Clearly joao is the new fishing bait for the morons on here.

Think you're being a bit over sensitive. Most posts are saying he was poor yesterday but see the potential in him and give him time. He looked dangerous at Brentford and I think he has much to offer.

Poor yesterday

we needed to soak up pressure but every time the ball went forward it came back to Preston.

Its been said many times already but the difference was remarkable when Nuihi went off.

the way we are set up to play doesn't suit him

Guest wilyfox

Didn't track back enough, left our full-backs exposed. Strolled around the park. I hate players like that. Banish him along with McGugan.

Didn't track back enough, left our full-backs exposed. Strolled around the park. I hate players like that. Banish him along with McGugan.

That would be bizarre but given your love for McGugan it's understandable.

All you've done is describe McGugan there. As bad as Joao was, at least he ran about.

Guest wilyfox

That would be bizarre but given your love for McGugan it's understandable.

All you've done is describe McGugan there. As bad as Joao was, at least he ran about.

Oh look, and how did I know you'd take the bait...? Shock horror.

Guest wilyfox

An incredible amount of potential, could be a quality premier league striker imo, but he's far from the finished article...

Happy for him to play cup games and come on with 20/30 mins left until he finds his feet.

Quite right. Once he's learnt the necessary trade craft required to be successful in this division, he could do very well for us. He has attributes worth waiting for whilst he develops.

Was a bit off the pace, but played his part. Headed three crosses out from the six yard box when we were under the cosh. Having said that, I don't understand why we didn't leave him on the halfway line when they had a corner. His pace and power would have warranted them leaving a few at the back to mark him. Joao apart, our defensive headers were poor yesterday.

Guest wilyfox

Oh well done, your fishing skills are better than your football watching skills.

Is that what you want, a petty tit4tat on here? It really ain't worth it.

Edited by wilyfox

I agree with the OP, thought he did well getting himself between the defenders and the ball. However I don't think he will ever be the hold up player that Nuhiu is, and it hurt us bringing him on when we did because all we needed at that point was someone to keep the ball in their half of the pitch. I think it's more a testament to how good Nuhiu is at that kind of play than a dig at Joao.