It's July 1st let the spending spree begin

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest Darkus Owlus

Can't see it happening, the names linked so far aren't too attractive. Not sure "whatever it takes" we're the best words to use but hoping to be proved wrong.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Not a chance. We showed our intent by hiring a mediocre journeyman stop-gap head coach when there were numerous more proven head coaches/managers available.

lol go on then

a head coach with not only european experience where he finished top of his group in the europa league but also promotions and silverware in his managerial locker ?

who are these genius coaches that were available ? 

Guest Gazzaswfc

lol go on then

a head coach with not only european experience where he finished top of his group in the europa league but also promotions and silverware in his managerial locker ?

Agent clough lol

lol go on then

A sign of intent would've been to go for someone like Big Sam, Lambert or Big Nige, all proven managers that have got teams promoted from this level.

And if we wanted a up and coming name that people know in Europe then go for a Zola or Laudrup, type or even Clement that went to Derby.

There were plenty of people available that would've been more of a sign of intent than CC or Cooper to be honest. Can't see it but let's hope it works, and I hope he surprises me.

Nothing going on at the club right now seems to indicate that we're trying to spend a little as possible and fluke our way up, so I'm not sure why the "doing it on the cheap" comments have surfaced from.

From where I'm standing it looks like we've hired a coach known for playing exciting, attacking football (as well as having a direct quote from the chairman stating that this was a key requirement for the role), splashed out on a state of the art pitch to allow Carvalhal the opportunity to play said style of play and also put a team of experienced football professionals behind him who won't be working for peanuts.

The very least we can do is wait and see how we play in the first few games of the season. Failing that, how about waiting to see how much we even spend on players before complaining about doing it on the cheap, ffs.

So many so called experts on here, we have signed 2 players just employed a new head coach, we havent kicked a ball in anger, but were are doomed already.

Some folk just hate change, suppose we could have carried on like we were for the last 15 years, that seemed to be working well!

Nothing going on at the club right now seems to indicate that we're trying to spend a little as possible and fluke our way up, so I'm not sure why the "doing it on the cheap" comments have surfaced from.

From where I'm standing it looks like we've hired a coach known for playing exciting, attacking football (as well as having a direct quote from the chairman stating that this was a key requirement for the role), splashed out on a state of the art pitch to allow Carvalhal the opportunity to play said style of play and also put a team of experienced football professionals behind him who won't be working for peanuts.

The very least we can do is wait and see how we play in the first few games of the season. Failing that, how about waiting to see how much we even spend on players before complaining about doing it on the cheap, ffs.

Excellent post, it starts here....We've retained the players we wanted from last season and already recruited a couple of players with better potential than we've seen in previous season. Expect more foreign imports and a British marquee signing to come.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

A sign of intent would've been to go for someone like Big Sam, Lambert or Big Nige, all proven managers that have got teams promoted from this level.

And if we wanted a up and coming name that people know in Europe then go for a Zola or Laudrup, type or even Clement that went to Derby.

There were plenty of people available that would've been more of a sign of intent than CC or Cooper to be honest. Can't see it but let's hope it works, and I hope he surprises me.

Big Sam? Really he's on massive wages and would only manage prem imo

Lambert yes fsir enough but his boring footy at villa warned me off him

Big nige - he got sacked yesterday? What were u going to do drop all our plans that were in place to appoint him ?

Clement who's gone to Derby has never really managed so that's a massive risk

Laudeup wouldn't come to us

Zola possibly yes

So after that Zola and lambert tho only 2

Carvahal has good contacts and managed sporting and besitkas -

Give him a chance

Guest UpTheOwlsss

From where I'm standing it looks like we've hired a coach known for playing exciting, attacking football (as well as having a direct quote from the chairman stating that this was a key requirement for the role), splashed out on a state of the art pitch to allow Carvalhal the opportunity to play said style of play and also put a team of experienced football professionals behind him who won't be working for peanuts.

This even Nicko who dislikes us reckons we will spend a good couple of million

Defenders in general tend to usually be cheaper anyway

Look at lees and looovens cost us nowt and 2 class players

Agree with Big Sam

Lambert - lol

Pearson - CC deal was already done

Zola - Done nowt

Laudrup - Didn't he get sack from Swansea after spending money and do nowt since?

Clement - Hadn't we still got Gray at that point?

How the pi55ing hell can you be against CC when we haven't officially had him for a full day?

I'm actually very happy with the new coach, probably more so than the club itself, judging by the embarrassing Cooper saga. A lot of time was wasted there, but now we've got our man in place, the real work starts here. Hopefully we'll be a bit more decisive about the targets we need to bring in

No way in a million years could we afford Big Sam.

The deal was done before Nigel Pearson was available.

Lambert I am sure would have been more plausible but I bet this site would have had people whinging if we had signed him.

I doubt Laudrup would drop to our level.

Clement had already gone to Derby.

Zola would have been someone I would have liked to see come in.