James McLean ETC

Guest Ellis Rimmer

The IRA are a disgraceful organisation. People should still have the right not to wear a poppy. McClean has that right whatever you think of him too.

As we have a right not to want him because of his IRA association so what are you going on about?

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Comments like "Go back to Ireland" are not acceptable.

McLean wants Northern Ireland to go back to Ireland and you think thats acceptable lol

Few countries have the extensive list of war crimes equal to Britain. We have a pretty shameful past.

Rubbish. The only countries that don't have a chequered and bloody past are the ones that never been in a position to project any power so haven't had the opportunity. It's just what countries do.

was a tongue in cheek joke with you Jon, nothing more, i know your a better person than what i sugg3sted mate

this is not a healthy thread, too much politics and plasticism for one little bit of the tinternet

Agreed. It's gone well off course.

Guest Manwithastick

you can just tell which knuckle dragging morons like to stand and sing nonsense like 'f**k the blades and the iRA' (clue dumbasses: the line

when I was young and HAD NO SENSE - you still don't).

What you thicko's fail to grasp, and sadly never will since all you can manage is angry reactionary vitriol, is that just because you defend his right to

not wear a poppy, doesn't make you an IRA sympathiser.

I loathe his politics, but I'll defend his right to hold them. So long as he isn't openly committing an offence then he has a right to that opinion.

Thankfully todays generation seems to be growing up with no interest in continuing the hatred. I wonder, how many here spouting off are even old

enough to remember life 'under' Irish Republican terrorism? Yunga?

And the argument that 'which countries army hasn't committed atrocities' has to be the weakest ever.   

Guest Ellis Rimmer

you can just tell which knuckle dragging morons like to stand and sing nonsense like 'f**k the blades and the iRA' (clue dumbasses: the line

when I was young and HAD NO SENSE - you still don't).

What you thicko's fail to grasp, and sadly never will since all you can manage is angry reactionary vitriol, is that just because you defend his right to

not wear a poppy, doesn't make you an IRA sympathiser.

I loathe his politics, but I'll defend his right to hold them. So long as he isn't openly committing an offence then he has a right to that opinion.

Thankfully todays generation seems to be growing up with no interest in continuing the hatred. I wonder, how many here spouting off are even old

enough to remember life 'under' Irish Republican terrorism? Yunga?

And the argument that 'which countries army hasn't committed atrocities' has to be the weakest ever.   

He supports the IRA

And the IRA have not ,Bombing women and children without any warning .I say go back to ireland because MYSELF Think it is disrespectful to refuse to wear the poppy ,I dont give a throw what you think .I have friends who have done tours in NORTHERN IRELAND ,Building contractor friend over there got a knock on the door SHOT ON HIS DOORSTEP ,in front of his wife and son ,For what ?Having a drink with a british soldier,IRA are cowards .If you dont agree i dont care ,In our country i am allowed to talk to who i want .

I think its disrespectful to try force your views on another PEACEFUL person

When did not wearing a poppy become tacit support for the IRA or indeed disrespect for anyone who lost their life in conflict ?

I wouldn't wear one on a Football Shirt because personally i dont think its the proper environment for them.

McLeans politics are his own business no one elses that, im presuming you'll agree, is what the fallen actually fought for isn't it freedom to choose how you think as long as its peaceful.

Guest Manwithastick

He supports the IRA

As he has a right to do. I bet you hate IS right? You're aware that one of the cornerstones of their philosophy is to ban individuals from doing, 

supporting, believing in things they oppose? If you truly want free thought, free speech, freedom in life, then you have to accept that others will

hold a very different view to yours. 

Guest Manwithastick

Wish all the people who hate our green and pleasant land wud fu ck iff ans live somewhere else

I'm surprised you manage to breathe on your own. You're aware you've become a complete parody of yourself? Do you have family? I weep for them.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

As he has a right to do. I bet you hate IS right? You're aware that one of the cornerstones of their philosophy is to ban individuals from doing, 

supporting, believing in things they oppose? If you truly want free thought, free speech, freedom in life, then you have to accept that others will

hold a very different view to yours. 

You're escalating this abit mate, I don't want him at the football club, didn't say we should get rid of free speech, didn't say we should become CUBA.

Just out of interest, and you'll note the lack of emotive language, if you identify as Irish, what would you think about the British Army being present in the country in which you live?

In 1969? I think I would be glad that despite me not wanting to be part of their country, I would be glad that the country I lived in had sent the army to protect me. I would hope that the other republicans wouldn't get offended by the army being there. I definitely would hope that nobody would start shooting the soldiers that were there to protect us.

You're escalating this abit mate, I don't want him at the football club, didn't say we should get rid of free speech, didn't say we should become CUBA.

In 1969? I think I would be glad that despite me not wanting to be part of their country, I would be glad that the country I lived in had sent the army to protect me. I would hope that the other republicans wouldn't get offended by the army being there. I definitely would hope that nobody would start shooting the soldiers that were there to protect us.

He isn't 46 though.

I think you've deliberately taken a one-sided view of the situation to support your argument. You're free to do that. It's a shame that the same is not extended in both directions by both parties.