Sell Madine or May and keep Lavery?

Guest Iron Hunter

So having not seen much of him up top how are some of you making these calls on how good he is?

how are you making these calls that i havent seen much of him up top? 

travelled to scuny v chez just last week, for the very reason of watching him up top! want any more of my diary?

I do like Stevie May mate, he's completely different to Hirsty in all aspects.

David Hirst was one of the best Strikers in England at his best.

Will May ever be that good, probably not.

I do believe though that May can score regular goals at Championship level, what are we asking of him at the moment?

If we get to the Premiership then I would imagine we would be making plenty of changes.

I see May potentially like a Danny Ings.

That isn't behond him from what Ive seen, especially if we allow him to develop.

You clearly didn't see Hirsty as a grown up did you ?

May isn't anywhere near his stature and to be honest it's a feckin disgrace you are trying to say they are similar.

Anothe FM know it all obviously...

If JTO hadn't fessed up I'd have thought you were him, are you KFO or all the other names he's used ?

TBF. Imay have read your post too quick..

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

May and Lavery are both investments. Also dont forget that Lavery has already had a season in the English leagues with a fair bit of Championship experience under his belt whereas May has spent the season adapting into a tougher league in a side that until recently has been completely inept when it comes to attacking. Or we could just write May off now at the age of 21 like we seem to do with everyone else who we sign.

I agree with other posts though, either play Lavery or May up front or not at all. If we're short for wingers then sign some

Guest TommyTank

You clearly didn't see Hirsty as a grown up did you ?

May isn't anywhere near his stature and to be honest it's a feckin disgrace you are trying to say they are similar.

Anothe FM know it all obviously...

If JTO hadn't fessed up I'd have thought you were him, are you KFO or all the other names he's used ?

TBF. Imay have read your post too quick..

What?

When did I say they were similar you strange person?

Guest TommyTank

how are you making these calls that i havent seen much of him up top? 

travelled to scuny v chez just last week, for the very reason of watching him up top! want any more of my diary?

You went to watch Scunny against Chesterfield just to watch Lavery up top, what if he had started on the bench like he did the week before against Rochdale?

Or are you a scout for SWFC and Chesterfield confirmed to you that he would be starting?

WOW, the tards are out in force toneet.

Yeah I know and accepted that when I re-read it,

I guess speed reading the thread sometimes gives you the wrong perspective and you can jump to the wrong conclusion.

Now I know why you are called Capt Slow or whatever it is.

Thanks mate, so when Lavery was fit last season and scoring a couple he still wasn't picked up top.

Yet I am hearing things like he's our 20 goal aseason striker and that he's so much better than May.

Baffling.

Think both of them are rough diamonds who will, given time develop. Personally, I think Lavery is a very good player and certainly offers something else-speed in wide positons

Guest TommyTank

Think both of them are rough diamonds who will, given time develop. Personally, I think Lavery is a very good player and certainly offers something else-speed in wide positons

Im sure he started out a winger mate for Ipswich, I kind of hope he didnt because that would make me a geek but for some reason  i am thinking when he signed for the development squad he came in as a winger and we played him in the second striker role.

You went to watch Scunny against Chesterfield just to watch Lavery up top, what if he had started on the bench like he did the week before against Rochdale?

Or are you a scout for SWFC and Chesterfield confirmed to you that he would be starting?

Now I know why you are called Capt Slow or whatever it is.

WOW, - At least Capt Slow or whatever it is, is my original user name... Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

You went to watch Scunny against Chesterfield just to watch Lavery up top, what if he had started on the bench like he did the week before against Rochdale?

Now I know why you are called Capt Slow or whatever it is.

he was on the bench vs scuny too. he got half hour, up top. 

i knew he was on the bench based on Paul Cooks pre-game interview. 

dunt bother me that people dont rate Lav's yet. i just think people need to see him up top for us before writing him off.

He may not make it with us, but id be very surprised if he failed with us 'having being given a chance' ...only time will tell.

lets see how well hes done come the seasons end with chez.

Most of the sides fighting for promotion have a pool of five strikers. This is probably the optimum amount, although unlike a lot of those sides, we play 442 The 5th striker probably won't be getting regular game time, so would probably be better out on loan.