How can Owls fans protest against the ticket price hike?

Guest alexshadowplay

You do get to that stage - watching Wednesday is something I have done for years, something despite the rubbish we have endured I still look forward to, that first game of the season thrill. Love it but the fact we are being perpetually fleeced to subsidise what is in effect appalingly run businesses is riling me at the moment. There is enough money floating around in football for tickets to be affordable, for players to be paid well but not obscenely well, for the youth game to be well funded, for local facilities to be upgraded. The trickle down effect that never materialised and instead it gets swallowed in wages, agents fees, PFA chairman having a great life on the back of our ticket prices and TV subscriptions. I hate the fact that our collective football addiction is being used to rob us blind and because we are scared our club will suffer we don't say owt.

I haven't worked it out but I probably have to work for the length of a football match to pay to go to the football match.

If you earn the uk average 26k a year. You are working about 4 hours to go to the opener on the north. 5 with tax.