How can Owls fans protest against the ticket price hike?

Guest alexshadowplay

The fact is, success will dictate if the prices are too high or not.

The club HAS to increase revenue. The main way they can do that is by ticket revenue. If the football on the pitch is entertaining, and we're winning games, the attendances will hold (maybe increase) and the decision re. The ticket prices will be justified.

But it is very much dependant on the football. If we start slow, then there'll be real problems with attendances & ultimately revenue.

Chansiri will know this, hence why he'll do everything he can do to get the players into the club, the maximise the chances of achieving the success the attendances will need.

No they wont 

The price being asked is totally unjustifiable no matter what 

Part of me would love DC to come out and say right have it your way no more investment in the team and it's mid table football with Nuhui and May for the new season

They you will see a proper meltdown

We crave investment, I'm afraid that means it has to be paid for in some small measure by the paying public simple as that.

You paid what you paid last season and that's what you got for your money. Boring absolute tripe for 23 games.

We haven't had a Man City type takeover I wished some people could actually see this

But it wasn't boring absolute tripe for 23 games was it 

Derby, Forest and Boro were as good as ive seen Wednesday play at home for years and there were other not bad performances and yes quite a bit of that absolute tripe you spoke of, but that's the nature of Football and i for one fully expect some boring tripe this coming season.

Guest totemowl

Oh Alex. Jumping on the national news bandwagon with your take as a wednesday fan is one thing, but why not at least add a bit of balance.

No mention of the fact that some games will have starting prices as low as £20 - but you do mention the possibility of a £52 ticket price.

Nothing about our ticket prices for the Reading game being £9 cheaper.

No mention that for the Bristol C game, our other POTG categories (senior citizens, U21s, students, armed forces) are less than what the hypocrits will charge away team fans. Even the adult price is going to be £34.

Sadly it's just more lazy journalism when you had a chance to add something else to the story.

Part of me would love DC to come out and say right have it your way no more investment in the team and it's mid table football with Nuhui and May for the new season

They you will see a proper meltdown

We crave investment, I'm afraid that means it has to be paid for in some small measure by the paying public simple as that.

You paid what you paid last season and that's what you got for your money. Boring absolute tripe for 23 games.

We haven't had a Man City type takeover I wished some people could actually see this

small increase? Are you a bit simple?

Then clearly you just won't go and nor will others with the same attitude.

I don't blame people but it's happening no matter what so either get on board with it or move on without SWFC on your social calendar

Harsh but that's the reality

I'd rather have the choice of watching 15 home games next season and having some entertainment than being able to watch all 23 and sit through 2014/15 all over again

But i will go because i bought my season ticket the 2nd day of sale but unlike you i can divorce my own feelings to think of fellow fans who for whatever reason couldn't get an ST and will be fleeced by these ridiculous prices 

small increase? Are you a bit simple?

Our increase in prices is a drop in the ocean to what Chansiri will be forking out to fund our revival.

He's not some city multi-billionaire oil man. He has money but needs funds from elsewhere.

Like any business, to succeed it needs financial backing from the public.

And Sheffield Wednesday is a business at the end of the day.

But it wasn't boring absolute tripe for 23 games was it 

Derby, Forest and Boro were as good as ive seen Wednesday play at home for years and there were other not bad performances and yes quite a bit of that absolute tripe you spoke of, but that's the nature of Football and i for one fully expect some boring tripe this coming season.

You can't have been to many games.

We played well against Derby and Boro, but the best we've played for years is really pushing it. Not even close.

Forest was average. And we lost.

Guest Ferkorf

The fact is, success will dictate if the prices are too high or not.

The club HAS to increase revenue. The main way they can do that is by ticket revenue. If the football on the pitch is entertaining, and we're winning games, the attendances will hold (maybe increase) and the decision re. The ticket prices will be justified.

But it is very much dependant on the football. If we start slow, then there'll be real problems with attendances & ultimately revenue.

Chansiri will know this, hence why he'll do everything he can do to get the players into the club, the maximise the chances of achieving the success the attendances will need.

I agree with this to a certain degree.

But the opening game of the season is being used to milk fans.

My ticket is up from £30 last season to £42

Thats £12 more...

Thats a ridiculous amount.

Its a big kick in the nuts to fans who potg.

You can't have been to many games.

We played well against Derby and Boro, but the best we've played for years is really pushing it. Not even close.

Forest was average. And we lost.

At home ?

We were terrific against Forest and were robbed and that's from a Forest fan not me .

And is it only a good game if we win ? 

If we have lost but played really well does the Result mean it was "boring absolute tripe"

See that must be where i'm going wrong because if i've seen a good game of football i go home happy, happier if we have won obviously 

At the end of the day, it's simple. You can protest using the mechanisms of the free market.

If the price is more than you feel is reasonable, don't pay it. When Chansiri realises the club is making less money than it would if prices are lower, he will have no choice but to lower the prices.

Supply and demand, innit...

After Chansiri's decision to make the fans foot the bill for some of the transfers, what can the fans do to protest against the unreasonable hike? Also, will other clubs hit back?

Here's a look at the situation, opinions v welcome. 

https://www.the-owlstalk.com/football/why-opposition-clubs-hiking-their-ticket-prices-in-revenge-against-sheffield-wednesday-may-be-the-only-solution

v3-miliband-selwynv2.jpg

post-14365-0-18866200-1437916257.jpg

The answer to the OP question is as many people have said several times before, is to simply not go to the game(s). If the attendances are consistently lower than budgeted for, the club will surely be forced to re-evaluate the plan.  But as also said several times before, the £39 often quoted is one, last gasp, leave it to the last minute price you will be asked (not forced) to pay if you cannot or will not sort out a pay in advance method.

Compare SWFC ticket prices to Motor point Arena:

Nickel back £42, Florence & the machine. £39.70, Disney on ice (top price) £45.10, Def Leopard & White snake £49.50, One Direction £43.00 - £71.00.

Are our ticket prices really that expensive when considering the above....

It was always careful what you wish for?

If you want Premiership football you will pay Premiership prices.

If you think this is expensive wait until we get there, you lot are seroiusly deluded if you thought this was going to come cheap.

It's happening simple as that all the crying and moaning in the world won't change it. Either get used to it or move on you don't have any choice

Could I just ask how you think a team that is in major need of investment can be funded by a business that at last seasons rates were losing 5m a year?

Just expect DC to fund the lot do you? He ain't the Abu Dhabi royal family

No but its a 2 way street and a moderate increase was expected but there is nothing moderate about the prices and there is something absolutely scandalous about £39 for the Bristol match

Plus when are we gonna see this investment other than on infrastructure ? 

I keep hearing we're in for players at this many millions and that many millions yet the only signings we have made add up to what £2-3 m taking into account all the offloaded players im willing to bet the playing budget doesn't have that large a deficit of last season .

The Pitch and the Telly i hear you screeching well the pitch wasn't a secret was it it was there to be seen when he bought the club .

If we reach glory will tickets be halved in price due to the £150 m he'll be picking up and the increase in value of his investment ?

I'm gonna guess no on that and in reality nor should they be he's took a punt on an investment and good luck to him but don't expect me to pat him on the back for dipping his hand deep into my pockets to help him achieve it

At home ?

We were terrific against Forest and were robbed and that's from a Forest fan not me .

And is it only a good game if we win ? 

If we have lost but played really well does the Result mean it was "boring absolute tripe"

See that must be where i'm going wrong because if i've seen a good game of football i go home happy, happier if we have won obviously 

No because I've walked away from draws and defeats and felt happy with the performance and robbed. Man City I came away feeling happy, for example. We played well and deserved a draw. Bournemouth away I felt we battered them for periods and deserved the draw but could have easily won. We don't have to win for it to be a good performance. Equally I've seen us win games and I've come away feeling a bit crap. 

We were fine against Forest but I don't think it was one of our best home performances in years, that's all I'm saying. Apart from the final 10 minutes where we should have taken the points on chances alone it was a fairly average game.

I missed Rotherham, Bournemouth and Brentford at home last year due to being on holiday/being ill. Out of all the games I did see at home I only really came away from Derby and Boro feeling happy. Norwich as well actually, felt as though that was a hard earned point. And Notts County in the cup. The rest were either completely average or down right diabolical. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

It was always careful what you wish for?

If you want Premiership football you will pay Premiership prices.

If you think this is expensive wait until we get there, you lot are seroiusly deluded if you thought this was going to come cheap.

I'm afraid that as fans, we have led quite a privileged and sheltered life when it comes to admission prices

Although it could be argued the product on display justified the prices