How can Owls fans protest against the ticket price hike?

Guest alexshadowplay

Absolute crackers. Jeez I wonder what you thought to drubbing Leeds 6-0 if these games were absolute crackers

If you watch the Derby match in particular you will if you have a brain see that Wednesdays performance that day was probably better than the Leeds game the difference being that Derby played very very well too hence making it a great game to watch

We are not in the Premier league so we don't get a sackful of money from TV ect.

So we have three options to fund transfers

We borrow the money as in previous years, and risk going back to the old days

DC funds everything out of his own pocket like some demented Billionaire with an aversion to money. Why should he if option three ends up being a no no?

Option three ticket prices rise to fund a push for the premier league, whenceforth we get the sackful of money and prices stabilize at current rates

I agree with this to a certain degree.

But the opening game of the season is being used to milk fans.

My ticket is up from £30 last season to £42

Thats £12 more...

Thats a ridiculous amount.

Its a big kick in the nuts to fans who potg.

Tbf tho its about 4 pints less. We may actually get to enjoy match day without some drunken moron shouting abuse at every miss placed pass (that's not a personal dig btw, just general) 😊

Oh Alex. Jumping on the national news bandwagon with your take as a wednesday fan is one thing, but why not at least add a bit of balance.

No mention of the fact that some games will have starting prices as low as £20 - but you do mention the possibility of a £52 ticket price.

Nothing about our ticket prices for the Reading game being £9 cheaper.

No mention that for the Bristol C game, our other POTG categories (senior citizens, U21s, students, armed forces) are less than what the hypocrits will charge away team fans. Even the adult price is going to be £34.

Sadly it's just more lazy journalism when you had a chance to add something else to the story.

I think Chansiri's played a blinder with these ticket prices. £30 for Reading on a Tuesday night is way overpriced, it's probably the least attractive game of the season, yet because the Bristol game's so dear everyone seems to think it's cheap. Leeds was £28 on Kop last season. Now our crappest games dearer than last seasons best.

No because I've walked away from draws and defeats and felt happy with the performance and robbed. Man City I came away feeling happy, for example. We played well and deserved a draw. Bournemouth away I felt we battered them for periods and deserved the draw but could have easily won. We don't have to win for it to be a good performance. Equally I've seen us win games and I've come away feeling a bit crap. 

We were fine against Forest but I don't think it was one of our best home performances in years, that's all I'm saying.

I missed Rotherham, Bournemouth and Brentford at home last year due to being on holiday/being ill. Out of all the games I did see at home I only really came away from Derby and Boro feeling happy. Norwich as well actually, felt as though that was a hard earned point. And Notts County in the cup. The rest were either completely average or down right diabolical. 

But thats the point in what was a relatively poor season at home it wasn't 23 games of "boring tripe" (i'd forgotten Brentford we played well that night too and Ipswich if memory serves ) 

You can argue about how good the performances were compared to whatever but that's opinion and we have to agree to differ 

It's happening simple as that all the crying and moaning in the world won't change it. Either get used to it or move on you don't have any choice

Could I just ask how you think a team that is in major need of investment can be funded by a business that at last seasons rates were losing 5m a year?

Just expect DC to fund the lot do you? He ain't the Abu Dhabi royal family

Obviously you feel the increase in price is justified - others don't

Some have been priced out and feel cheated - thats understandable after doling out funds for the miserable last couple of decades - with all too fleeting moments of euphoria and joy

So, you feel price increases are justified - what would be YOUR tipping point regarding prices?

Guest totemowl

I'm afraid that as fans, we have led quite a privileged and sheltered life when it comes to admission prices

Although it could be argued the product on display justified the prices

In reality the prices probably justified the product on display.

Now the prices have gone up, then we can justifiably expect much better.

For example 50% more goals and points at home would be about right. For us of course, not the opposition.

Who thinks bar the above that we played better against Derby at home last year than Leeds when we trounced them 6-0?

Anyone else

10 man Leeds and we were brilliant but Leeds were awful

I came out of the game v Derby almost as happy 

Absolute crackers?

No they weren't... They really weren't.

Well we'll have to agree to differ 

I thought they were great games 

But i will go because i bought my season ticket the 2nd day of sale but unlike you i can divorce my own feelings to think of fellow fans who for whatever reason couldn't get an ST and will be fleeced by these ridiculous prices

I like listening to you on the old wireless, and I like your posts on here.

I like you.

No but its a 2 way street and a moderate increase was expected but there is nothing moderate about the prices and there is something absolutely scandalous about £39 for the Bristol match

Plus when are we gonna see this investment other than on infrastructure ? 

I keep hearing we're in for players at this many millions and that many millions yet the only signings we have made add up to what £2-3 m taking into account all the offloaded players im willing to bet the playing budget doesn't have that large a deficit of last season .

The Pitch and the Telly i hear you screeching well the pitch wasn't a secret was it it was there to be seen when he bought the club .

If we reach glory will tickets be halved in price due to the £150 m he'll be picking up and the increase in value of his investment ?

I'm gonna guess no on that and in reality nor should they be he's took a punt on an investment and good luck to him but don't expect me to pat him on the back for dipping his hand deep into my pockets to help him achieve it

Can we stop with this tripe.

I said at the start of this season that is expect a 20% increase on the season before. Therefore working without membership I was paying £30 on the North last year, id expect that to be £36 on average this season.

The opening game is £42. So after 1 game (yes that's all it is one game) I'm £6 worse off than where I think I should be.

Will I pay it? Yes I will there are plenty of new things to see and I want to see it.

Would I have paid the same for Reading at home? No not a chance

DC is using all the new things and trying to maximise revenue, aiming at fans like me who will pay it. If you thinks that's you having the pee ripped out of you by DC then I respect your decision to stay away

My ST 

10% increase on Early Bird 

25% increase on that price Phase 2

14% Increase on Phase 2 for Phase 3

With inflation negligible that my friend is a total rip off

Can we stop with this tripe.

What tripe are You saying that the club won't be getting £150m a season should he take us there ?

I've never said that £150m was going straight into his sky 

but the money is indisputable or do you believe that he bought Wednesday cos his 10 year old asked him to

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Leeds was the best home performance I think I've seen in at least a decade. Derby at home last season well if that was as good I must have been at another game

So you thought we didn't play well against Derby maybe i should try your tactic of asking others if they thought we played well against a very good Derby side on the top of their game except quite a few have already said they thought we played well 

Whether it was a better PERFORMANCE not result than the Leeds game is opinion

And Leeds was one of the best home performances in years and certainly the best result along with the games i mentioned, in my opinion

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Another ticket thread.

Same posters trotting out the "pay it or flip off" lines. With naff all arguments around why it's acceptable, "it just is".

Investment in the team is marginally up from the mandaric days, prices are up significantly.

Meanwhile, potentially significant numbers of fans are unlikely to attend Hillsborough as often as they would do, if at all. Going off what's been said here, on the radio and other media outlets.

But apparently, that doesn't matter.

Groundhog day, everyday.

What tripe are You saying that the club won't be getting £150m a season should he take us there ?

I've never said that £150m was going straight into his sky 

but the money is indisputable or do you believe that he bought Wednesday cos his 10 year old asked him to

You were implying he was going to trouser it.  You know that the £150m will go to fund running costs.

As for your final comment, that just makes you look small mate.

Another ticket thread.

Same posters trotting out the "pay it or flip off" lines. With naff all arguments around why it's acceptable, "it just is".

Investment in the team is marginally up from the mandaric days, prices are up significantly.

Meanwhile, potentially significant numbers of fans are unlikely to attend Hillsborough as often as they would do, if at all. Going off what's been said here, on the radio and other media outlets.

Groundhog day, everyday.

It's not acceptable.

It's also 'not acceptable' that holiday companies have rocketed their summer holiday prices to take advantage of the new laws that you can't take your children on holiday during term time unless there's a good reason. But like everything else in life, if you can't afford it then you don't buy it.

It's pretty simple.

Another ticket thread.

Groundhog day, everyday.

Pack it up talking sense its not allowed 

You were implying he was going to trouser it.  You know that the £150m will go to fund running costs.

As for your final comment, that just makes you look small mate.

No i wasn't a point i've made over and over in other threads

May made his debut against Derby. He had about a ten yard start on a defender who burnt him for pace like he wasn't even there. I thought oh dear he's gonna struggle in this league and sadly I was right

Westwood made a couple of cracking saves from Johnny Russell who was clean through once

Bar that I remember nothing about Derby at home

Look we wont agree on that match i enjoyed you didn't get over it