Sell Madine or May and keep Lavery?

Guest Iron Hunter

Erm... because he's not very good! Eh?

george...

you make some really good posts in defence of attey, and its no secret you really like him,

but im sorry, your own stats youve posted have proved there is not much between the two, yes Nuhius stats are slightly better, but not by enough for you to say S May is no good,

if May is as you say - then Nuhiu aint as good as you think 

If Nuhiu is as you say - then May is better than you think, 

george...

you make some really good posts in defence of attey, and its no secret you really like him,

but im sorry, your own stats youve posted have proved there is not much between the two, yes Nuhius stats are slightly better, but not by enough for you to say S May is no good,

This. 

george...

The stats I've posted show that we're significantly better as a team with Attey in it than with May in it; but that's beside the point.

I've never really said that Nuhiu is a world beater. He's just the best we've had this season.

The question I replied to was "why sell May". Now that we have ambitions of promotion n all that, we need better. It's as simple as that for me.

I think that Bus (guessing a bit) and Lavery, offer more than May in that role. We might even sign someone better that puts May back to 4th choice for that 1 position.

As it stands we don't have anyone better than Nuhiu for his role. I'd expect/hope than we can sign a replacememt in the summer. At that point I'd be happy to see him as a super sub and just offer a bit of injury/suspension cover as a squad player. If we buy another replacement, assuming he's also better than Attey, there's no point keeping him either.

The stats I've posted show that we're significantly better as a team with Attey in it than with May in it; but that's beside the point.

I've never really said that Nuhiu is a world beater. He's just the best we've had this season.

The question I replied to was "why sell May". Now that we have ambitions of promotion n all that, we need better. It's as simple as that for me.

I think that Bus (guessing a bit) and Lavery, offer more than May in that role. We might even sign someone better that puts May back to 4th choice for that 1 position.

As it stands we don't have anyone better than Nuhiu for his role. I'd expect/hope than we can sign a replacememt in the summer. At that point I'd be happy to see him as a super sub and just offer a bit of injury/suspension cover as a squad player. If we buy another replacement, assuming he's also better than Attey, there's no point keeping him either.

i understand WHY you was posting the stats, but that doesnt change the fact that the stats read very similar for both players..

1 i never said that you did say nuhiu was a world beater.

2 you make a good point that the takeover means we could upgrade up top... 

but that doesnt change the fact that by definition of your stats, the 2 aint as far apart as you purport.

FWIW

im one of the few that rate Attey as high as you do, but the difference is that i think May is good too, (your stats told me)

...But that doesnt change the fact that by definition of your stats, the 2 aint as far apart as you purport

I purport that I am significantly more entertained by Attey, and that we're significantly more successful as a team. My stats demonstrate the latter. You'll have to take my word for the former.

In terms of how far apart they are. I think we need to find better than both if we want to progress.

I purport that I am significantly more entertained by Attey, and that we're significantly more successful as a team. My stats demonstrate the latter. You'll have to take my word for the former.

In terms of how far apart they are. I think we need to find better than both if we want to progress.

what about Bus & Lavery? not good enough too?

brine or sunflower oil.....

vodka or real ale more like.

FWIW, I think Lavery is showing real promise. Defo a keeper. I also like May and am convinced he can be very capable at this level. Patience is needed.

Disappointed for any number of reasons that Madine hasn't worked out for us. Might be best to part ways as it seems that we have already moved on re pool of strikers to select from.

Edited by themaskedowl