Sell Madine or May and keep Lavery?

Guest Iron Hunter

I don't think the club have any intention of letting Lavery go.

He's surely got to have a long term future here as a starter once he's proved his fitness.

The only thing against him is, oddly, his age - he's older than Stevie May - he's no longer a youngster who we can ship out on loan to develop - he's either got to play a major part, which I think he could, or be let go elsewhere, which I think would be a mistake - even with us getting a few quid in the coffers.

Guest TommyTank

Ok lets use some common sense, you are saying we are better off selling May and Madine and keeping lavery.

1. Lavery is out on loan after a bad injury, he's scored a couple in League One, we don't know what the future holds but he's under contract.

2. May cost us a decent fee 6 months ago, plus he scored last week in the Championship.

3. Madine is out of contract in the summer so we can't sell him plus he's scored a couple in the Championship for an awful Blackpool side.

Im not sure how you have come to the conclusion that we would be better with Lavery, in fact I don't want to know, it will hurt my brain.

I really rate Lavery. Think he has the whole package. Quick, can finish, likes to run at defenders, good leap on him- shame about his injury but hope he bags more for Chesterfield and comes back into the first team.

Think he's a better prospect than May in all honesty. But I wouldn't sell May, that would be stupid. Obviously Gaz is on his way out.

Ok lets use some common sense, you are saying we are better off selling May and Madine and keeping lavery.

1. Lavery is out on loan after a bad injury, he's scored a couple in League One, we don't know what the future holds but he's under contract.

2. May cost us a decent fee 6 months ago, plus he scored last week in the Championship.

3. Madine is out of contract in the summer so we can't sell him plus he's scored a couple in the Championship for an awful Blackpool side.

Im not sure how you have come to the conclusion that we would be better with Lavery, in fact I don't want to know, it will hurt my brain.

It's the heffernan effect - any striker that doesn't play regularly becomes the best striker at the club.

Guest Iron Hunter

We forked out a few million for Andy Sinton and he was a waste of space.Sometimes you have to accept that you may lose money on a deal.Man Utd and Veron for instance.Really hope I'm proved wrong but thats the way I see it.