Barry Bannan on the left

We found a really successful system.

Wallace lee bannan forestieri

Hooper with Nuhiu or joao. If one flopped first half the other came on.

Every player in their best position, and it worked. We were the dogs wotsits.

Needs to get back to this.

Yep for me Forestieri has to play on the left so that he can influence the game. Everything good comes through him!

Bannan in the middle is just as important.

If we had started like this we would have won both our last 2 home games, I'm convinced!!

I would have took Kieran Lee off st half time, Lopez was playing really well.

Very frustrating tonight and why didn't he bring on Matias for Wallace with half an hour to go? It was crying out for that kind of sub.

Yep for me Forestieri has to play on the left so that he can influence the game. Everything good comes through him!

Bannan in the middle is just as important.

If we had started like this we would have won both our last 2 home games, I'm convinced!!

I would have took Kieran Lee off st half time, Lopez was playing really well.

Very frustrating tonight and why didn't he bring on Matias for Wallace with half an hour to go? It was crying out for that kind of sub.

Im a massive fan of Lee but I agree. He was right off his game first half, whereas Lopez was the only one driving us through midfield. Thought for once Kieran would be sacrificed, and boy did we need a sacrifice.

Fair play to Carlos. He doesnt wait if changes are needed. He did absolutelly the right thing at half time.

TBF thought most of them were off their game 1st half but thought Lee was one of the better players 2nd half

Bannan and FF both had poor games by their standards imo but we didn't lose and made headway for a playoff spot, just need to put it behind us now

We found a really successful system.

Wallace lee bannan forestieri

Hooper with Nuhiu or joao. If one flopped first half the other came on.

Every player in their best position, and it worked. We were the dogs wotsits.

Needs to get back to this.

Have been saying this^^^ for the last few weeks. Need to revert back to this asap.

Bannan was poor as a whole tonight, worst game he's played for us. He's been poor since he's come back from suspension in truth.

Really frustrates me that he tries the same thing and expects a different outcome. Tonight was exactly that.

Funny that we won 3/3 without him in the side and not won the last 3 with him starting.

That old football saying, don't change a winning side. Carlos has done exactly that and our form has gone.

As people have said, ff on left is much better. Ff is too greedy to play with hooper. He works best with nuhiu.

Bannan was terrible last night, gave the ball away on numerous occasions and slowed the game game when we was counter attacking at pace. Hooper must be pulling his hair out he got next to no service last night and was a passenger most of the night

Guest wilyfox

If you're talking about optimising Bannan's performance, then yes, I don't think anyone would deny he's naturally a centre-mid. But going so far as to say he's no good at all on the left simply isn't true. For many games, he and Pudil had our left side sewn up pretty tight.