Ten games in.

New owner, new advisors, new head coach, new coaching team, 15 new players and an entire new ethos for the football club

think it might need more than 7 games to all start coming together don't you

But that's not the Wednesday way or dare I say the owlstalk way

our way is to right off the 20 year old striker whos just got in the Portugal squad as no better than our current centre forward

the winger who every one was excited about and was 2nd top scorer in his league last season, is now after 7 games in a new country deemed not good enough

You all realise that 15 years of $hit isn't just going to disappear in 7 league games don't you

New owner, new advisors, new head coach, new coaching team, 15 new players and an entire new ethos for the football club

think it might need more than 7 games to all start coming together don't you

But that's not the Wednesday way or dare I say the owlstalk way

our way is to right off the 20 year old striker whos just got in the Portugal squad as no better than our current centre forward

the winger who every one was excited about and was 2nd top scorer in his league last season, is now after 7 games in a new country deemed not good enough

You all realise that 15 years of **** isn't just going to disappear in 7 league games don't you

What is % is 7 of the total number of games where you think we're allowed to be concerned?

Bournemouth were 15th after 10 games last season and already had signed their striker; Wilson. Then things clicked for them and they won the title.

I'd like to see our team with a decent striker before writing it off, in case it's the missing piece that will make us a good side

Most sensible post I have read on here for a fair while.

No I went, just as I did on Saturday and I came out wondering how we had not taken 3 points from both games, fine lines.

Just for clarity too, a shot could hit the corner flag and go out for a goal kick, it means nothing.

We created 5 or 6 clear cut chances to there 2, and that is the fact - but at this moment in time I am not going to panic, we have shown steady improvement the last few games, FF will come good, he is getting used to the pace of the game, I am sure we will get that striker in and if we continue to play the way we have this week, we will win far more than we lose.

At that point people like you can crawl back into your hovel and the world becomes a better place.

Edited by BD2OWL

Guest BaRmY OwLs

Think room for improvement is the kindest thing I can say about Wednesday so far this season,

Last night was an awful game between two poor teams. Started brightly and then faded badly after 20 mins.

If anyone deserved to win last night it was Bolton.

You must have been to a different game i went to.

What is % is 7 of the total number of games where you think we're allowed to be concerned?

Being concerned is one thing writing off everything off is another as a previous post said about Bournemouth last season where was they after 10 games add that to the fact Watford was 18th at the start of October

Now Bournemouth stuck with there manager but the structure had been in place for years where as Watford changed their manager 4 times but the structure they use has been in place for a few years

Our structure is brand new and needs time on and off the pitch if that means a season of consolidation then so be it

But our fans want the instant results and performance, it doesn't work like that

so I ask what do you want to copy the stick with it and see way or the change every 3 months way  

You must have been to a different game i went to.

It's always funny when independant journalists from bbc etc say it was a good and open game, the opposition boss says it was a very good game, then you come onto owlstalk and find out it was actually an "awful game". I do wonder if we played like the 70's brazil team what negative comments you'd find on owlstalk. Kept possesion too long and only scored 4 instead of 6?

No I went, just as I did on Saturday and I came out wondering how we had not taken 3 points from both games, fine lines.

Just for clarity too, a shot could hit the corner flag and go out for a goal kick, it means nothing.

We created 5 or 6 clear cut chances to there 2, and that is the fact - but at this moment in time I am not going to panic, we have shown steady improvement the last few games, FF will come good, he is getting used to the pace of the game, I am sure we will get that striker in and if we continue to play the way we have this week, we will win far more than we lose.

At that point people like you can crawl back into your hovel and the world becomes a better place.

Again a draw was a fair result.

Bolton did have

more possession,

more corners,

more shots,

more shots on target

From watching the game & these stats

The we dominated the game, had loads of chances and should have won line is a little difficult to swallow

Being concerned is one thing writing off everything off is another as a previous post said about Bournemouth last season where was they after 10 games add that to the fact Watford was 18th at the start of October

Now Bournemouth stuck with there manager but the structure had been in place for years where as Watford changed their manager 4 times but the structure they use has been in place for a few years

Our structure is brand new and needs time on and off the pitch if that means a season of consolidation then so be it

But our fans want the instant results and performance, it doesn't work like that

so I ask what do you want to copy the stick with it and see way or the change every 3 months way

If we had employed Pearson, alla Dyce, or even atkins I would stick, in the hope they could build. With cc & his cv I would twist.

If we had employed Pearson, alla Dyce, or even atkins I would stick, in the hope they could build. With cc & his cv I would twist.

Pearson will not come as stated by himself

Big Sam will not come as he will be back in the premier league within 6 months and was on 60k a week at whu

So you either go with someone who is British and will work in the structure DC is building and WILL stick with or you go with a foreign coach who is use to the system employed all over Europe and can begin to implement it, he might not be here at the start of next season but the committee and infrastructure will be

Jeeez!

Can't we wait until around Christmas time to decide where we are?

I presume the OP didn't go to Burnley or Bolton?

Well i did and we could and should have won both games. Fair enough, we just aren't doing it in the final third, yet, but don't think for a minute DC won't address this before too long.

Some of the football in the first half last night was the best i have seen in a long time. We will build the side around FF and Bannan looks future captain material.

It was brill to keep a clean sheet last night and when Westwood is fully fit again, expect us to be a tight, creative AND efficient team.

Just a little patience is needed, that's all.

Bolton had the 3 best chances of the game and should have won.

Pearson will not come as stated by himself

Big Sam will not come as he will be back in the premier league within 6 months and was on 60k a week at whu

So you either go with someone who is British and will work in the structure DC is building and WILL stick with or you go with a foreign coach who is use to the system employed all over Europe and can begin to implement it, he might not be here at the start of next season but the committee and infrastructure will be

I'll try my point again, a manager with a track record of building team should be given time.

A manager with a long cv like cc shouldn't imo.

Ps of course Pearson would come, if the offer was right.

I'll try my point again, a manager with a track record of building team should be given time.

A manager with a long cv like cc shouldn't imo.

Ps of course Pearson would come, if the offer was right.

And I'll try and make my point again DC is looking to build a club not a team he is changing every aspect of Sheffield Wednesday to the point that the club will be unrecognisable to us from the Mcgee,Richarsd,Allan,Hulley,Strafford, days

I know people cant get their heads round this bit but there is no manager of Sheffield Wednesday 

There is however a head coach who will work with what the club provides him ie the players who the owner,committee and new scouting network sign

Now I've got no doubt the head coach can offer his opinion or names of players up but it is a collective decision

And therefore Pearson will not come

And I'll try and make my point again DC is looking to build a club not a team he is changing every aspect of Sheffield Wednesday to the point that the club will be unrecognisable to us from the Mcgee,Richarsd,Allan,Hulley,Strafford, days

I know people cant get their heads round this bit but there is no manager of Sheffield Wednesday 

There is however a head coach who will work with what the club provides him ie the players who the owner,committee and new scouting network sign

Now I've got no doubt the head coach can offer his opinion or names of players up but it is a collective decision

And therefore Pearson will not come

dc will change the structure if he's persuaded that an alternative winning formulae is out there.

The ? is who advising dc, cause they done a terrible job, to date.