Have You Ever Done Anything You Felt Guilty About At A Wednesday Match?

I was at a game with my dad as a kid,

big crowd trying to get to the turnstiles and police trying to control them on horse back.

My dads mate Trevor put his asthma inhaler up a police horses nostril and squeezed.

The horse went mad, jumped back on its legs and ran forward into the crowd knocking a couple people over and down the road

with Copper hanging on for his life.

Anyway cleared the way for us to get in, didn't really understand what had happened at the time was too young but everyone was laughing.

Don't think Trev felt guilty..

lol

I was stood with my Dad waiting for my Mum who had visited the ladies on the way out of the ground, and a very slim, some would say attractive blonde haired woman walked in after her. Twenty seconds later, a very large blonde haired woman walked out. I am ashamed to say that I said 'The buffet must have been good'.

As we sit on the cusp of a new era, now seems as good a time as any to clear the decks and have an Owls fans' amnesty of sorts.

I'm sure we've all done something that we've felt guilty about at a Wednesday match. No matter how morally reprehensible or not your misdemeanour might be, why not get it off your chest in this thread? After all, guilt is a wasted emotion.

I'll start:

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I jumped up to celebrate a David Hirst goal and chucked a full cup of orange squash all over the old man sat in front of me in the North Stand. My dad apologised profusely on my behalf and tore an absolute strip off me as the old bloke wrung out his flat cap, but I was too scared to utter a word to him myself. Sorry about that, fellow Owl.

Right, that's me unburdened. I've bottled that up for years, but I feel loads better now.

Why not join in - a bit of catharsis could be just what we need before the new season.

As we sit on the cusp of a new era, now seems as good a time as any to clear the decks and have an Owls fans' amnesty of sorts.

I'm sure we've all done something that we've felt guilty about at a Wednesday match. No matter how morally reprehensible or not your misdemeanour might be, why not get it off your chest in this thread? After all, guilt is a wasted emotion.

I'll start:

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I jumped up to celebrate a David Hirst goal and chucked a full cup of orange squash all over the old man sat in front of me in the North Stand. My dad apologised profusely on my behalf and tore an absolute strip off me as the old bloke wrung out his flat cap, but I was too scared to utter a word to him myself. Sorry about that, fellow Owl.

Right, that's me unburdened. I've bottled that up for years, but I feel loads better now.

Why not join in - a bit of catharsis could be just what we need before the new season.

Did exactly the same thing with a cup of Bovril in the 1960's...I'm told it was against Spurs but I have no idea, I can only remember the drink thing.

My wife is crazy wednesday fan too so that's a good start....

But on match days she gets chuckles from tearing up her 50/50 tickets and placing them into the hood of some unsuspecting fans coat .... lol

So if you have ever gone to put up your hood and been showered with 50/50 confetti then my wife is probably the proud trickster ...... ok ... I admit ... she got the idea off me after I told her it was a long tradition  :laugh:

Edited by S25OWL

When we scored at blackburn last year fell onto a little lad who was with his dad they then dissapeared for the rest of the first half! they re appeared after half time and we then re enacted the previous celebration when Dielna broke the net! :ph34r:

My dad took me, me brother and causins to forest game but could only get away seats. Told us not to wear colours as didn't want to attract trouble. Listened to him didn't wear shirt but Brought a massive Wednesday flag and chucked it over the forest fox mascot.

Was only about 12 so didn't get much trouble but me old man looked quite nervous after a few guys started shouting. Sorry dad

Bit off topic, but I remember being on the Kop when we played Newcastle and two of their supporters probably in their thirties picked on a Wednesdayite of about 16 and one of them him a nasty punch in the face.

a few minutes later two guys in their mid twenties who had obviously come straight from a shift at the rolling mills appeared and without saying a word, beat seven colours of poo out of the two Geordies.

A space in the crowd opened up to swallow our boys and closed again, refusing to let Percy Filth through who were in pursuit of them

He He

When was this?