Price of Boxes announced

Guest Deleted member

i reckpn when the potd prices are announced it will be obvious he wants the entire stadium to himself lol

Maybe hes going to buy a season ticket for every spare seat not sold - so that he can bypass the FFP?

Meaning there will be no Pay on the Day tickets available?

(Its as feasible an idea as buying all the unsold boxes)

Its the same argument with ticket prices. There is always calls to reduce the price to fill the stadium, But do the math - would the club prefer 10k in the stadium paying a tenner or 5k paying 25 quid.

Perhaps boxes are a bit old hat these days, at Hillsborough as folk say its pleasant enough but not a wow experience. VIP seating and hospitality at a different level could be a seller. Corporate clients could entertain say 2 or 3 guests, fans would do it for special occasions and neither without a 23 match committment

From the times I have had hospitality at sporting events I find the VIP seating, entertainment in a suite so much better.  Boxes are for people who go but are not really bothered about the match and sit in there watching Soccer Saturday on Sky.

The ability to attend as and when would certainly appear to businesses on a match by match basis.

Guest Deleted member

I wouldnt pay a thousand a season for that. Looks like a horrid B&B suite in blackpool or summet. If they are gonna charge 3.7K per person they need to actually make it luxury. 

Youve mixed it up with the Sheridan Suite

The picture youre looking at is what you get for £35k a season

Guest mkowl

I wouldnt pay a thousand a season for that. Looks like a horrid B&B suite in blackpool or summet. If they are gonna charge 3.7K per person they need to actually make it luxury. 

Thats the box at £40k a season or 35k if Nigel says so. Never argue with him

Edited by mkowl

Guest Deleted member

Thats the box at £40k a season or 35k if Nigel says so. Never argue with him

Arent they £35k plus VAT? And £40k plus VAT for the centre boxes?

Guest mkowl

Be more in the centre - isn't there a comment in this thread that those companies that were in the centre were going to be moved anyhow

As someone who is a Kop season ticket holder can I just say I don't want any of you South Standers coming on there with your flasks of half time coffee, sandwiches and travel rugs

Watching a match from the side of the pitch is wrong should always be watched from one end that being the Kop

Those figures sound optimistic.

20quid each on drinks (+7.50 included) - surely the average person isn't drinking 7 pints and still making use of the free car parking.

You've not included costs for competitions, prize, entertainment, programmes, advertising, parking, heating, light, cleaning, never mind Hirsty's bar bill :biggrin:

I think the £40 pp cost more than covers any optimism.

Guest Mickey Matn

Well if the profit on selling 20 boxes at historic prices was about £80k (20% margin on 400k revenue is a guess) notwithstanding an apportionment of overheads then its hardly worth doing. Indeed ditch the boxes and use the suites for match by match corporate stuff or VIP seats in the Grandstand probably re- coup it

The gross profit on a restaurant (which is effectively what a box is) should be in the region of 60%