for 5 years but for this season I only managed to get to 5 games as I now work most saturdays and I recently moved in with my other half and struggle to afford to get to each and every game, My Dad lives in Scarborough and gets to a game a season but I would say he's a much bigger Owl than I am and I love Wednesday.

You 'apparently' knew about the '6000' tickets because a Leeds fan who was buying tickets at the Hull office told you. This is after you gave away ten corporate seats that you got before any other Wednesday fan, requiring you to go to the Hull office to find out.

So how the flip can you claim to be ITK!!

Either you lucked out with finding info from a random Leeds fan, or you were full of poo poo to begin with!

Just crawl back under your rock!

Leeds have a fan, now I know it's a wind up lol

Deary me.

An email I received from the Football League

"As you will read there were a number of additional tickets made available for the club to sell as they saw appropriate. Following that, at this stage there are no further tickets available for Sheffield Wednesday. We work with the finalist clubs to ascertain projected sales and allocation. At just under 40,000 tickets, Sheffield Wednesday has one of the highest allocations that is usually provided for a Play-Off Final (far exceeding the 25,000 and approx. 31,000 provided for FA Cup and Capital One Cup respectively) and based on matters relating to segregation (stand and concourse), and sales within other areas of the stadium, there is no further availability unfortunately."