How can Owls fans protest against the ticket price hike?

Guest alexshadowplay

It's not acceptable.

It's also 'not acceptable' that holiday companies have rocketed their summer holiday prices to take advantage of the new laws that you can't take your children on holiday during term time unless there's a good reason. But like everything else in life, if you can't afford it then you don't buy it.

It's pretty simple.

A holiday and a football club are not comparable.

Telling a section of customers "if you can't afford it, don't come" after sticking your prices up 25% would be business suicide.

It's not an acceptable answer to just accept fans stopping coming. If things have got to the stage where large numbers of fans aren't going, it's a problem, and not one that should be so flippantly ignored.

Brizzle and reading are going to be huge acid tests, and if the club isn't pushing top 6, the crowds will be terrible - and difficult to win back.

Guest totemowl

No i wasn't a point i've made over and over in other threads

You said he's going to pocket £150m a season. Reread what you wrote. It's still there.

And £150m? Are you expecting us to be crowned Premiership champions.

You seem incredibly light on facts these days.

You said he's going to pocket £150m a season. Reread what you wrote. It's still there.

And £150m? Are you expecting us to be crowned Premiership champions.

You seem incredibly light on facts these days.

I said pick up and when i said him i meant his club ie Wednesday 

But of course put whatever angle you want on it it still doesn't alter the fact that his Investment will have significantly increased in value.

And the £150m figure comes from the rewards i've seen and heard reported about the new deal for the Premier League which range from £120m to about £200m a season so i picked a figure towards the lower end but just for you ill change it £100m which would still allow prices to fall do you think they will ?

Edited by Lawrie Madden

You were implying he was going to trouser it.  You know that the £150m will go to fund running costs.

As for your final comment, that just makes you look small mate.

The fact is we have hiked prices. We as in SWFC. 

Under MM we floated along, no investment because of FFP, no investment because we were going no where, no one was interested.

Now we have an Owner with ambition, drive and a clear vision.

Again FFP dictates what he can put in, but investors see us as a better bet.

So, this, Stay a mid table Championship Club - Yo Yo between league 1 and Championship - or push for Prem, what would or should we do. How can we do it without investment.

If our ambition is matched by new sponsorship, investment, advertising then IMO these price hikes will be a last resort and match day prices will be favourable. To most that is, to some unless we give them free entry, free food and a match day ball they will not be happy.

Mr Chansiri has sponsored the shirts, more money, but revenue from elsewhere is not there yet. Bristol City Boycotting woopi doo, If we get to Wembley and it's 65 quid do we boycott, NO, we go. Cost me best part of 250 quid when we went to Cardiff.

FFP is at fault, not clubs. Sensible owners work with budgets, idiots spend what they hav'nt got. If they go to the wall so be it. Self inflicted.

For now this is where we are, some see the vision, others are blinkered. We are all entitled to an opinion ( so don't chastise some for theirs ), but I for one will not let another teams set of supporters slate us when they themselves are doing the same later in the season. BCFC, need to look closer to home and then sling the mud.

We are not in the Premier league so we don't get a sackful of money from TV ect.

So we have three options to fund transfers

We borrow the money as in previous years, and risk going back to the old days

DC funds everything out of his own pocket like some demented Billionaire with an aversion to money. Why should he if option three ends up being a no no?

Option three ticket prices rise to fund a push for the premier league, whenceforth we get the sackful of money and prices stabilize at current rates

I really am struggling to see how this is going to fund a significant change in recruitment- this will not even make a dent in what we would need to spend. Here's my logic based on some very rough assumptions...

I would imagine we average around 8000 POTD punters including away fans. If we've increased the POTD ticket price by an average of £10 per head then this would equate to an extra £80k per game or roughly £2m per year over 25 home games. (League and cup)

Look at the McGugan transfer in isolation. Presumably around £400k with transfer/signing on fees etc. and in all likelihood around £15k a week in wages. That's £1.2m of that 'extra' £2m gone already.

In reality of course these price increases will probably see a decrease of maybe 2000 on our average unless we have a very good season. And at a average of maybe £20 a head that's £40k a game or £1m per year.

So we've maybe gained £1m but lost 25% of the walk up. Essentially we may have 'streamlined' a business that is currrently operating at just over 50% of its supposed capacity on matchdays- and we may have gained 2000 disgruntled ex-customers in the process.

All to gain £1m that won't even fund the signing of one player.

Lots of assumptions admittedly, but it doesn't make any sense to say the prices are to fund a promotion push IMO. That's going to have to come from somewhere else.

The flip side is if we'd added 2000 to the walk up at £20 a head by keeping the prices the same and improving the product we'd have increased matchday revenue by the same £1m a year and would have gained 2000 customers rather than lose them.

The fact is we have hiked prices. We as in SWFC. 

Under MM we floated along, no investment because of FFP, no investment because we were going no where, no one was interested.

Now we have an Owner with ambition, drive and a clear vision.

Again FFP dictates what he can put in, but investors see us as a better bet.

So, this, Stay a mid table Championship Club - Yo Yo between league 1 and Championship - or push for Prem, what would or should we do. How can we do it without investment.

If our ambition is matched by new sponsorship, investment, advertising then IMO these price hikes will be a last resort and match day prices will be favourable. To most that is, to some unless we give them free entry, free food and a match day ball they will not be happy.

Mr Chansiri has sponsored the shirts, more money, but revenue from elsewhere is not there yet. Bristol City Boycotting woopi doo, If we get to Wembley and it's 65 quid do we boycott, NO, we go. Cost me best part of 250 quid when we went to Cardiff.

FFP is at fault, not clubs. Sensible owners work with budgets, idiots spend what they hav'nt got. If they go to the wall so be it. Self inflicted.

For now this is where we are, some see the vision, others are blinkered. We are all entitled to an opinion ( so don't chastise some for theirs ), but I for one will not let another teams set of supporters slate us when they themselves are doing the same later in the season. BCFC, need to look closer to home and then sling the mud.

And if performances are average and Crowds drop like a stone ........... what then for FFP ?

I don't think i've seen anyone arguing that prices should have been frozen but the increases throughout the varying categories STs and POTD are well beyond fair IMO

Don't turn up when it's too expensive for you.

But pack the ground when it's a lower cat that you are prepared to pay for.

I've seen £30 touted as a lot of fans magic number, so expecting an almost sell out for Reading... Especially with the offer for kids and teenagers.

Show DC he can increase revenue by charging less and getting bigger attendance's.

Demonstrate that when it was £10 for the 2nd time last season and nobody extra came it was a freak.

It's not acceptable.

It's also 'not acceptable' that holiday companies have rocketed their summer holiday prices to take advantage of the new laws that you can't take your children on holiday during term time unless there's a good reason. But like everything else in life, if you can't afford it then you don't buy it.

It's pretty simple.

Totally false analogy.  There are only so many airoplane seats and so many hotel bedrooms.  Kids with families at school want to go in the school hols.   They can't all do it.   Supply and demand. 

But we have a stadium with near 40,000 seats.

If prices are cheap we may get 25,000+     With our current prices, we may only get 15,000+.

Loads of empty seats either way.     But you are right.  Our walk-up support won't buy if they can't afford it.

Don't turn up when it's too expensive for you.

But pack the ground when it's a lower cat that you are prepared to pay for.

I've seen £30 touted as a lot of fans magic number, so expecting an almost sell out for Reading... Especially with the offer for kids and teenagers.

Show DC he can increase revenue by charging less and getting bigger attendance's.

Demonstrate that when it was £10 for the 2nd time last season and nobody extra came it was a freak.

Thats a good plan why dont you send it Wednesday as a marketing scheme

"Poor People only come when we're playing rubbish teams " 

Little game. Bit like pairs. Match the two sentences to the clubs below. No prizes

Low ticket prices and no ambition

or

High ticket prices and ambition

Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield Un*ted

Were you happy with what you got for your money at Hillsborough last season?

Guest totemowl

You really need to be ashamed of yourself.

Little game. Bit like pairs. Match the two sentences to the clubs below.  No prizes

Low ticket prices and no ambition

or

High ticket prices and ambition

Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield Un*ted

Are you saying we have ambition?

New pitch and proper scoreboard is just playing catchup with our peers.  We still have outside toilets on the Kop.     How have we gone on so far against the mighty Alfreton, Ilkestone, York and Braga?   If we get turned over by Bris City, there will be meltdown on here.

Thats a good plan why dont you send it Wednesday as a marketing scheme

The stats show most people come when we are playing the pigs, for survival, or for promotion.

We also get slightly bigger crowds when we are winning.

The club know this.

The stats show most people come when we are playing the pigs, for survival, or for promotion.

We also get slightly bigger crowds when we are winning.

The club know this.

Do you think they know that if they whack the prices up we will, in likelyhood, get much lower crowds