Sasso - worth a permanent deal ?

Guest Ellis Rimmer

This will sound a bit daft to some of you but Sasso could be more suited to the Premiership, than the Champ.

There aren't many out and out CFs in the Premiership, most teams now look at quick, mobile forwards, Sasso is quick and mobile.

If we come up against a big guy (Benteke/Lukaku) then we play a more physical CB alongside Tom Lees.

If we are building an ultimate squad then we need to be able to deal with everything, have the capability to adapt.

daft is an understatement

This will sound a bit daft to some of you but Sasso could be more suited to the Premiership, than the Champ.

There aren't many out and out CFs in the Premiership, most teams now look at quick, mobile forwards, Sasso is quick and mobile.

If we come up against a big guy (Benteke/Lukaku) then we play a more physical CB alongside Tom Lees.

If we are building an ultimate squad then we need to be able to deal with everything, have the capability to adapt.

See him as similar to Koscielny.

Koscielny would be dogger in the champ.

Prem is different.

Prem is different.

Exactly Mr Edwards, these posters moaning about Sasso will be the same ones moaning about SWFC keeping possession and not trying to score 25 goals against Brentford, Dinosaurs.

'a CB needs to be 6 ft 6 and be able to kick the ball very far' those were the days.

Exactly Mr Edwards, these posters moaning about Sasso will be the same ones moaning about SWFC keeping possession and not trying to score 25 goals against Brentford, Dinosaurs.

'a CB needs to be 6 ft 6 and be able to kick the ball very far' those were the days.

No one has said that at all. Some have just pointed out that at times he has struggled with the more physical aspects of the game. On the ball and his athleticism is top notch.

Carlos seems to be a big fan.

Turns 25 tomorrow and looks comfortable. Expect him to get better as he gets more used to playing in England, and at the right age too. Get him signed up, and a replacement for Turner in the summer, and we have a solid pool of CB's.

This but only sign that other centre back if he's top quality otherwise no point stick with Lees, Hutch, Loovens & Sasso next year.

I don't think Sasso will get that much better for us than he already has.

I thought that premiership players were said to be at their peak, generally around the 25 years old mark. I think the statistics were based around what age players were when they were selected for the pfa team of the year. Obviously this is judged on one player per position over their performances during a season.

I would have guessed 24-26, but could not for the life of me ever say that Sasso looks like he is still improving this season. He has played a little better since he has not been carrying an injury, but I would always rather see a fully fit Hutch alongside Tom Lees, or even a fully fit Loovens or Turner, because the two older players have heaps more positional sense and composure, although both them and Sasso lack pace and that is not going to get any better for Sasso now.

In the championship Sasso is a decent player to bring in every now and then, but he would never be a first choice centre half for me, especially during any of the top of the table games when everybody is fit. I am not saying that he is not capable of the occasional good game, but consistency wise I do not think he is fast enough or good enough if we are going to move up to the next level.

A no from me.

Always makes me laugh when fans turn there nose up at a promising young player. He's done very well recently and will be gaining valuable experience all the time.

He isn't that young though.

divergent-bad-movie-reviews-4.gif

I like him, especially those last ditch tackles.  

If we can get a decent deal in place then yes, sign him up.

Could be wise though to see where we stand in the summer, before committing to anymore deals.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

That 'some of you' I mentioned were the posters who have no idea about football.

The Premiership is a different beast to the Championship, a quicker more mobile CB could be useful.

Feel free to post your CV or point me in the direction of your wiki page.

I think you are over simplifying and you're not taking the extra quality needed in the premiership into account

Prem is different.

Are you for real? how old are you?