James McLean ETC

Guest wilyfox

He's the guy who refused to wear a poppy because of some Irish Nationalist poo ?

It's a no from me...

Haha, I knew it. Was only a matter of time.

Guest sotonowl

Her wage demands are outrageous though

6 packets of Werthers Original a week?

I know we're loaded now but don't take the p|ss love

yeah, and her bentley just takes up too much room in the car park

Don't, you'll start the poppy crew off again :duntmatter:

When it comes to the subject of Britains war dead, it is a very emotive subject for a large number of the general population, many of whom feel a great debt of gratitude to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, many of whom who's lives have been touched (in more recent conflicts) and often destroyed.

Footballing debate is great and but please don't try to be-little people's feelings when it comes to such a serious subject.

As it stands I too wouldn't want him here for what I saw as a huge show of disrespect (and yes I've read his letter!!) but also because threads like this really high-light how he'd split the fanbase and I'm not sure any player is worth that.

Guest wilyfox

Footballing debate is great and but please don't try to be-little people's feelings when it comes to such a serious subject.

I've done no such thing. Remembrance is rightfully honoured and respected. Knocking someone for not wearing a poppy which is merely a symbol attached and can hold different significance to others...now that is belittling.

Everyone's aware of the lads reasoning behind not wearing a poppy, some people like myself will never agree with his opinion like he doesn't with mine , it's been done to death so give it a rest

He ain't coming here anyway

Guest WESTENDOWL

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Twice the player that Maghoma was.

I am twice the player Maghoma was

Mind you i am 22 stone

Edited by WESTENDOWL

Oh god not this poppy debate again, he has perfect justifaction why he didn't wear one. It's good that people can independantly stand up for what they believe in, the British Army had no right to do what they did in Ireland, killing citizens for no reason, not the soliders , most of them were young lads taking orders but it's the fault but the people in charge.

Because of my background, I don't have respect for the South Yorkshire/Met Police and Thatcher, I would never be involved in anything that involves supporting either of them.

Edited by RobbieOwler

As an ex member of the british forces I'd sooner someone come out and be honest as to why the don't want to wear one rather than some of these celebrities that wear them as a fashion statement.

There are also plenty of English people don't wear them.

I for one wouldn't hold it against him,in fact I respect his honesty and opinion.

I've done no such thing. Remembrance is rightfully honoured and respected. Knocking someone for not wearing a poppy which is merely a symbol attached and can hold different significance to others...now that is belittling.

Then you'll have to accept my apologies for mis-reading your description as people who find this a very emotive subject as "the poppy brigade" and your inclusion of the Bob Mortimer head at the end of your post.