Gray Out!

Guest Charlton

I get all that and agree he has done a good job with little resources. However and this for me is the crux of the matter, I don't think Stuart Grey does attacking football. I think he does defending, and he does it very well, but when it comes to going forward he knows what he likes or think he knows, but nothing comes off or happens. His January trading concerns me. Along with the last few games/results which are similar to last years crap run in. Nothing he's done since we've had the takeover has filled me with confidence. There might be a plan behind the scenes but what's up front is awful and doesn't show Grey in a good light

I don't think he's as defensive as some make out. He's shown that he wants us to get the ball down and play decent football when possible.

The other night against Wolves, we started the second half with an attacking flurry, but since none of our players could stick the ball in the back of the net, we were unable to capitalise on our pressure and then got hit on the break. If we had more clinical finishers than Nuhiu and May upfront this season, Gray's 'defensive' football would have seen us higher up the table, even before we factor in the extra confidence and freedom teams tend to play with once they get a goal and go ahead in a game.

With more clinical strikers and better deliveries from out wide, I think we'll see a much better attacking record next season.

Obviously we have taken into account the Level of investment at Leeds in the Pre Season, and the fact that their wage bill is much higher than ours? 

The fact is that Leeds SHOULD be above us, as should possibly about another 5 or 6 teams, the fact they are just 1 point above us, regardless of how far ahead we "were" is testament to Gray and what he had managed to achieve with this squad of players and his hands tied behind his back. 

Sometimes if you have nothing positive to say, you should just shut the roger up instead of going over old ground.

Guest samowl

Let's be honest all the games are hard work to watch.Hillsbrough is an easy place for teams to come, the fans are quiet , the tempo's slow there's no flair , we haven't any player that gets yer off yer seat.It's a mundane 90 minutes , we play mortuary football.The bodies are there but there's no life .

Yes I'll be renewing , but a lot on here need to wipe their blue and white glasses , accept that Gray has done a great job but needs to be moved on .I certainly wouldn't give him owt to spend , his signings on the whole have been disappointing , Westward and Lees apart .

Blackpool,Millwall and a point against Fulham is hardly ground breaking.

And Middlesbrough, dont just make things up.

Our form has been average and we're inconsistent, which is why we're 12th.

Sometimes Owlstalk is a competition to see who can be the most hyperbolic.

And Middlesbrough, dont just make things up.

Our form has been average and we're inconsistent, which is why we're 12th.

Sometimes Owlstalk is a competition to see who can be the most hyperbolic.

Have I not said times many that the Middlesbrough game was the highlight of the season.

And if your going try and pull my posts to bits at least get your facts right,we are 13th not 12th.

Just listening to todays interview and he sounds to me like he is losing a bit of patience with the strikers missing all the time.

I think he said 'inexcusable' to not hit the target and make the keeper work.

Good. Sometimes mollycoddling them keeps them soft. They need to toughen up and do their jobs. Or they play at a lower level.

Have I not said times many that the Middlesbrough game was the highlight of the season.

And if your going try and pull my posts to bits at least get your facts right,we are 13th not 12th.

Yes, I forgot Leeds were playing last night.

The point still stands though, you can't dismantle the run of form without reference to it. I don't remember your other posts elsewhere so I've no idea what you generally talk about

Our form is average, we are average, and probably punching above our weight slightly.

Just listening to todays interview and he sounds to me like he is losing a bit of patience with the strikers missing all the time.

I think he said 'inexcusable' to not hit the target and make the keeper work.

Good. Sometimes mollycoddling them keeps them soft. They need to toughen up and do their jobs. Or they play at a lower level.

Yep

Guest Hudders Owl87

Really loosing my rag with Greys bulls h i t approch! Get shut Dejphon. Someone with a proper philosophy and a f u c k i n g back bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!