£17 to take baby to Owls game ?

Sensationalizing and dragging out the 'tickets fiasco' story.

However it does show up the ticket situation as a bit of a mess, stating its £17 for children, then letting the child in free.

Under 5's should be free IMHO

Course they should.

And maybe this is something people need to talk to the club about.

I'd say under 5s free if you take them on the Grandstand with a full paying adult or something....

I understand the eagerness in taking your young one to Hillsborough for the first time, but there should be an age limit for the comfort of other supporters and the comfort of the child. 

I would say children should be admitted at 3+ , and that's being generous. 

So you think it's 'doing right' taking a 7 month old to a game?

Whether it should be free up to a certain age is neither here nor there. I'm sure the club would have accommodated the parents and their baby if they actually asked to instead of looking at the ticket prices as face value. When doing the ticket categories I'm sure the question of 'what about babies who can barely sit up...let alone anything else' didn't come up.

It's not like when the players bring their babies and the mother of the baby sits in a corporate box and can take the baby inside if it's too cold/too loud or the baby is fussing.

Once inside you're pretty much stuck unless you leave entirely.

I don't think having to ring the club up to see if they will let you off 17 quid is ideal really. Not difficult to put *under whatever age go free* is it.

I don't think having to ring the club up to see if they will let you off 17 quid is ideal really. Not difficult to put *under whatever age go free* is it.

I wouldn't be asking straight up 'can you let me off £17'. I'd ask if they had a policy on bringing babies into the ground & whether they required a ticket, highlighting the fact they wouldn't need a seat.

If they said no it's £17 for any child entering the ground THEN I'd complain that it's bang out of order and flounce off to The Star.

The point is that I'm sure babies are allowed in for free and it's a pointless complaint.

I've already said that all children under 5 should be allowed into the Grandstand for free. Family area, sterile, other fans know what they're walking into up there and you won't upset the people on The Kop/North who want to stand/sing.

Went to York away and a mother had two young sons with her, blokes near her were swearing and the mother asked them to stop because of her children. Nothing more awkward.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Read a story a while back about a Torquay fan who's wife gave birth to their child on the Saturday when they played their last game in the Football Legaue. He took the baby to the match when it was a few hours old so they could see Torquay playing league football. :biggrin:

Sensationalising Star in none story making attention seeking Owls fans appear fools.

If they were serious they would have got baby Nicky a £50 season Ticket.

Message to Star and Johnson press. You maybe slowly dying but you just keep on twitching ! 

I bought my granddaughter a season ticket (she is aged 7 and has had one since she was 4) , she probably goes to 2 or  3 games a season - so between £17 and £25 per match , just see it as part of supporting the club

And I haven't reported it to the Star

What's the point in taking a 7 month old baby to a game, seriously??

The child is too young to know what's going on, at the age they have very short attention spans, there's every chance they may get upset by the loud singing and could then spend the entire match crying which (although it sounds harsh) would ruin it for the people sat in front of you.

Too true southern Blue...We all have thought long and hard about what age to introduce our children. My conclusion with 4 kids was the first home game of the first season following their 6th Birthday. Having said this most of my grandchildren have attended as 4 or 5 year olds. The Girls are fond of doing teenage things now in their teens, one of the younger girls have been and of the two boys One at 6 is now a season ticket holder and the youngest boy is set to become a season ticket holder next year as a 4 year old. 

Not sure who or what its hurting, taking a baby to a game.

We're all Wednesday, but only until you're three years old

It's hurting everyone;

.the baby if he/she gets scared by sudden loud noises

.the parents when they realise taking a wriggling screaming baby to a football match isn't as cute as they first thought it would

.the parents when they miss a goal due to having to change a nappy/clean up some sick/do a feed.

.the parents when they have to leave early cos juniors not having it at all

.surrounding fans due to all of the above

Remember. This is a 7 month old we're talking about.

It's just not a logical thing to do. I have a 7 month old nephew and he seems obsessed with football...glued to the telly when it's on.

Doesn't mean I'm taking him to Hillsborough anytime soon. Got way more sense than that.