Ten games in.

And seven games in...it looks like CC has got his defence sorted with Turner vying with Loovens alongside Lees and Pudil and Hunt/Palmer vying for one full back spot...he has seen the young keeper step up so he can rely on him ...midfield Hutch, Lee and Bannan with Wallace /Matias /Sougou providing the options...just need to get a goal scorer with Forestieri to provide the cutting edge alongside Nuhiu...not bad for a team assembled in such a short time. The other players in the squad now know that to get in the team and stay there they will have to do the business in training and should they get a chance will have to keep that standard up.

dc will change the structure if he's persuaded that an alternative winning formulae is out there.

The ? is who advising dc, cause they done a terrible job, to date.

Time will tell on that as im sure you don't get to his position in business with out rectifying your wrongs but also he's very much his own man in certain things I know he went against the committee's choices for head coach

dc will change the structure if he's persuaded that an alternative winning formulae is out there.

The ? is who advising dc, cause they done a terrible job, to date.

Yeah, Like he changed the ticket pricing policy, You are one of the most deluded posters I have come across.

Time will tell on that as im sure you don't get to his position in business with out rectifying your wrongs but also he's very much his own man in certain things I know he went against the committee's choices for head coach

That last bit is a strong claim Park, can you say how you know this ? and is it a deffinite fact ?

If so, who's advice did he take rather than his own committee's ? - Mourino's ?

Cheers

I see similarities to now and back in the late 1980's. Wilkinson had done a brilliant job for the best part of that decade but towards the end of his reign his methods were not as effective had they been earlier. It's history now that Wilkinson left and Eustace had a very short reign after but the appointment of Big Ron was the catalyst for change both on and off the pitch.

It wasn't plain sailing for BR as it took him a little while to change things for the better and of course we went down playing some of the best football I'd ever seen and to this day I can't believe we did. That said the seeds BR planted were sown and we went on to have our most successful period for quite some time until his successor and the board IMO lost their way and this went a long way to the period of despair and misery we have recently witnessed.

The point I'm trying to make is from the outside looking in it looks like CC has been brought into do a similar job to the one BR did as in change the whole ethos of the club. Will he be a success? Who knows but I think he deserves a chance. Granted it's a massive ask to replicate the job BR did but FWIW I see similarities to the way Swansea started with Martinez and the route they went on to establishing themselves as a decent premier league side/club and the way we are looking to go now.

If in 3 or 4 years time we're in a similar position to where Swansea are now I don't think they'll be many complaints on here but of course there will be a few 😆

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I see similarities to now and back in the late 1980's. Wilkinson had done a brilliant job for the best part of that decade but towards the end of his reign his methods were not as effective had they been earlier. It's history now that Wilkinson left and Eustace had a very short reign after but the appointment of Big Ron was the catalyst for change both on and off the pitch.

It wasn't plain sailing for BR as it took him a little while to change things for the better and of course we went down playing some of the best football I'd ever seen and to this day I can't believe we did. That said the seeds BR planted were sown and we went on to have our most successful period for quite some time until his successor and the board IMO lost their way and this went a long way to the period of despair and misery we have recently witnessed.

The point I'm trying to make is from the outside looking in it looks like CC has been brought into do a similar job to the one BR did as in change the whole ethos of the club. Will he be a success? Who knows but I think he deserves a chance. Granted it's a massive ask to replicate the job BR did but FWIW I see similarities to the way Swansea started with Martinez and the route they went on to establishing themselves as a decent premier league side/club and the way we are looking to go now.

If in 3 or 4 years time we're in a similar position to where Swansea are now I don't think they'll be many complaints on here but of course there will be a few 😆

Wilkinsons methods went on to win the league,

A positive was the Turner and Lees partnership and the continued good form of lee. However their wingers took the pish out of our fullbacks.

Not sure where 4 goals could have come from.

Did Turner play last night? Didn't hear his name but if so im glad he got a chance. The BBC sport website now decides not to show team lineups for championship games which is bizarre, and im sure our official site says Loovens played alongside Lees...odd.

If true then that is even more worrying than the Committe deciding. DC knows NOWT about football anywhere in the World let alone the Championship here (let's be honest, he's clearly doing this, as a man who obviously has a lot of 'spare' money, to 'indulge' his football-mad son who loves the game and that's absolutely fine with me BTW). I really hope he wasn't seduced by that Jose chap (who incidentally, for all his outstanding qualities as a manager, is also a bit of a jouneyman albeit with a far more impressive CV than his mate CC).

Edited by Almat

Did Turner play last night? Didn't hear his name but if so im glad he got a chance. The BBC sport website now decides not to show team lineups for championship games which is bizarre, and im sure our official site says Loovens played alongside Lees...odd.

Yep, did well, Madine didn't get a look it.

Bolton's threat came down the wings.

It's his place to lose, can't see Loovens getting back in if these two stay fit.

If true then that is even more worrying than the Committe deciding. DC knows NOWT about football anywhere in the World let alone the Championship here (let's be honest, he's clearly doing this, as a man who obviously has a lot of 'spare' money, to 'indulge' his football-mad son who loves the game and that's absolutely fine with me BTW). I really hope he wasn't seduced by that Jose chap (who incidentally, for all his outstanding qualities as a manager, is also a bit of a jouneyman albeit with a far more impressive CV than his mate CC).

Wasn't DC and / or his family involved with Man City before they sold it to the Kuwaities ?

Maybe he knows more than we think, a little like him saying he needs a translator and then comes out and speaks good English (well it's better than my Thai)...

Yep, did well, Madine didn't get a look it.

Bolton's threat came down the wings.

It's his place to lose, can't see Loovens getting back in if these two stay fit.

Oh wait the are still showing the match report of burnley game and still not one for last night....typical official site.

Glad to hear Turner got a game. He's a better option alongside Lees now imo.

Eric Cantona - Wilkinson tinkered with his methods.

Yes you must be right. It was Eric Cantonas 15 appearannces ( some of those from the bench) that won them the league, obviously not Wilkos methods.

Guest Darkus Owlus

I'd like him to well but the investment and return of good football has been heavily imbalanced.

If we'd been playing just reasonably well you might put these result down to bad luck, but we've been largely very poor.

I'm always right, Wilkinson changed his methods at Leeds, the got the ball and played it around, if that was not the case then players like Strachan, Speed and McCallister would not have been so pivotal - They would have been missed out.

Many people seem to think that NOT signing Cantona cost us the title, so yeah why not. 

Wilkinsons methods went on to win the league,

That they did but I think his methods just ran their course here. That said if the board had backed HW like they backed BR then who knows if he'd have had the same success here that he had at Leeds?

Great to see that the team is finally starting to settle down now that the window is closed. Performances have started to improve as familiarity increases. Absolutely have to see that continuing now with victories a must. We've as much potential as we have pressure. Could go either way.

Waiting on potential to flourish is what gets managers fired...