Bbc article

i did hear that a deal was struck for Rhodes last transfer window, but due to the restrictions Blackburn were under at the time it was put on hold until January. Now, this was told to me by a person close to the club, who I have known for a number of years. I have no reason to doubt what he told me, and I haven't brought it up before, however I did post earlier on another thread that Rhodes' body language when he got subbed the other day was telling.

Personally, I believe he would be an excellent addition. However, as many others have posted, we will see what happens shortly.

Jordan Rhodes is more than good enough for this league. It's just no surprise that nobody in the Championship is willing to pay the amount that Blackburn want for him.

Blackburn are going to want a return on their  initial investment, so fair enough.

We saved about 5 mill on the FF deal on real value, so put that towards getting our man.  

Future legend!!

Guest Kirklandsgloves

i did hear that a deal was struck for Rhodes last transfer window, but due to the restrictions Blackburn were under at the time it was put on hold until January. Now, this was told to me by a person close to the club, who I have known for a number of years. I have no reason to doubt what he told me, and I haven't brought it up before, however I did post earlier on another thread that Rhodes' body language when he got subbed the other day was telling.

Personally, I believe he would be an excellent addition. However, as many others have posted, we will see what happens shortly.

I have also heard something along these lines from a reputable source involved with local football journalism, so maybe it could happen..

Also heard from the same person that Joao to Everton is a certainty in Jan.

From the second Darren Deadman allowed 8 mins or so of the 5 mins added time against Hudders, and JR with a Wednesday player either side of him ran 20 yards, brushed them both off and with hardly a back lift (Hirsty speciality) whacked it into the net from 30 yards, i was convinced he should be playing for us and i haven't changed my mind since.

It wasn't possible then, it is now.

In the history of any club, there are times and actions that define the potential future and ambition of that club. When we signed Chris Woods who at the time was the England keeper, the statement it sent out was more important than the actual ability of the player.

Signing JR would send out such a statement, but on this occasion we would be getting a player who's worth on the pitch matches the value of the statement it would send out.

SWFC STATEMENT

(forget the we're on our way back)

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we're back!!

If JR is a statement.....

Chris Woods - last minute flapper.

Mark Bright - open goal misser.

These men were more than statements - they were an epitaph for our dreams.

Maybe you missed the point!!

Quote  "When we signed Chris Woods who at the time was the England keeper, the statement it sent out was more important than the actual ability of the player".

As for Mark Bright, think he more than justified himself!!

Edited by bigthinrob

Dear Bigthin

You are correct - symbolic signings (and I would include beating Arsenal to Sinton) are part of the journey to becoming contenders. Hence Blackburn bidding for Lineker and Citeh signing Robinho.

I don't think I missed the point but struggle to think of Chris Woods without thinking of 1993 n all that in which Brighty was hero then villain.

Dear Bigthin

You are correct - symbolic signings (and I would include beating Arsenal to Sinton) are part of the journey to becoming contenders. Hence Blackburn bidding for Lineker and Citeh signing Robinho.

I don't think I missed the point but struggle to think of Chris Woods without thinking of 1993 n all that in which Brighty was hero then villain.

Fair do's mate.

Start of another journey for us all??