James McLean ETC

Guest wilyfox

Then you'll have to accept my apologies for mis-reading your description as people who find this a very emotive subject as "the poppy brigade" and your inclusion of the Bob Mortimer head at the end of your post.

Read it however you want. Right to wear, right not to wear; mutual respect - how it should be. Don't knock others for not conforming to what you want them to do.

As an ex member of the british forces I'd sooner someone come out and be honest as to why the don't want to wear one rather than some of these celebrities that wear them as a fashion statement.

There are also plenty of English people don't wear them.

I for one wouldn't hold it against him,in fact I respect his honesty and opinion.

My grandfather served  in the Army 1934-46 ,My 2 great uncles D-Day landing with the canadian army ,Uncle in the York and Lancs in suez,Brother in the Royal Marines falklands .2 Nephews in The RAF served in Afghanistan .I wear my poppy because any conflicts my family have been in  they survived ,I honestly stand in my 2 minutes silence and think they came back but how many did not. This country of ours has had people prepared to Die and They have done for our freedom.The Wearing of the poppy is a thankyou and saying we remember your sacrifice for us.I suggest to James McLean go back to ireland.

Decent player but I'd rather not have a Republican picking up a wage from us.

You should be banned for that comment, but the mods aren't the greatest at banning sectarian rubbish.

For all those who refuse to go to Hillsborough if he signed for us, you do realise we have had other Irish players playing for us who won't have worn a poppy? did you not when Geary and Quinn were playing for us, for instance?

Guest Ellis Rimmer

You should be banned for that comment, but the mods aren't the greatest at banning sectarian rubbish.

For all those who refuse to go to Hillsborough if he signed for us, you do realise we have had other Irish players playing for us who won't have worn a poppy? did you not when Geary and Quinn were playing for us, for instance?

That situation didn't arise so we don't know whether they would or wouldn't have. Being Irish does not mean they would refuse to wear a poppy.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

To him, it signifies something else. Do the gentlemanly thing and respect both understandings.

Yeah it represents the enemy to him. Opposed to his white lilly.

BdKznrdIQAA2rFS.jpg

Let's get this straight, this man is not an anti-war man. He just hates our country but he likes our money so he's here.

McLean on Twitter:

"On flight for the maras game. Only one thing for it -headphones in, Wolfe Tones on! What's everyone's fave song? Broad Black Brimmer edges mine."

Lyrics:

"When Ireland gets her freedom

The one they'll choose to lead 'em

will wear the Broad Black Brimmer

Of the I.R.A."

Should be banned?

lol

So McLean is allowed to express his opinion but I'm not?

BdKznrdIQAA2rFS.jpg

Let's get this straight, this man is not an anti-war man. He just hates our country but he likes our money so he's here.

McLean on Twitter:

"On flight for the maras game. Only one thing for it -headphones in, Wolfe Tones on! What's everyone's fave song? Broad Black Brimmer edges mine."

Lyrics:

Of the I.R.A."

And some of you want to sign this vile filth.

My grandfather served  in the Army 1934-46 ,My 2 great uncles D-Day landing with the canadian army ,Uncle in the York and Lancs in suez,Brother in the Royal Marines falklands .2 Nephews in The RAF served in Afghanistan .I wear my poppy because any conflicts my family have been in  they survived ,I honestly stand in my 2 minutes silence and think they came back but how many did not. This country of ours has had people prepared to Die and They have done for our freedom.The Wearing of the poppy is a thankyou and saying we remember your sacrifice for us.I suggest to James McLean go back to ireland.

All of that and then you come out with "Go back to Ireland". You should be ashamed of yourself.

Let's have someone from Al'Queida up front and have the respect of both opinions.

The guys a grade A tail.

Like it or not the British Army have been responsible for the murder of countless innocent people for hundreds of years. Some people just don't want to be associated with them.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

All of that and then you come out with "Go back to Ireland". You should be ashamed of yourself.

Like it or not the British Army have been responsible for the murder of countless innocent people for hundreds of years. Some people just don't want to be associated with them.

Which countries haven't?

true, but then so have the IRA and he seems to have no problem associating with them, judging by his music..

And the IRA have not ,Bombing women and children without any warning .I say go back to ireland because MYSELF Think it is disrespectful to refuse to wear the poppy ,I dont give a throw what you think .I have friends who have done tours in NORTHERN IRELAND ,Building contractor friend over there got a knock on the door SHOT ON HIS DOORSTEP ,in front of his wife and son ,For what ?Having a drink with a british soldier,IRA are cowards .If you dont agree i dont care ,In our country i am allowed to talk to who i want .

And the IRA have not ,Bombing women and children without any warning .I say go back to ireland because MYSELF Think it is disrespectful to refuse to wear the poppy ,I dont give a throw what you think .I have friends who have done tours in NORTHERN IRELAND ,Building contractor friend over there got a knock on the door SHOT ON HIS DOORSTEP ,in front of his wife and son ,For what ?Having a drink with a british soldier,IRA are cowards .If you dont agree i dont care ,In our country i am allowed to talk to who i want .

Wrong. There are laws against racism and xenophobia.

BdKznrdIQAA2rFS.jpg

McLean on Twitter:

Lyrics:

Of the I.R.A."

SCUMBAG

true, but then so have the IRA and he seems to have no problem associating with them, judging by his music..

The IRA are a disgraceful organisation. People should still have the right not to wear a poppy. McClean has that right whatever you think of him too.