Lavery

Give it a rest mate, has he shagged your boyfreind or something .

The kids hardly played any football this season and has just come back from a big injury, he is a shining light up front compared to the one paced Nuhui and May .

Will score more than both of them next season, fancy a bet ?

I'm just giving my opinion if that's ok with you, no need to lower yourself to childish insults.

No idea how Lavery missed but it happens.   

I'd be far more critical had he been in and around the first team for the majority of the season and consistently made that kind of miss - and i'm not a Nuhiu basher either.

Lavery isn't a lone striker kind of player, he looked knackered and chased every defender down.

Edited by salmonbones

No idea how Lavery missed but it happens.

I'd be far more critical had he been in and around the first team for the majority of the season and consistently made that kind of miss - and i'm not a Nuhiu basher either.

Lavery isn't a lone striker kind of player, he looked knackered and chased every defender down.

It doesn't matter what type of player you are if your in the position to score a goal as a striker you should score, and if you don't you have failed to do your job.

However all players will miss chances and they will score harder chances than they miss so let's not bash the confidence out of them for the next week.

Even Hazard yesterday hit the post from closer than nuhiu !

Nuhiu worked his ball sack off as the lone striker, give the lad some credit.

By the time that last chance fell his way he was running on fumes.

He at least gets into positions to miss,

Its a funny old game.

..... and I like the Lavster.

What are we giving credit for? that he tried hard? is that not what Nuhiu does every match and every match he gets slated for?

Not sure why Nuhiu was brought up in a Lavery thread, but a question to you both.

If you could only keep one of Nuhiu or Lavery next season who would it be?

I haven't seen either of them enough in the flesh to have an opinion, so interested in what you think.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

GY...thanks for the positive comments pal.  lol.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less whether you take me seriously or not.  I don't make things personal on here unlike others.

However, lets analyze what you have said.  My first comment about Lavery not being good enough (my opinion) came before the Birmingham game last season and then he scored two beauties and Vulva, I think it was made a big deal about trying to prove a point.  I said that this season was a massive one for him and then unfortunately he got injured just before the season started.

The only reason he was brought back from his loan was because we were short of strikers with Keane and Bus injured.  He then went on to play very well against Rotherham and then followed that up with two more good performances against Charlton and Udders where I thought he was superb.  That is why I 'slated SG' as you say.  It seemed to be a poor decision that turned out to be correct due to a slight injury.  Am I not allowed to say anything good about the boy?  Granted, I'm not his biggest fan but when he plays well I will say so...I'm not too proud to admit it, just like if he bangs in 15-20 goals next season I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong.  However, when is poor as he was against Norwich and again yesterday (though I did say that it not totally his fault due to the role he is being asked to play) I will say so.   There is no doubt he doing quite well as the moment which is why I think he may have played himself into the squad for next season.

I don't judge players performances on whether I like them as a player or not.  I judge them on how they play.  Maybe you should try it pal?

Anyway regardless WAWAW??

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Not sure why Nuhiu was brought up in a Lavery thread, but a question to you both.

If you could only keep one of Nuhiu or Lavery next season who would it be?

I haven't seen either of them enough in the flesh to have an opinion, so interested in what you think.

There was a real irony in the post that I responded to that most posters would recognise.

They're different types of player and also depends on who we replaced either with. Lavery has promise but it remains to be seen how this pans out. Nuhiu brings things to the team that no one else on the books is capable of. I'd be able to answer you're question better after the summer recruitment.

Edited by Dagmeister

The difference between May/nuhiu and lavery, is that lavery hasn't been consistently missing sitters all season. Everyone misses sitters yes, even the best players, but it's how many goals you score not the chances you miss. Lavery I'm sure will have a better goals per minute ratio then the other two despite his long injury lay off and lack of match fitness. He will miss sitters next year, but he'll score more then nuhiu and may if either of them are still here.

When he misses chance after chance throughout a whole season then you can start comparing him to our other strikers

He'll get 20 goals

Don't lump too much pressure on him now will ya. 

15 goals for any of our current strikers would be bleeding marvellous. 

The difference between May/nuhiu and lavery, is that lavery hasn't been consistently missing sitters all season. Everyone misses sitters yes, even the best players, but it's how many goals you score not the chances you miss. Lavery I'm sure will have a better goals per minute ratio then the other two despite his long injury lay off and lack of match fitness. He will miss sitters next year, but he'll score more then nuhiu and may if either of them are still here.

well if you don't play you don't miss sitters

he's been injured most of the season and yes he'll have a better goal per minute ratio as he's played less due to being injured 70% of the season.

Still missed some though in the last couple of games that would have sparked yet another witch hunt on here if it had been Nuhiu

There was a real irony in the post that I responded to that most posters would recognise.

They're different types of player and also depends on who we replaced either with. Lavery has promise but it remains to be seen how this pans out. Nuhiu brings things to the team that no one else on the books is capable of. I'd be able to answer you're question better after the summer recruitment.

aye, I guess my comment of at least he gets into positions to miss could be construed in a number of ways.

I didn't mention Nuhiu though:)

I'm not going to explain what I was getting at, because this is a Lavery thread and can't be arsed.....but I like him and think he could be the best striker at the club, given a run in the side.

The obsession with bringing nuhui into every thread is unreal. What else is unreal is how people defend his record just because he tries hard and is a nice bloke. He's not good enough move on. Lavery, I didn't think was up to it, but he's impressed since his return from cotton eye joe land. Poor yesterday but bring on the Leeds scum

Guest SGEMMELL_OWL94

Said it once and I will say it again, May, Lavery and Bus will score between 45 - 50 goals next season between them.

totally agree

aye, I guess my comment of at least he gets into positions to miss could be construed in a number of ways.

I didn't mention Nuhiu though:)

I'm not going to explain what I was getting at, because this is a Lavery thread and can't be arsed.....but I like him and think he could be the best striker at the club, given a run in the side.

Wasn't getting at you. Neither was it a pop at Lavery. There was an irony though, likely unintentional it seems, and that's the only thing I was highlighting. Indeed it could be construed in different ways as you say. Said it on here before; give me a striker that misses 5 out of 10 chances any day over one who scores 2 from 2 but too often goes hiding.