Sell Madine or May and keep Lavery?

Guest Iron Hunter

A long term injury at the start of the season put Lavery way down the pecking order here once he was back fit again. I do wonder if he would've established himself as a first choice here had he stayed injury free?

As for now it's better for him playing regularly for Chesterfield. Who knows he might well help Chesterfield get promoted at the expense of you know who?

Guest wilyfox

Bring him back and send Keane back to Man U.

May, Nuhiu, Bus and Lavery.

All our own players. Use rest of this season to get them raring to go for next

Bad idea.

Guest TommyTank

So when Lavery scored twice against leeds did he push on from there, was he playing week in, week out upfront.

Im struggling to be honest to remember another decent performances from him up top.

Can anyone help me out?

This isnt a bashing, I havent seen what others have, I need some evidence.

Guest TommyTank

Bring him back and send Keane back to Man U.

May, Nuhiu, Bus and Lavery.

All our own players. Use rest of this season to get them raring to go for next

Keane and Lavery are worlds apart, Lavery was left out of the Chesterfield side last week.

So when Lavery scored twice against leeds did he push on from there, was he playing week in, week out upfront.

Im struggling to be honest to remember another decent performances from him up top.

Can anyone help me out?

Can hardly remember him as a striker even that Brum game where he scored two he was playing wide right

Can anyone help me out?

he was played on the wing not up front

Still not 100% ready IMO- better to assess him pre-season and go from there.

Assuming that all loanees return to their respective clubs, our striking options would be.

Nuhiu, May, Bus, Lavery, Madine. I think all could do a job in the Championship, just whether they're going to step up to the next level. Nuhiu we've seen boss the best defences in this league, but he doesn't do it frequently enough... he does that he'll be a certainty to start up front... if not he should be confined to the bench. May is sitting on a tonne of potential, it's just whether he can do that here. Bus remains to be seen... he looked sharp but it's too early to tell either way. Lavery... again bags of potential and don't feel he's been given the right chance, but does he possess the necessary all-round-game? Madine... he's gone.

All four of those seem gambles in one way or another, but I would be absolutely gutted if any of them left in the summer. BUT, that said I think we need one more striker (a proper proven lad) to ensure we have a decent strikeforce. Could we keep 5 strikers happy?

Guest TommyTank

he was played on the wing not up front

Thanks mate, so when Lavery was fit last season and scoring a couple he still wasn't picked up top.

Yet I am hearing things like he's our 20 goal aseason striker and that he's so much better than May.

Baffling.

he aint been given a chance up top! played 95% of his games for us either on the wing or on the bench....

If he plays up top, he scores, its that simple, be it for Plymouth, chezzy, us......

or scarily, for someone else if we are daft enough to let him go... game time & service is all Lav's needs.

but why do we have to sell someone? in Bus, Lavery & May im delighted with the youthful talent we have at our disposal. 

weve found quality in CM with Mugugan,  now for class wide men please...

Guest TommyTank

Keane would be a good signing, his career will be on an upward curve by the end of this season reckon he'll get another 5 me.

Keane's surprised me if I'm honest mate, in his first couple of performances I was wondering why we had brought him in, however, I havent seen a player improve so dramatically over such a short period.

If he keeps this up he will be a welcomed addition for next season.

Guest TommyTank

he aint been given a chance up top! played 95% of his games for us either on the wing or on the bench....

If he plays up top, he scores, its that simple, be it for Plymouth, chezzy, us......

or scarily, for someone else if we are daft enough to let him go... game time & service is all Lav's needs.

but why do we have to sell someone? in Bus, Lavery & May im delighted with the youthful talent we have at our disposal. 

weve found quality in CM with Mugugan,  now for class wide men please...

So having not seen much of him up top how are some of you making these calls on how good he is?

Just tell Blackpool they can keep Madine, he had his chance and I was one of his biggest supporters but time to move on and nowt to be gained by re-signing him...

As for May, give him a feckin chance FFS...

Lavery has yet to prove himself, especially at the level we are now looking at...

Guest TommyTank

Tommy mate.Is May the new "Hirst" then?

I do like Stevie May mate, he's completely different to Hirsty in all aspects.

David Hirst was one of the best Strikers in England at his best.

Will May ever be that good, probably not.

I do believe though that May can score regular goals at Championship level, what are we asking of him at the moment?

If we get to the Premiership then I would imagine we would be making plenty of changes.

I see May potentially like a Danny Ings.

That isn't behond him from what Ive seen, especially if we allow him to develop.