How can Owls fans protest against the ticket price hike?

Guest alexshadowplay

Guest mkowl

Agree - Reality is dawning right now at the Thai end of S6.

They know they have messed up by alienating previously loyal commercial partners with ridiculous hikes in boxes / advertising and pricing casuals out of a walk up. I think we all expected a pro rata inflation increase and that would have been acceptable to most.

This desire to get to the premiership in 2 years is great but personally if it means some fans are excluded I'd prefer gradual progression - this whole expensive gamble of foreign coach + foreign players without championship experience is exciting but not the way I'd have done it, but his money his choice

Its a huge gamble and one i think they will assess in hindsight to have got wrong.

The average revenue per fan is too low and needs to be addressed but to inflict a huge price rise without testing the water seems naive to me. If you or i suddenly announced a price rise in our businesses then we would see a huge churn in clients. Much better to get them hooked and then moderately increase them if the product or service justifies it.

Quite simply they have presumed brand loyalty and zero competition would absorb the increases without affecting ticket sales. The way the Sheffield market works may be a lesson

No but considering the prices were cheap compared with other clubs i got what i paid for.

Hasnt Mr Chansiri already said we are going for the premier league? Thats ambition isnt it? We have actually bought players and installed a pitch last seasons squad would have dreamed of. Unlike others on here who seem to think a pre season is a cup final every game i dont. From top to bottom everything is new and takes time to sort out and bed in. CC is getting used to what players we have and where they will fit into his system. Winning these games easy is papering over the cracks. They are training games simple as.

For me all the Negative nobs can do one because they have partly held the club back over the years. Moaning when we dont buy decent players then when someone comes in and buys players and increases the ticket prices to suit our new wage structure to fit in with FFP they still moan.

Its a new era fresh start and hopefully a start of something special. People have moaned they cant afford it but come April if we are top of the league they will find the cash to be there. Its always the case

Please explain to me how these prices are a better way of increasing matchday revenues than keeping the prices the same and getting more people through the door by investing in the team?

IMO the success the pricing strategy is down to results on the pitch people will go to watch a winning team perhaps not as frequently because as any family on a budget will tell you Daz there is a tipping point on perceived  'just too much' cost 

I believe the price structure must be lodged with the football league in advance of the season. Mr. Chansiri has given himself a lot of leeway to find a fine balance between getting the fans while optimizing ticket revenues. If we used last season's price structure and we are top of the league, and based on your comment, we would be 'giving away' revenue as ticket pricing would be too cheap. This season, if we are doing well, that's how the 'product' is going to be priced and it seems quite a number, including you believe fans will pay more if we are getting results. So, it seems to me Mr. Chansiri believes we will do well and he has set a structure which will increase our revenue and many fans will pay it.

But he's also been smart. He's got a structure in place so that he can reduce prices if it's not going well even to the extent that the prices could be lower than last season.

Ultimately we can only judge if they have operated the flexible pricing structure correctly at the end of the season. I do have sympathy with people who think the opening match is overpriced, but that's taking 1 match out of 23 in isolation and I also believe the club will learn quickly from any mistakes.

But come what may, I still don't understand that if you spent 100 on going to matches last season and still have 100 to spend this season, why that suddenly has to be zero as how that helps the Club, I just don't know.

I believe the price structure must be lodged with the football league in advance of the season. Mr. Chansiri has given himself a lot of leeway to find a fine balance between getting the fans while optimizing ticket revenues. If we used last season's price structure and we are top of the league, and based on your comment, we would be 'giving away' revenue as ticket pricing would be too cheap. This season, if we are doing well, that's how the 'product' is going to be priced and it seems quite a number, including you believe fans will pay more if we are getting results. So, it seems to me Mr. Chansiri believes we will do well and he has set a structure which will increase our revenue and many fans will pay it.

But he's also been smart. He's got a structure in place so that he can reduce prices if it's not going well even to the extent that the prices could be lower than last season.

Ultimately we can only judge if they have operated the flexible pricing structure correctly at the end of the season. I do have sympathy with people who think the opening match is overpriced, but that's taking 1 match out of 23 in isolation and I also believe the club will learn quickly from any mistakes.

But come what may, I still don't understand that if you spent 100 on going to matches last season and still have 100 to spend this season, why that suddenly has to be zero as how that helps the Club, I just don't know.

Has he really got that much flexibility?

Didn't we just issue a statement saying season tickets will always be the most cost effective way of coming to games?

doesnt that mean offers will have to be limited to ensure Phase 3 ST Prices are lower than the average matchday price over the season?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Because they've pissed people off. This first game is a massive pr gaffe. I haven't worked it out - how much wriggle room do the Phase 3 season ticket prices give them re potg prices?

My biggest gripe is Owl against Owl WAWAW 

No we now decide to attack each other.

NO ONE HAS DIED ffs

ITS ABOUT OPINIONS .

DON'T LET your opinion influence anyone else.

WAWAW means cack all unless we are in it together.

just had 14 hours of Tornado and death, I am Hasici ( fireman) more important things in life, not many after football i grant you. 

First web site was Blesk ( malenovice } second was SWFC.

And last week conformation of cancer.

Who care,s not SWFC some members maybe ( On Owlstalk anyway ). Trev, Razor blade, Prem. Honoluly, point is when I go SWFC will go on.

Live the the life, enjoy as I have done. If you want simple don't ever pick SWFC

And many Blades are worth the time of day, Gillette ( Sorry rayzablade) he is cool. 

Sometimes the news you get puts life into perspectve.

God bless all Owls.

Guest mrbluesky

So the Owner pays for everything and us as supporters 1965 prices.

Yep, now wake up it's 2015.

Success equals price increase before and after.

Join or leave, your choice.

Cool story bro.

Guest mkowl

No but considering the prices were cheap compared with other clubs i got what i paid for.

Hasnt Mr Chansiri already said we are going for the premier league? Thats ambition isnt it? We have actually bought players and installed a pitch last seasons squad would have dreamed of. Unlike others on here who seem to think a pre season is a cup final every game i dont. From top to bottom everything is new and takes time to sort out and bed in. CC is getting used to what players we have and where they will fit into his system. Winning these games easy is papering over the cracks. They are training games simple as.

For me all the Negative nobs can do one because they have partly held the club back over the years. Moaning when we dont buy decent players then when someone comes in and buys players and increases the ticket prices to suit our new wage structure to fit in with FFP they still moan.

Its a new era fresh start and hopefully a start of something special. People have moaned they cant afford it but come April if we are top of the league they will find the cash to be there. Its always the case

Whilst i agree with you to an extent - if we had 23000 regular fans come what may paying an average 400 quid - then the ticket revenue would be competitive.

There is a chicken and egg scenario. I do think a lot of Wednesday fans believe there should be a top notch side but they can turn up when they want. They fail to see the link between them picking and choosing games for non financial reasons with the quality on display

However football prices are a hot topic as to whether the limit had been reached. I think Wednesday's could have been upped an amount but its the sheer scale of the increase.

I think folk have had enough paying huge sums out which in reality 80% goes to the players - where in the Championship average players can earn in a month more than the average annual salary

I have been broadly supportive of the nature of the changes - to try and get more supporters as members and the categorisation of games - but the range of prices should have been 5 at max, an announcement that there would be no offers below 20 quid and a sell as to what benefits membership could bring

Please explain to me how these prices are a better way of increasing matchday revenues than keeping the prices the same and getting more people through the door by investing in the team?

The club say they've conducted extensive research on pricing.

They clearly feel that by raising average prices by 30% that they will not lose sufficient pay on the day fans leading to absolute revenues being lower.

It is easy to pre-judge by taking 1 game in isolation; ultimately the true judge will be if our overall ticket revenues in this coming season have increased by at least 30% - if they have then the club's strategy will have proven to be solid.

Has he really got that much flexibility?

Didn't we just issue a statement saying season tickets will always be the most cost effective way of coming to games?

doesnt that mean offers will have to be limited to ensure Phase 3 ST Prices are lower than the average matchday price over the season?

Season tickets will always offer the best value, naturally.

We can only really judge how effective the pricing structure has been at the end of the season. I think the Club are clearly hoping that we can finish higher than last season and play much better football at S6 (won't be too hard that one) such that match pricing won't be so consistently low that it begins to undermine the advantage of having a season ticket.

Nobody has yet offered an explanation on how a business with operating losses of 5m invest like we have this summer and not hike the prices up quite significantly

That is off course unless we expect DC to fund this 100%

Somebody please explain this to me.

If we do well a lot more people through the door encouraged by reasonable prices would see increased revenue.It's a matter of opinion whether the price rises will have the same effect from a lower attendance. Depends on how much lower the walk up figures will be. It could very easily be counter productive and at the moment it's all a matter of opinion.

Guest mkowl

I believe Daz is right in that prices have to be set prior to the season but by setting categories you effectively by pass that issue.

Frankly every category price from C upwards is too high, doesn't matter who we are playing, where we are in the league. I wouldn't pay those for an away game - yes i could find the money if i wanted but it would be on principal. A game of football isn't worth that sum of money

The club say they've conducted extensive research on pricing.

They clearly feel that by raising average prices by 30% that they will not lose sufficient pay on the day fans leading to absolute revenues being lower.

It is easy to pre-judge by taking 1 game in isolation; ultimately the true judge will be if our overall ticket revenues in this coming season have increased by at least 30% - if they have then the club's strategy will have proven to be solid.

wawaw - and if you can't go to the big games be content with the crumbs. A fine thought from a fans' representative. Edited by rickygoo

Because they've pissed people off. This first game is a massive pr gaffe.

As I said, I welcome the club trying something new because it sure hasn't got us very far doing the same things year on year over the last 20 years.

Inevitably, there are going to be some mistakes on such a flexible pricing structure - as I said, I have sympathy with those who think the opening match is overpriced, But one match where they may have got it wrong (we'll soon see) does not tally with people who spent 100 going to games last season, not spending 100 this season just because they think the Bristol C game is too expensive.

Doesn't stop people going to cheaper games like Reading or others priced similarly or possibly cheaper.

Why penalize the club by withdrawing that 100 of revenue completely, just because it might have made a mistake on the pricing of a single match (and even then we can't say for definite it is a mistake as yet)? It's a new system and I think the new owner has earned some leeway after spending what he's spent so far on the club in one way or another.

If 9 of the first 10 home games are priced like Bristol C, and we aren't in a promotion spot, then fair enough; but we haven't even kicked off the season yet and only 2 game prices have been announced.

wawaw - and if you can't go to the big games be content with the crumbs. A fine thought from a fans' representative.

Hold on, just like you, I am entitled to a personal opinion and I always try to explain my view.

My avatar clearly states 'Personal View', so don't go hinting that the fans organization either supports or is against my view, I can tell you we've had 1 email about pricing.

My point is actually about people not coming at all and holding back the 100 they spent on the club last year and that they have available this year. Do you think that helps/supports the club?

Edited by Daz

Guest mkowl

Nobody has yet offered an explanation on how a business with operating losses of 5m invest like we have this summer and not hike the prices up quite significantly

That is off course unless we expect DC to fund this 100%

Somebody please explain this to me.

A business would not exist if it had recurring operating losses of £5m. Football as a business is screwed and The Championship more than others. The crock of fools gold at the end of the Premier League rainbow is what drives the owners and means they make stupid business decisions

I believe football will implode financially at some stage. Will Sky and BT be able to raise subscriptions enough

I agree that its not right for Chansari to fund it 100% but to ask your customer to hugely increase their funding when the price was already perceived to be near the limit isn't sensible

We have seen the music industry change - we pay less today to download an entire album by about 50% compared to a CD 20 years ago.

Football may well change

Guest mkowl

As I said, I welcome the club trying something new because it sure hasn't got us very far doing the same things year on year over the last 20 years.

Inevitably, there are going to be some mistakes on such a flexible pricing structure - as I said, I have sympathy with those who think the opening match is overpriced, But one match where they may have got it wrong (we'll soon see) does not tally with people who spent 100 going to games last season, not spending 100 this season just because they think the Bristol C game is too expensive.

Doesn't stop people going to cheaper games like Reading or others priced similarly or possibly cheaper.

Why penalize the club by withdrawing that 100 of revenue completely, just because it might have made a mistake on the pricing of a single match (and even then we can't say for definite it is a mistake as yet)? It's a new system and I think the new owner has earned some leeway after spending what he's spent so far on the club in one way or another.

If 9 of the first 10 home games are priced like Bristol C, and we aren't in a promotion spot, then fair enough; but we haven't even kicked off the season yet and only 2 game prices have been announced.

The simple answer is that it is perceived to be too expensive. The club is being penalized for that.

Would i give another leisure activity a chance if i thought the price was too high. That is the problem that first game categorization has potentially disenfranchised a pool of your customers and they may not return.