How can Owls fans protest against the ticket price hike?

Guest alexshadowplay

To put Wednesday's price for the Bristol match into perspective, this is what some other teams will be charging for their first home match of the season. Derby £26-£35, Forest £25-£30, Reading £28-£33, Middlesbrough £26-£33. Even the best seats at Derby are cheaper than the worst seats at Wednesday.

Also Season tickets if bought now are Forest £449-£633, Middlesbrough £461-£577, Reading £395-£445, compared to Wednesday's £590-£760

^^This^^ I think it is a step too far. Lets just get rid of the category system and even out the cost of each game..

Do you think they know that if they whack the prices up we will, in likelyhood, get much lower crowds

I think they are trying something different to try and increase revenue.

I think they are speculating that they will sell more season tickets and memberships, and the fans that only turn up to a couple of games a season will still come to a couple, either paying more or choosing the lower categories.

I think they've given themselves room to adjust depending what happens by having such a huge range of categories.

I think they are trying something different to try and increase revenue.

I think they are speculating that they will sell more season tickets and memberships, and the fans that only turn up to a couple of games a season will still come to a couple, either paying more or choosing the lower categories.

I think they've given themselves room to adjust depending what happens by having such a huge range of categories.

I know what they have done 

I also know that, IMO, they have massively underestimated how devisive that it has already become 

And if performances are average and Crowds drop like a stone ........... what then for FFP ?

I don't think i've seen anyone arguing that prices should have been frozen but the increases throughout the varying categories STs and POTD are well beyond fair IMO

Yes I agree but no one fan, employee, etc has an answer to plan B.

We want better players, better wages.

We want our best tied to better deals, longer contracts.

Where does the money come from.

WHO knows if next/this season we will be average, we may be astounding. Then we will get bigger gates, better sponsorship, investment etc

Fact is we do not know or we would all be lottery millionaires.

Lets see hoe it unfolds before we throw Teddy out of the Cot

Pure fact now tho. And a casing point.

As you know the European under 21's was held here recently in the Czech Republic. (ps how do I upload a picture to prove I was there. )

The tickets were priced for all groups ( Until the final in Praha) at 50 kc or in English pounds, One pound fifty. The beer was 45 pence. I sat between Swedish and Portugese fans and the atmosphere was phenominal.

Cheap entry equalled full ground and yes I was lucky the area chosen for matches was local ( Praha Not) 

IT WORKED. but the losses were covered by UEFA.

So if we reduce prices for the Championship leagues 1 2 3 etc in England, will the FA cover losses.                             NO, because where do there undisputed high wages come from. 

That is where the problem lays not with clubs but the greedy self opinionated FA,

What they give in return rymes with FA

F00k All

The stats show most people come when we are playing the pigs, for survival, or for promotion.

We also get slightly bigger crowds when we are winning.

The club know this.

2000 less fans paying more or 2000 more paying the same generates roughly the same income. Which is preferable?

Another ticket thread.

Same posters trotting out the "pay it or flip off" lines. With naff all arguments around why it's acceptable, "it just is".

Investment in the team is marginally up from the mandaric days, prices are up significantly.

Meanwhile, potentially significant numbers of fans are unlikely to attend Hillsborough as often as they would do, if at all. Going off what's been said here, on the radio and other media outlets.

But apparently, that doesn't matter.

Groundhog day, everyday.

Post of the thread.

The biggest gripe for some is that we have so many ticket threads, yet the same bunch always pop up to defend them.

It's getting boring..

I know what they have done 

I also know that, IMO, they have massively underestimated how divisive that it has already become 

Agree   - Reality is dawning right now at the Thai end of S6.

They know they have messed up by alienating previously loyal commercial partners with ridiculous hikes in boxes / advertising and pricing casuals out of a walk up.  I think we all expected a pro rata inflation increase and that would have been acceptable to most.

This desire to get to the premiership in 2 years is great but personally if it means some fans are excluded I'd prefer gradual progression -  this whole expensive gamble of foreign coach + foreign players without championship experience is exciting but not the way I'd have done it, but his money his choice 

Guest alexshadowplay

Oh Alex. Jumping on the national news bandwagon with your take as a wednesday fan is one thing, but why not at least add a bit of balance.

No mention of the fact that some games will have starting prices as low as £20 - but you do mention the possibility of a £52 ticket price.

Nothing about our ticket prices for the Reading game being £9 cheaper.

No mention that for the Bristol C game, our other POTG categories (senior citizens, U21s, students, armed forces) are less than what the hypocrits will charge away team fans. Even the adult price is going to be £34.

Sadly it's just more lazy journalism when you had a chance to add something else to the story.

But do think it makes more sense to address the issue that's affecting most fans. You're right to point out the cuts in some games/categories but that will only be relevant to certain people - not the many. Think it's important to make as much noise about this now as possible, or be unable to afford to see those blue and white wizards regularly with kids in the future.

Agree   - Reality is dawning right now at the Thai end of S6.

They know they have messed up by alienating previously loyal commercial partners with ridiculous hikes in boxes / advertising and pricing casuals out of a walk up.  I think we all expected a pro rata inflation increase and that would have been acceptable to most.

This desire to get to the premiership in 2 years is great but personally if it means some fans are excluded I'd prefer gradual progression -  this whole expensive gamble of foreign coach + foreign players without championship experience is exciting but not the way I'd have done it, but his money his choice 

MM gave gradual progression.

We are still in the Championship.

If you want a BMW dont expect to get the same finance details as a Skoda Fabia

Edited by Zlin Owl

OK bottom line.

How do we increase revenue, without breaching FFP.

Answers on a post card to Mr Chansiri, because no one at SWFC has a clue on bussiness, OR has anyone thought that all aspects have been visited and this is a concensous of all.

WE are all experts but non of us bought the instant money making machine that is SWFC

Because for a pound or 40 thousand pounds, or 40 million we as owners would not want a profit, or a way to make a profit.

ježíši Maria

GET A LIFE

Guest mkowl

Well as of end of last week only about 1000 home tickets had been sold over and above season tickets

With the Brizzle fans, in total about 15000 in the ground at the moment

2 weeks to go but it looks like there will be a stay at home protest

We all have a value we put on things. I wouldn't pay £80 a match to watch Wednesday every week even if we had Messi in the team. I can't justify that outlay for football. Many people feel that about £39 upwards for a match against Bristol City and regardless of other categories of matches that has alienated a lot of fans. They want to come to the opening game but now they either won't or they'll stump up the cash through gritted teeth.

Football clubs rely on blind faith and loyalty far more than other businesses but it's a two way street and the perception is - as one supporter of the rises said on here - is they are using the opening game as an opportunity to milk the fans. It's been a PR calamity and the Phase 3 season ticket prices have compounded it.

Edited by rickygoo

MM gave gradual progression.

We are still in the Championship.

If you want a BMW dont expect to get the same finance details as a Skoda Fabia

he did indeed with minimal tick over investment on the pitch,  DC seems to have the cash to continue that improvement and increase it,  but he's doing it with a gamble all change policy - fair enough but as i said if it's at the cost of deterring support  i wouldn't have done that.  

I have always promoted the younger fans getting involved as the season ticket buyers of the future, it may be that the non season ticket dads/mums can't afford to bring them . Of course the premiership doesn't necessarily rely on crowd income as much but if we don't get the pot of gold quickly  the loss of future fans will come back and bite whoever owns us 10 years hence

OK bottom line.

How do we increase revenue, without breaching FFP.

Answers on a post card to Mr Chansiri, because no one at SWFC has a clue on bussiness, OR has anyone thought that all aspects have been visited and this is a concensous of all.

WE are all experts but non of us bought the instant money making machine that is SWFC

Because for a pound or 40 thousand pounds, or 40 million we as owners would not want a profit, or a way to make a profit.

ježíši Maria

GET A LIFE

I genuinely believe/ know they haven't a clue and have misjudged the sheffield commercial  and non season ticket support 

What I don't understand is the 'all or nothing' ultimatum.

Surely it's not a question of the prices being raised such that any fan is not going to spend the money they spent going to matches last season, or what they can afford to spend on the club they love?

Why does it have to be nothing? Why not support the club and Mr. Chansiri's improvements by merely spending on the club what you can?

Guest totemowl

Whys that then ?

In essence that's what the poster is saying only come to cheap games which by definition will probably be the "percieved" rubbish teams

No he's not. But that's what you trying to imply.

You also came out with the quote.

They are the reasons you should be ashamed of yourself.

Were you happy with what you got for your money at Hillsborough last season?

No but considering the prices were cheap compared with other clubs i got what i paid for.

Are you saying we have ambition?

New pitch and proper scoreboard is just playing catchup with our peers.  We still have outside toilets on the Kop.     How have we gone on so far against the mighty Alfreton, Ilkestone, York and Braga?   If we get turned over by Bris City, there will be meltdown on here.

Hasnt Mr Chansiri already said we are going for the premier league? Thats ambition isnt it? We have actually bought players and installed a pitch last seasons squad would have dreamed of. Unlike others on here who seem to think a pre season is a cup final every game i dont. From top to bottom everything is new and takes time to sort out and bed in. CC is getting used to what players we have and where they will fit into his system. Winning these games easy is papering over the cracks. They are training games simple as.

For me all the Negative nobs can do one because they have partly held the club back over the years. Moaning when we dont buy decent players then when someone comes in and buys players and increases the ticket prices to suit our new wage structure to fit in with FFP they still moan.

Its a new era fresh start and hopefully a start of something special. People have moaned they cant afford it but come April if we are top of the league they will find the cash to be there. Its always the case

What I don't understand is the 'all or nothing' ultimatum.

Surely it's not a question of the prices being raised such that any fan is not going to spend the money they spent going to matches last season, or what they can afford to spend on the club they love?

Why does it have to be nothing? Why not support the club and Mr. Chansiri's improvements by merely spending on the club what you can?

IMO the success the pricing strategy is down to results on the pitch people will go to watch a winning team perhaps not as frequently because as any family on a budget will tell you Daz there is a tipping point on perceived  'just too much' cost