Have You Ever Done Anything You Felt Guilty About At A Wednesday Match?

When we beat Villa away in the cup about 15 years ago I remember joining in with the "Gypo" and "Where's your caravan" chants aimed at Mustapha Hadji, being young and naive at the time I foolishly didn't realise how racist that was until I read about it in the papers the following day.

Sorry Mustapha.

Briefly forgot my youngest brother was mascot years ago whilst knocking pints back in the queens when I regularly turned up late for games.

Knew he would look where I was to wave at me.

Ended up sprinting with a belly full of ale and reached seat just as he led team out.

I got on my mates shoulders to make sure he saw me (people must have thought I was mental) and the relief when he saw me and waved was unreal.

Felt a right twt at the time-if me dad had found at the time he'd have brayed me!

When I was 14ish I used to try and urinate over the bog walls at the back of the Kop. Used to manage it and could hear the cry's of the people ont tuther side. I guess that's nowt to be proud of although the walls were really high!!!

When I was 14ish I used to try and urinate over the bog walls at the back of the Kop. Used to manage it and could hear the cry's of the people ont tuther side. I guess that's nowt to be proud of although the walls were really high!!!

November 1979, against Barnsley.

Travelled up by train from down Saarff. Early start, first visit to Hillsborough, first time in Sheffield - 11.30am.

Saw floodlights not that far away and jumped to conclusions.

A momentous occasion,  a boyhood dream realised, a wondrous sense of anticipation. . . shattered!! 

A catastrophic blunder.

No blue, but suddenly redness everywhere, a porcine whiff in the air. Complete humiliation, guilt, shame. 

November 1979, against Barnsley.

Travelled up by train from down Saarff. Early start, first visit to Hillsborough, first time in Sheffield - 11.30am.

Saw floodlights not that far away and jumped to conclusions.

A momentous occasion,  a boyhood dream realised, a wondrous sense of anticipation. . . shattered!! 

A catastrophic blunder.

No blue, but suddenly redness everywhere, a porcine whiff in the air. Complete humiliation, guilt, shame. 

so did both teams play at home on the same day in them days?

Plenty, but wouldn't know where to start. Once during a riot in Rotherham, I helped turn a car over and threw a bike through a window. Next day, there was a picture on the front page of The Star, of a family with a small child, who'd narrowly escaped injury, after hooligans hurled objects into the living room of their house. Felt pretty bad about that.

Guest markowls1

As we sit on the cusp of a new era, now seems as good a time as any to clear the decks and have an Owls fans' amnesty of sorts.

I'm sure we've all done something that we've felt guilty about at a Wednesday match. No matter how morally reprehensible or not your misdemeanour might be, why not get it off your chest in this thread? After all, guilt is a wasted emotion.

I'll start:

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I jumped up to celebrate a David Hirst goal and chucked a full cup of orange squash all over the old man sat in front of me in the North Stand. My dad apologised profusely on my behalf and tore an absolute strip off me as the old bloke wrung out his flat cap, but I was too scared to utter a word to him myself. Sorry about that, fellow Owl.

Right, that's me unburdened. I've bottled that up for years, but I feel loads better now.

Why not join in - a bit of catharsis could be just what we need before the new season.

i felt guilty once, at half time I put sugar on my chips after a few pints , and at £2.50 I couldn't waste them !!!!

Cardiff '05 I needed a wee wee after 6 hours of drinking but it was still early morning and none of the pubs were open, eventually I found a McD's and the relief was immense until I climbed the stairs and saw the Q! I started to wet myself a little so turned and opened a random door, it was an office of some kind, and took a long earned wee wee in the corner of the room before taking the flag from my shoulders and wrapping it round my waste to cover any spillage made down my jeans.

On way back from Norwich last season this Grimsby fan tried starting on us on the train as he was getting off at Alfreton after they'd played there that day (weird I know) only for him to be unable to get passed his wife so as the train was going past I lent out the window and slapped him on the back of the head. Don't feel guilty, though. He was a tw@.

Also at the Rotherham cup game when we lost on penalties, was exiting next to Rovrum fans, this fat ginger Rovrum lad complete with their top on, must have been around 22 was jumping about and running up and down next to me, so i accidentally "helped" him into my elbow, he went down like a sack of spuds, felt really bad after it and said sorry mate, my kids weren't impressed either :)

You're proper nawty you.