Barry Bannan on the left

Guest wilyfox

Plenty of games where Pudil and Bannan paired well down the left. The odd exception does not make a general rule.

Guest Ash76

I agree.

Trying to accommodate bannan/lee/lopez in midfield just isn't working.

I agree too but it can work, Kieran Lee on the right please

Bannan was very poor in the first half. He kept giving the ball away and was ineffective for the most part.

Be moved to the centre in the second half, he looked far more assured and comfortable and his overall performance improved dramatically.

Guest wilyfox

For much of the season we played with a midfield four of Bannan, Hutchinson, Lee, and Wallace. Worked pretty damn well - including in the destruction of Arsenal. To claim now that Bannan on the left is a no-no...nothing short of contradictory.

Bannan was poor as a whole tonight, worst game he's played for us. He's been poor since he's come back from suspension in truth.

Really frustrates me that he tries the same thing and expects a different outcome. Tonight was exactly that.

Funny that we won 3/3 without him in the side and not won the last 3 with him starting.

Guest Ash76

Don't think lee with play on the right again after the Bristol performance there. Just didn't work I'm afraid. I think that's why cc has been pushing Bannan out wide.

Wasn't there, can't comment. Looked comfortable enough there in the past though

Bannan looks lost on the left. Hate it when he starts there. He is our heartbeat in the centre.

Forestieri is lethal on the left. He can cut in and shoot or he can go outside and pass or shoot.

Hooper is a wondeful player. Forestieri is a wonderful player....but not played as a strikeforce. All wrong.

My point is he's allowed to walk straight back in when we were in good form.

Shouldn't work like that.

Mentioned in another thread a lad was moaning about him on the way out and said we'd only won 1 out of the last 9 hed started.

Think he's changed the way he's played. Too many Hollywood ball attempts, lots of nice turns and pivots, but then goes back inside and slows the play down.

Earlier in the season he was turning people inside out and moving the ball forward quickly. Loads of short sharpe link up play and was frankly unplayable at times. Not sure if it's come from the management or just a dip in form but he needs to get back to playing that way.