Ten games in.

That last bit is a strong claim Park, can you say how you know this ? and is it a deffinite fact ?

If so, who's advice did he take rather than his own committee's ? - Mourino's ?

Cheers

let me state I do not work in anyway for the club and never claim to be itk,  this is through a friend who does have dealings with the club and staff so all of it is 2nd hand and you can choose to believe or not I must admit some of the things ive been told I dismiss and never hear any thing again and others have been bang on the money from them

I will not reveal them for obvious reasons

I was told by them that after a meeting with the committee a member was asked why was cc the chosen one to which they replied "do you really think I would recommend someone with a record like that" it was a decision of the owner and his advisors after a meeting with jose

Believe that if you will but that's what I was told

I see similarities to now and back in the late 1980's. Wilkinson had done a brilliant job for the best part of that decade but towards the end of his reign his methods were not as effective had they been earlier. It's history now that Wilkinson left and Eustace had a very short reign after but the appointment of Big Ron was the catalyst for change both on and off the pitch.

It wasn't plain sailing for BR as it took him a little while to change things for the better and of course we went down playing some of the best football I'd ever seen and to this day I can't believe we did. That said the seeds BR planted were sown and we went on to have our most successful period for quite some time until his successor and the board IMO lost their way and this went a long way to the period of despair and misery we have recently witnessed.

The point I'm trying to make is from the outside looking in it looks like CC has been brought into do a similar job to the one BR did as in change the whole ethos of the club. Will he be a success? Who knows but I think he deserves a chance. Granted it's a massive ask to replicate the job BR did but FWIW I see similarities to the way Swansea started with Martinez and the route they went on to establishing themselves as a decent premier league side/club and the way we are looking to go now.

If in 3 or 4 years time we're in a similar position to where Swansea are now I don't think they'll be many complaints on here but of course there will be a few

Had the internet been around when Big Ron took us down, they would have been calling for his head just the same as they are calling for CC to be sacked now.

Well there were audible boos from the away end last night after the final whistle and from comments from my friends in the car on the way home I do not think I am the only one calling it an awful game last night.

In the interests of balance there were also people who clapped the team off.

Think the boos were because the match was so enjoyable nobody wanted it to end.

let me state I do not work in anyway for the club and never claim to be itk, this is through a friend who does have dealings with the club and staff so all of it is 2nd hand and you can choose to believe or not I must admit some of the things ive been told I dismiss and never hear any thing again and others have been bang on the money from them

I will not reveal them for obvious reasons

I was told by them that after a meeting with the committee a member was asked why was cc the chosen one to which they replied "do you really think I would recommend someone with a record like that" it was a decision of the owner and his advisors after a meeting with jose

Believe that if you will but that's what I was told

Thanks Park, good response, I can understand and respect your "obvious reasons"...

no they wernt

Are you absolutely certain about that ?

Being concerned is one thing writing off everything off is another as a previous post said about Bournemouth last season where was they after 10 games add that to the fact Watford was 18th at the start of October

At that time Bournemouth were 8 points off top spot, we are 13 points adrift already. Watford were joint top at the start of October, not sure what your point is

so your saying the chansiri family sold man city to the arabs?? I think your wrong on this one.....but its just my opinion..

I thought it wer the telecoms guy ..the ex prime minister

No you plonker, I said they were involved with Man City before they were sold, not that they owned the club..

lol

By being involved (and I've no idea how involved they were) they should have SOME knowledge of English football and are probably not as naive as some make them out to be..

At that time Bournemouth were 8 points off top spot, we are 13 points adrift already. Watford were joint top at the start of October, not sure what your point is

sorry I was  wrong I thought it was both of them down there  

i dont think they wer...show me some proof then

Sorry I can't or I'd have more idea of their involvment...

However, I'm sure it was mentioned quite a bit on here at the time of the takeover along with some of the same people now being at Reading.

I accept I might be wrong or that it was just BS said on here but I really don't believe DC knows as little as some claim.

PS - the fact I put Sid's mug on shows I was questioning you a little tongue in cheek..😉

Guest Distraught!

i dont think they wer...show me some proof then

Might have had some connection with that Thaksin fella that used to own Man City. He were a Thai tycoon as an'all.

Guest totemowl

Sorry I can't or I'd have more idea of their involvment...

However, I'm sure it was mentioned quite a bit on here at the time of the takeover along with some of the same people now being at Reading.

I accept I might be wrong or that it was just BS said on here but I really don't believe DC knows as little as some claim.

PS - the fact I put Sid's mug on shows I was questioning you a little tongue in cheek..😉

Chansiri wasn't involved at City. But Pairoj P was involved (in the Kuwaiti takeover of City), and Pairoj P facilitated (?) the takeover at Reading.

Meanwhile Pete P his son was involved in Chansiri's takeover of SWFC ( and might still be involved for all I know).

And seven games in...it looks like CC has got his defence sorted with Turner vying with Loovens alongside Lees and Pudil and Hunt/Palmer vying for one full back spot...he has seen the young keeper step up so he can rely on him ...midfield Hutch, Lee and Bannan with Wallace /Matias /Sougou providing the options...just need to get a goal scorer with Forestieri to provide the cutting edge alongside Nuhiu...not bad for a team assembled in such a short time. The other players in the squad now know that to get in the team and stay there they will have to do the business in training and should they get a chance will have to keep that standard up.

I was with you until you said "alongside Nuhiu". Finally had a good game (at Burnley), but doesn't mean he should be a regular for a side with promotion aspirations. Needs replacing with a proven version of Joao, who can also finish.

Chansiri wasn't involved at City. But Pairoj P was involved (in the Kuwaiti takeover of City), and Pairoj P facilitated (?) the takeover at Reading.

Meanwhile Pete P his son was involved in Chansiri's takeover of SWFC ( and might still be involved for all I know).

Thanks Totem

It kinda backs up my theory / belief that there is some football knowledge in / around our club that Mr C trusts...

Thanks Totem

It kinda backs up my theory / belief that there is some football knowledge in / around our club that Mr C trusts...

you are right hes not blind to it and my feelings are that he thought if he played down the knowledge and the language bit it would buy him more time with fans

If anyone is bothered about us being 13 points behind Brighton they need help Brighton won't win the league we won't either. I didn't expect us to be in the playoffs if we can play decent football and finish 8-10th job done we probably won't have this manager in 6 month or 7-8 of these players the plan looks very short term we need a British manager and core with no committee to go forward seriously

Agree with above and Big Sam is the man!!!!!

Again a draw was a fair result.

Bolton did have

more possession,

more corners,

more shots,

more shots on target

From watching the game & these stats

The we dominated the game, had loads of chances and should have won line is a little difficult to swallow

I have to say this is surprising to me......they even outpassed us by 100 passes or so.

I didn't go but the Pearson/Staton commentary sounded like we were bombarding them for much of the first half anyway.

Just goes to show how things get skewed, Wednesday fans commentating is not always the best way to go!

Anyhow, I reckon we need at least another 4 or 5 games before things start to gel for real!

Bournemouth were 15th after 10 games last season and already had signed their striker; Wilson. Then things clicked for them and they won the title.

I'd like to see our team with a decent striker before writing it off, in case it's the missing piece that will make us a good side

I can see you as a "glass half full" type like me and I commend you for it..the only problem is if the glass might be filled with p*ss to start with and adding lime top just won't make it any better ! Edited by owls-swfc