Reading

Brighton & Hove Albion

Birmingham City

MK Dons

------------------------------

Charlton

Bolton Wanderers

Rotherham United

Always a hard task given that so much will change over the next few weeks, will imagine it will look something like.

1-Derby

2-Middlesbrough 

3rd-6th

Hull

Barnsley

Wolves

QPR

7th-10th

Wednesday

Fulham

Ipswich

Brentford

11th-14th

Reading

Nottingham

Brighton

Leeds

*mid table mayhem every team swapping positions every week*

22nd-24th

MK Dons

Huddersfield

Preston

So much can happen, but teams like MK Dons and Blackburn that have lost such key players compared to last season are really going to struggle. MK have lost Grigg,Baker,Ali,Afobe and have replaced them with considerably less quality, Blackburn like wise losing Gestede,King,Cariney and perhaps Rhodes. Won't be easy for them depends how they adjust, but could really suffer.

Teams like Birmingham, Charlton,Cardiff and Reading very similar too, don't really have much money but very average squads likely to hover around mid table all season.

Then you have the teams with next to no money that will be relying on their mangers to pull their already weak squads through the season and depend on 1 or 2 key players, Rotherham,Bolton,Huddersfield and Preston. 

I think the top 6 almost picks itself, obviously Derby and Midds have spent plenty of money so have strong teams, although Midds might struggle without a 15+ striker. Other than that the relegated pre teams have strong squads so should't drop off too far, all depends on if their better players can perform. QPR's side looks pretty risky and Wolves in 6th are only there because Afobe/Dicko and now ALF are 40+ goals guaranteed, and they always seem to do well as the season goes on.

Plenty of teams that could make a challenge for top 6, Brentford like us have a decent team and had some money invested, so have Fulham, Ipswich, Wolves,Leeds all will have decent spells throughout the season.

Surprise package? Brighton

Narrowly avoid relegation? Rotherham (sadly)

Rock bottom? MK Dons

Best football? Hull

Biggest flop? Blackburn & Cardiff

I respectfully disagree. 

This is interesting reading: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/CHAMPIONSHIP-PREDICTIONS-Media-pundits-make/story-27549967-detail/story.html

Most on there are predicting one of the relegated sides along with a couple out of the likes of Wolves, Derby or Middlesboro to go up.

The Ipswich Town journalist seems very biased and daft to think that they'll go up this season. lol

I can see Ipswich struggling this season.

My dark-horse tips this year are Bristol City, Brighton, Reading and us.

Fulham should improve a lot from last season.

The likes of Burnley; Wolves, Derby, Middlesboro, Hull, Fulham, Brentford, QPR and Reading seem strong to me.

I'd like to see us break into the top half, realistically with a proven striker or two we could break into the top half and get nearer to the top 6

but I'm expecting a topsy-turvy season with a slow start and for us to finish somewhere around the same position as last season

but probably just one or a couple positions higher but with more goals and more excitement during the season.

1. Wolves

2. Burnley

3. Middlesboro

4. Hull (Play-off runners-up)

5. Derby County

6. Fulham Town (To win the Play-off's)

7. Reading

8. Brentford

9. QPR

10. Brighton

11. Us *

12. Bristol City

13. Charlton Athletic

14. Leeds United

15. Preston North End

16. Nott'm Forest

17. Cardiff City

18. Birmingham City

19. Ipswich Town

20. Huddersfield Town

21. MK Dons

22. Bolton Wanderers

23. Blackburn Rovers

24. Rotherham United

* (p.s. if we bring in a quality striker or two soon, then I predict we'll sneak into the top ten between 8th and 10th).

This is interesting reading: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/CHAMPIONSHIP-PREDICTIONS-Media-pundits-make/story-27549967-detail/story.html

Most on there are predicting one of the relegated sides along with a couple out of the likes of Wolves, Derby or Middlesboro to go up.

Phil Hay from the Yorkshire Post has Wednesday, Rotherham and Huddersfield to go down.

I wonder who he supports?

Phil Hay from the Yorkshire Post has Wednesday, Rotherham and Huddersfield to go down.

I wonder who he supports?

Aye, not hard to guess that.  :ph34r:

We're in a similar boat to Leeds in a way this season.

New head coach, backroom and coaching staff changes, plenty of signings, etc

We both finished mid-table last season, and the same looks likely again this season, I reckon.

Rotherham and Huddersfield look likely to struggle again to be fair although I personally think Huddersfield will be just about too strong again to go down.

Going to have (sort of) a go at this before season starts. Probably have a completely different opinion after end of transfer window.

1. Derby

2. Hull

3. Boro

4. Fulham

5. Wolves

One playoff spot up for grabs between Us, Forest, Brentford, Charlton, Burnley, Leeds, QPR and Ipswich.

20. Cardiff

21. Preston

22. Huddersfield

23. Bolton

24. Mk Dons

1. Middlesbrough

2. Derby

---------------------------

3. Leeds United

4. Burnley

5. Hull

6. Sheffield Wednesday

--------------------------

7. QPR

8. Ipswich

9. Fulham

10. Wolves

11. Reading

12. Forest

---------------------------

13. Charlton Athletic

14. Bristol City

15. Brighton HA

16. Brentford

17. Blackburn Rovers

18. Cardiff City

19. Huddersfield Town

20. Preston North End

21. Rotherham

--------------------------

22. MK Dons

23. Bolton Wanderers

24. Birmingham

Leeds third and Birmingham bottom!

Oh dear.

No top striker = bottom half. One top striker = mid table. Two top strikers = top six. It's all about goals, and a club needs to score about 90 of them in a season to go up.

That is a very simplified conclusion, we have (potentially) goals all over the team now, getting a 'top striker' may guarantee goals for that player, but it doesn't guarantee success for the team, as the style of play could change to suit that player and sacrifice the goalscoring of some of our other players. With the players we currently have we could finish just about anywhere from lower middle to top places in the table and having two 'top strikers' would not guarantee anything.

Very surprised to see most posters ignoring Reading for a top finish. I reckon, on current showing, they are certs for at least a play off place

Middlesbrough

Reading

Derby

Burnley

QPR

Hull

8th Wednesday

Preston

Bolton Wanderers

MK Dons

So you think Brighton will fade then?

Milan's Missing Marbles with some interesting observations (made before season starts).

We really should get a top 10 from here.

Been surprised by Reading and Brighton.

Brighton though :manager:

Edit - we may well get top 10 but, that top 10 is looking pretty formidable. Going to be difficult to make top 6 for anybody and expect it will be somewhat congested come end of season.

Edited by themaskedowl

1 Derby

2 Burnley

3 Middlesbrough

4 Hull

5 Sheffield Wednesday

6 Fulham

7 Wolves

8 Ipswich

9 Brentford

10 Leeds

11 Birmingham

12 Nottingham Forest

13 Brighton

14 Bristol City

15 QPR

16 Bolton

17 Charlton

18 Blackburn

19 Cardiff

20 Rotherham

21 Reading

22 Huddersfield

23 Preston

24 MK Dons

Fulham to win play-offs.

Looking alright if I might say so m myself! Other than Reading in 21st.

Guest wilyfox

I predicted Derby, Hull and Boro. Was way off with my dark-horse tip for Charlton though. They've dropped like a stone after a decent start.