Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I think the game has changed (metaphorically)

This harks back to a time when our squad was being rebuilt, we had plenty of doubts about "the committee", Roeder, DC, the players being brought in - not to mention the new head coach - and absolutely bizarrely some had got it into their heads that we needed a 2nd rate nobody from league 1 to coach the team or we were gonna be doomed!

Now we have seen the manifestation of those things - our players are good, our head coach has a plan and knows what he's doing - the owner is prepared to bring in players and invest generally and our team is shaping up very nicely

Team building is extremely complex - when Blackburn signed possibly the best goalscorer outside the premier i don't think they expected to be using him just to stay in the championship

People keep saying this player isn't good enough or we need to strengthen that position - where is our 20 a season striker etc

But we are doing well and hitting the kind of consistency that see the mid table team get into the play offs

I'm not saying we shouldn't strengthen - but getting new players is not always strengthening

Just adding a goalscorer to a well-functioning team doesn't always equal an improvement - it has been seen many times that you can lose more than you gain

Yep the key is getting the right player in and getting the right combinations in the key areas. that is where a good manager or committee earn their corn.

I just think that with the players we have e.g. Wallace and Bannan out wide putting quality balls into the box and with Forestieri at 10, a quality number 9 who can make little runs in front of his marker or peel off his man at the back would have a field day. Jordon Rhodes would certainly fit the bill (not that I'm saying we are likely to get him).

It is about finding players that fit in with the team ethic and style. Bothroyd was an example of how big signings can spoil things but I trust we will have done our research on hooper.

Someone of his style is something we don't really have so it would give us another option

Guest tha_knows

Not a striker but Alan Judge is a player I really like the look of, would provide great competition on either winh for Bannan, Matias or Wallace

Not a striker but Alan Judge is a player I really like the look of, would provide great competition on either winh for Bannan, Matias or Wallace

Was he the lad that scored against us? Similar goal to today cut in from the left and right foot curler into the far corner.

It is about finding players that fit in with the team ethic and style. Bothroyd was an example of how big signings can spoil things but I trust we will have done our research on hooper.

Someone of his style is something we don't really have so it would give us another option

That's the thing, we have to trust Carlos and the committee, to have done their research. If it's true, and we are holding out for Hooper, we must presume that Carlos believes he will fit in with the work ethic, and his other attributes will offer the team something different. I'm guessing he'll pretty much be a permanent fixture if we sign him, even allowing for the bosses rotation policy. We are not going to agree to cover his wages, just to have him as a goal threat from the bench. We can speculate on where he might be played, but most Norwich fans I know, reckon he's best alongside a big man. That may be because, that was the perceived way of playing before, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him paired with, either Joao or Nuhiu. If so, where would we play Forestieri? In theory, he could play just behind a front two, in front of a narrow midfield three. That would mean sacrificing Wallace, and maybe looking to the full backs to supply the width. I don't know whether that will happen, but that's the sort issue that Carlos will have to make tough decisions about. However, I trust him to get it right.

Guest wilyfox

I wouldn't worry about different permutations. They'll sort themselves over time. Get the lad in, and effective combinations will come to the fore.