Sell Madine or May and keep Lavery?

Guest Iron Hunter

what about Bus & Lavery? not good enough too?

I'd like to think that Bus is. There were a few nice touches and glimpses of quality before he got injured; but it's difficult to tell at this early stage.

I'd also be interested to see how Lavery would do if he were given a run of games up front rather than out wide. Having him back before the end of the season would be ideal for that with our mid-table status being pretty much decided.

He probably would've been worth keeping around anyway considering our lack of options out wide. He likes to run at defenders, which is never a bad thing to have waiting on the bench.

I suspect he's not going to make it with us, otherwise we'd've seen more of him by now. I just haven't seen enough myself to write him off just yet.

I'd like to think that Bus is. There were a few nice touches and glimpses of quality before he got injured; but it's difficult to tell at this early stage.

I'd also be interested to see how Lavery would do if he were given a run of games up front rather than out wide. Having him back before the end of the season would be ideal for that with our mid-table status being pretty much decided.

He probably would've been worth keeping around anyway considering our lack of options out wide. He likes to run at defenders, which is never a bad thing to have waiting on the bench.

I suspect he's not going to make it with us, otherwise we'd've seen more of him by now. I just haven't seen enough myself to write him off just yet.

I think we would have seen more of him but for the injury George . I liked what I saw last year anyway

Good point. Me too. I don't what Gray thinks of him though.

Last time we sent him on loan he came back full of confidence hopefully he comes back fitter this time from what I've see I'd rate him above May and Madine . I may be wrong but I think the lad's a very good player

I said in an earlier post the potentially, we will have 3-4 good young forwards, perhaps the best out side of the premiership, with May, Lavery, Bus and Keane if we can get him back for next season.

All 4 have good movement and mobilty also the potential to score 15 goals? each.

I said in an earlier post the potentially, we will have 3-4 good young forwards, perhaps the best out side of the premiership, with May, Lavery, Bus and Keane if we can get him back for next season.

All 4 have good movement and mobilty also the potential to score 15 goals? each.

Yes they're young enough to come good, but we still need an experienced head in there I think, someone who's done it at this level

Good point. Me too. I don't what Gray thinks of him though.

IF the new owner brings in a billy big balls manager, then...

it's likely any emerging hopefuls won't have the time or chance to work through...

i hope that isn't the case, i want to see the club be given the chance to evolve, not a revolution... 

Ok lets use some common sense, you are saying we are better off selling May and Madine and keeping lavery.

1. Lavery is out on loan after a bad injury, he's scored a couple in League One, we don't know what the future holds but he's under contract.

2. May cost us a decent fee 6 months ago, plus he scored last week in the Championship.

3. Madine is out of contract in the summer so we can't sell him plus he's scored a couple in the Championship for an awful Blackpool side.

Im not sure how you have come to the conclusion that we would be better with Lavery, in fact I don't want to know, it will hurt my brain.

I don't know why this thread continued for 5 pages after this post?

I think Lavery, Bus and May all are similarish type of players - and I think if we sign another striker in summer one of them will be off, I can see that being Lavery, and if he keeps bagging for Chesterfield can't see us refusing to sell for around the £750k mark.

Hope we keep him though, good talent just needs a run of games when fit!

Guest TommyTank

Nuhiu and May.

Ive seen both players play very well and if they can hit those performances on a regular basis they can make it at this level.

Ive also seen both of them have awful games.

Now this is where the difference is for me:

Nuhiu off form offers us nothing, his heads drops and nothing goes right for him.

May off form offers work rate and a willing runner in behind meaning even if he's playing badly he is still a threat.

If it was a choice between the 2 the May would stay because of this.

Not really sure why we are even arguing about it, surely we should all hope they both do well and assist in our return to the top flight. Only my opinion though and by all means continue to destroy players if you see fit.

Guest Fedor

Nuhiu and May.

Ive seen both players play very well and if they can hit those performances on a regular basis they can make it at this level.

Ive also seen both of them have awful games.

Now this is where the difference is for me:

Nuhiu off form offers us nothing, his heads drops and nothing goes right for him.

May off form offers work rate and a willing runner in behind meaning even if he's playing badly he is still a threat.

If it was a choice between the 2 the May would stay because of this.

Not really sure why we are even arguing about it, surely we should all hope they both do well and assist in our return to the top flight. Only my opinion though and by all means continue to destroy players if you see fit.

Tommy Tank owns this thread

Tommy Tank owns this thread

how can that be when he has praised Nuhiu?

so your telling us, and i quote, that 'Nuhiu can play very well and if he can hit those performances more regular he can make it at this level'    

Is that what your telling us fedor?

Yes they're young enough to come good, but we still need an experienced head in there I think, someone who's done it at this level

I agree , we need that experienced striker and we've needed him for a long time and have missed numerous opportunitys to get one

Hopefully now we have the ability in the summer to finally address it, but I'm taking nothing away from Lavery i genuinely think the lad is a talent and he will push any strikers at the club next season all the way

Desperately unlucky with his injury at the start of this season otherwise he would have pushed on, and i think SG is fully aware he's good enough and will be a big part of his plans next season