Price of Boxes announced

Could somebody who actually has details post a quick breakdown of each box please? 

Meals for 10 x minnimun 23 League games possibly a few more with Cup games.

Drink allowance of £75 again minnimum 23 League games

Can you use i for any Reserve or Youth cup games played at Hillsborough

Use of Box for what 365 days or just during the football season, Is there any surcharge on this?

How many staff per box

Any other Perks like programmes etc.

Could somebody who actually has details post a quick breakdown of each box please? 

Meals for 10 x minnimun 23 League games possibly a few more with Cup games.

Drink allowance of £75 again minnimum 23 League games

Can you use i for any Reserve or Youth cup games played at Hillsborough

Use of Box for what 365 days or just during the football season, Is there any surcharge on this?

How many staff per box

Any other Perks like programmes etc.

I'll have a go and try to add some values to them using next seasons ST price, but all other prices from last year commercial brouchure.

These are roughly the prices that you'd pay (incl VAT) for items that are included in an exec box:

Tickets (£550 ST + 2 Cup Games)       10 x £550+(2x£25)                  = £6000

Meal (£30?)                           10 x ?£30? x 25 games              = £7500
Drinks Included (£7.50)               £75 x £25                          = £1875
Full+Halftime refreshments Included   10 x ?£8? x 25                     = £2000
Matchday Programmes                   10 x £3 x 25                       = £750
Secure Parking (9.60 in Hills Park)   3 passes @ £9.60 x 25              = Â£720
Advertising Board                     1/2 AA1 board @ £2400              = £1200
Advertising in prog                   ?1/16th? page@4800/season(inc VAT) = £300
                                                                Sub-Total: £20345 (inc VAT)

These are fairly conservative estimates and with recent announcements I'd expect most of these to rise for next season.

Companies may be able to claim the VAT back on an exec box. In which case, the monetary value of having a box @£35k excl VAT (£140 per person/game) and each individual paying for the non-commercial items above (first 6 items) including VAT (£75) is £65 per person/game.

It is hard to see that the environment, entertainment, etc. is actually worth £65 per game.

However, going back to a previous post, if an individual has already paid 45% income tax on the £75 then it has actually cost them £136. It would therefore be very little difference between a group of wealthy company owner paying for tickets/meals/drinks etc out of their own pocket or paying for a box through their company before VAT and taking the sum off their next salary.

Each exec box also includes these items that I couldn't guess at values for:

- Celebrity entertainment (Hirsty and Pearson)
  - Competitions
  - Sky Sports TV
  - Warm private environment inside
  - Padded seat outside
  - Use of box for meetings/functions
Edited by GoldGigsChris

A good assessment Goldgiggs.

Cannot quite agree with this 45% tax thing though.

If it was a legitimate company expense this would not apply.

Also if someone was to be paying personally anything they purchase has to come out of net pay and who is to say it is not paid out of the tax free element of pay or the 20% part.

Think this tax thing is a red herring.

Guest mkowl

vat not reclaimable

If you had a better accountant it would

Strictly only the entertainment part would be non reclaimable The rest is sponsorship and meeting room hire

Edited by mkowl

Guest PAUL.

I normally have 3 or 4 boxes in a season and as my Owls fan son is unfortunately moving to Devon in September, I thought I'd give him a big send off with his mates and have a box for the Middlesborough game on 29th Aug.

Last season, it would have been £1250.00 plus VAT for ten people and classed as a 'Silver' Category fixture.

Not sure what Category it is this season but have just been quoted £2750.00 plus VAT. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sure looks like they're going to be pretty empty by the looks of those prices :wacko:

Guest mkowl

I normally have 3 or 4 boxes in a season and as my Owls fan son is unfortunately moving to Devon in September, I thought I'd give him a big send off with his mates and have a box for the Middlesborough game on 29th Aug.

Last season, it would have been £1250.00 plus VAT for ten people and classed as a 'Silver' Category fixture.

Not sure what Category it is this season but have just been quoted £2750.00 plus VAT. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sure looks like they're going to be pretty empty by the looks of those prices :wacko:

At least I won't have him moaning about Nuhiu !