January Transfer Window Thread

Guest trusty_left_peg

Villa fans hate Gestede by the way. So..m could be something in it?

That'd be EXACTLY THE big goal scoring forward were in need of.

Garde seems keen to bin off Agbonlahor and Libor Kozak before Gestede. Villa fans are keen to see Kozak being given a fair shot, though Birmingham and Celtic have been linked with bringing him in.

Guest wilyfox

Villa won't part with Gestede. He'd be an ideal candidate to help fire them back up. As others have said, they'll clear out Agbonlahor and Kozak.

Edited by wilyfox

Good news as far as I'm concerned, don't really want to see anyone moving out.

Well yes, especially as we have an injury crisis on our hands. It's odd, we're constantly told that the injury situation is improving, but in actual fact, the list keeps growing. So under the circumstances, at least until we get some players, nobody who we might need should be allowed to leave

Do people think there's much substance to Carlos apparently saying this window will be "quiet for us"? I hope not, I think we'll fall behind the pack if we don't at least make 2-3 quality signings.

I don't know, maybe Carlos is trying to play down expectations It's weird though, he's really never wavered from the, we're at the start of the journey mantra. Even that could mean anything, if he's thinking Premier League, or even Europe. I do get the feeling, from the things he says, plus the rotation in away games, that we're still thinking of next year.