Would you pay a premium to stand at football ?

Having experienced the effect of Dortmund's yellow wall first hand a few weeks ago admittedly from the opposite end of the ground it's simple

safe standing works and works well.
In fact there is so much that can be taken from a German fans match experience it's quite frankly painful. Season ticket on the Wall 200 Euro

on the day (if you can get one 16 euro) No wonder it sells out. Fan park outside the ground with beer tent burger vans etc . Being allowed to have a beer and smoke in your seat (they have a no smoking section) so much for it being European legislation no one else in Europe does what we do.

A bit of success them sort of prices for safe standing and the Kop could probably give the wall a run for its money 

The price for standing would be lower than sitting, I believe that is the real reason why the top clubs are against standing in any form, loss of revenue, rather than any concern for safety.

I am in full agreement with safe standing areas, I wouldn't take part myself, old fogie with too many aches and pains, but if it is what the paying public want then that's good enough for me.

Guest totemowl

impossible

Look at the pic. Each space is allocated. Usually the space can be converted by a lever into a seat, so it wouldn't be less. And there's a lot of oversized buggers around. I think I'd rather sit next to them than stand where they can jostle me senseless. But if I choose to stand I might not have a choice.

And those ridiculous rails!!!

Edited by totemowl

Guest conisbrough

No.

The world has moved on from standing at venues. Ability to adapt and change to a new environment is the only way to survive and prosper., applies to everything in life.

Crap view at the front, just stand on the back row

I'd love to see safe standing at all grounds, but I'd be amazed if we ever see standing at Hillsborough again

I'm on the back row of the kop, I stand all game and would never give up my seat unless they actually brought in safe standing, as far as I'm concerned it's the best seat in the house. Edited by GroundhoppingOwl