Jack Thomas attracting interest from Sheffield Wednesday?

Guest TheCityOfWednesday

Guest TheCityOfWednesday

AND SO IT BEGINS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE RUMOURMILL HAS BEGUN!!  :wacko:  :laugh:

Mansfield Town youngster Jack Thomas is attracting a lot of attention from a number of Championship sides, and FLW understands that Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves are among those clubs.

Thomas, who is only 18, was the Stags most consistent player in the run in towards the end of the season, picking up four end of season awards despite making just twelve appearances.

“A couple of Championship clubs†have seen the potential in the youngster, with Joe Fitzpatrick also catching the eye.Thomas, who is only 18, was the Stags most consistent player in the run in towards the end of the season, picking up four end of season awards despite making just twelve appearances.

“There’s certain individuals in there that, probably not on a consistent basis, but in a team that’s been struggling have put performances in that have caught the eye of people,†Stags boss Adam Murray told the Nottingham Post.

“We had some interest at the start of the week from a couple of Championship clubs. He’s on the radar.â€

According to FLW sources, the highly-rated youngster could be set to depart the Sky Bet League Two club this summer, with the Owls and Wolves hot on the trail of the talented midfielder.

With the release of seven players earlier this week, Murray is not only keen to make new additions to his squad, but is also looking to give the youth their opportunity.

“We’ve still got a couple we haven’t unleashed yet that I’m excited to get involved next season.â€

It remains to be seen whether Thomas will depart Mansfield Town this summer, and it is unlikely that Stags boss Adam Murray would want to see him leave – but if a significant offer was tabled for the youngster, a move could potentially materialise.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Guest TheCityOfWednesday

John Thomas more like.

I've heard he is called that as well. Just about proves how much rubbish these reports are...

I've heard he is called that as well. Just about proves how much rubbish these reports are...

You do know jack is an alternative name for John don't you? Or it always used to be. Johns were often nicknamed jack. In recent years jack seems to be a name in its own right.

AND SO IT BEGINS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE RUMOURMILL HAS BEGUN!!  :wacko:  :laugh:

Mansfield Town youngster Jack Thomas is attracting a lot of attention from a number of Championship sides, and FLW understands that Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves are among those clubs.

Thomas, who is only 18, was the Stags most consistent player in the run in towards the end of the season, picking up four end of season awards despite making just twelve appearances.

“A couple of Championship clubs†have seen the potential in the youngster, with Joe Fitzpatrick also catching the eye.Thomas, who is only 18, was the Stags most consistent player in the run in towards the end of the season, picking up four end of season awards despite making just twelve appearances.

“There’s certain individuals in there that, probably not on a consistent basis, but in a team that’s been struggling have put performances in that have caught the eye of people,†Stags boss Adam Murray told the Nottingham Post.

“We had some interest at the start of the week from a couple of Championship clubs. He’s on the radar.â€

According to FLW sources, the highly-rated youngster could be set to depart the Sky Bet League Two club this summer, with the Owls and Wolves hot on the trail of the talented midfielder.

With the release of seven players earlier this week, Murray is not only keen to make new additions to his squad, but is also looking to give the youth their opportunity.

“We’ve still got a couple we haven’t unleashed yet that I’m excited to get involved next season.â€

It remains to be seen whether Thomas will depart Mansfield Town this summer, and it is unlikely that Stags boss Adam Murray would want to see him leave – but if a significant offer was tabled for the youngster, a move could potentially materialise.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Wolves after him though.

Agents trying to drum up interest for their client though.

(Not meant as an attack on you btw).

Yes agents will be at it ,What budget do we have ?.Would like myself to sign young players that can take the club forward .Aden flint Mansfield lad comes to mind ,Bristol city got big plans themselves .Was speaking to Adens mate asked him would he come to Hillsborough ? He said Bristol want him to sign a contract because they want premier football also West Brom are looking at him .From what i have heard Aden is no big time charlie and type of  young player we should be going for.

Rumour thread is for the truly dedicated. A place where ex-clubcall addicts and former teletext surfers go to get their new age transfer fix.

Yes agents will be at it ,What budget do we have ?.Would like myself to sign young players that can take the club forward .Aden flint Mansfield lad comes to mind ,Bristol city got big plans themselves .Was speaking to Adens mate asked him would he come to Hillsborough ? He said Bristol want him to sign a contract because they want premier football also West Brom are looking at him .From what i have heard Aden is no big time charlie and type of  young player we should be going for.

Must confess to not knowing much about him but what I have heard sounds good. Wouldn't be against us bringing him in if a deal can be done.