More season ticket price brackets introduced

Incredible Jeff lol

Club introduce intelligent price bracket to encourage young(ish) fans to still come up and who will encourage a positive atmosphere: Club get slated for it

Any excuse from some

(And no, I won't be taking advantage of this ST opportunity, so no bias from me!)

This is a price bracket tinker. It doesn't move me either way - prices across the board are what matters. We have very few details yet. On a personal level the shortness and timing of this window is a bit poo .

A lot of young people will jave different priorities at that age and may fall out of the routine of going to football in favour of other things. If its a few quid cheaper it might keep them going during that time so they then keep going forever.

Also it hasnt stated the discount yet, it could be £20 for all anyone knows so there may be no need for the furore.

Also if you are 27 with a mortgage, a wife and 2 kids, and dont have enough spare change for a season ticket then a small discount shouldnt make a difference anyway as financial priorotites will be elsewhere surely

A lot of young people will jave different priorities at that age and may fall out of the routine of going to football in favour of other things. If its a few quid cheaper it might keep them going during that time so they then keep going forever.

Also it hasnt stated the discount yet, it could be £20 for all anyone knows so there may be no need for the furore.

Also if you are 27 with a mortgage, a wife and 2 kids, and dont have enough spare change for a season ticket then a small discount shouldnt make a difference anyway as financial priorotites will be elsewhere surely

In fairness if your 27 with a wife and 2 kids and can't afford a season ticket then it probably weren't the brightest move getting yourself tied in to a mortgage.

I think we all need to hang on until tomorrow but another reduced bracket and kids prices frozen can only be good things.

In fairness if your 27 with a wife and 2 kids and can't afford a season ticket then it probably weren't the brightest move getting yourself tied in to a mortgage.

I think we all need to hang on until tomorrow but another reduced bracket and kids prices frozen can only be good things.

Yeah exactly.

I havent got a ST as my financual priorities are the family and mortgage. Although I'm only 23 so this new band might be perfevct for me lol

Was brought up at the steering group meeting about the fact that 21-24 year olds can't cope with the massive jump from junior prices/student prices to adult ones. And this is where you see a lot of people drop off.

Not just about helping them...but it is about keeping them hooked, from a business perspective.

Glad they've listened on that.

Be interesting to know if this is actually legal based on age discrimination ?

I can understand concessions for u18's, those still in full time education and pensioners etc but this is just out and out age discrimination..

You can't advertise a job with that description so why should this be allowed ?

Any one know the true legality of this (note, not the usual OT "I'm saying it, so it must be true brigade")...

Guest mrbluesky

I can understand concessions for u18's, those still in full time education and pensioners etc but this is just out and out age discrimination..

Any one know the true legality of this (note, not the usual OT "I'm saying it, so it must be true brigade")...

Interesting point.

Any one know the true legality of this (note, not the usual OT "I'm saying it, so it must be true brigade")...[/quote

Are you always this miserable?

You get 21-24 ticket brackets at away games all the time,

Not a new thing we've done.

Not that it surprises me that you've found a new thing to moan about though.

Would you consider suing the club if you were right? I bet you would actually.

Edited by FlyingOwl

I suppose those holiday companies that offer a holiday package only to those over 50 are guilty of age discrimination too

http://www.solosholidays.co.uk/singles-holidays-over-50s

http://travel.saga.co.uk/over-50s-holidays.aspx

The minimum wage varies by age and that's just fine [its not but that's another discussion...] I'd say offering discounts like this is just fine too.

Right yeah lets potentially embroil the club in a legal suit because someone is paying £50 less than me.

Car insurance is more expensive for under 25s because theyre more likely to crash, STs are cheaper for under 25s because theyre less likely to get a ST.

Im sure SWFCs legal team is better than owlstalks anyway

Interesting point.

It's a shuffle point brought up by somebody just to moan, whinge and try to boot the club. What a supporter!!!

We have only announced at the minute -

A cheaper bracket for tickets.

Kids tickets either same or reduced.

Option to buy for 3years and get at next seasons prices.

Not sure how anybody can find a negative in that?

Tomorrow when they announce the prices then they might be a reason to moan but not with the info we have so far.

I'm all for cheaper tickets for anyone - good luck to the young uns that still have their hair, few commitments and now cheap tickets. I don't begrudge them - it probably won't be a huge discount anyway.

I don't like the timing and brevity of the window and would be interested to hear their arguments on this - when was the EB window last season? But the key is the overall pricing.

when was the EB window last season? But the key is the overall pricing.

Don't know the exact dates, think it may have been in March. But it's not a fair comparison considering MM was still chairman till early Feb and the hand over process is probably a lengthy one.

It was a month long initial window though I think.